gandy out at LT, peters to LT, reyes benched ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the moves on the left side and was saying that's what they should have done over the off-season. I don't like Villy starting and think that Reyes should be starting over him now, seeing as how Villy is more a liability now and Reyes has been a RG most of his NFL career. At center there's really no other option, but the Bills need to get a dominant center somehow over the off-season and the O-line will be much-improved. As for Pennington, interesting to see him starting at RT. Here's hoping the changes work!

First of all, Gandy will man the LG position. Not the RG position. CV will remain at RG.

Secondly, McGinest doesn't even play for New England anymore.

815607[/snapback]

First off I wasn't saying that Gandy would replace Villarial at LG. I was simply saying this would be a good move. I think I mentioned the position by committee later in my previous post. I realize that this is an entire shuffle for the most part.

As far as my second point was concerned "My Bad"... McGinnest is in Cleveland; I meant Richard Seymour, but the point was the pros and cons of starting a young Aaron Merz and getting beaten by a stud are going to happen.

Anyway I still love the moves.

If the OL was playing well,  why mess with it?  The truth is,  they weren't playing well and the coaching staff was forced to make a change.  It certainly wasn't a move to get younger players involved (Gandy is only 27,  Reyes 28).

815593[/snapback]

I'd argue that the coaching staff knows that Gandy will never be a good LT, and Reyes will never be good at any OL position. On the other hand, a player like Peters has the potential to be a good LT; and there's a chance Pennington will become a good RT. This is a move about getting the players with the most upside onto the field, so that we can figure out what we do or don't need this coming offseason.

I think we need to use him on special teams still.  Remember when he blocked a punt, recovered it, and scored?

815427[/snapback]

Yeah, I also remember when we had Peters as a rookie blocking TE lining up next to Mike Williams and Pat Williams and Sam Adams at DT. Back then we had the makings of a team that was about to start dominating both sides of the LOS.

As TKO said many weeks ago, I guess this means we're in rebuilding mode :blink:

I like the moves all the way around. It's happening at Bye Week, a good time to do it, and it recognizes the fact we have to get better on the O-Line. You just have the feeling that this will continue into FA and the draft.

Yeah it will at least keep us tuned in. But what if Peters doesn't make a smooth transistion and Pennington can't hang at RT? I'd much prefer to leave Peters at RT and give Pennington a shot at LT and move Gandy to guard. That way if he doesn't pan out then when can just target for an upgrade at LT in the offseason. I think it will take 3-4 games to get the O-line up to speed but I HOPE I'M WRONG! GO BILLS! The next big change should be start Davis over Price!

This makes it even more frustrating to have wait over the bye week to see what our new toys will look like; feels like Christmas; hope I'm not disappointed!

815465[/snapback]

The main idea is to get our best linemen to protect our QB's blindside

I like the moves on the left side and was saying that's what they should have done over the off-season. 

815742[/snapback]

WOW !

For sure in the offseason, but who in their fevered dreams saw this coming ? These guys are bolder and wackier than TBD. Kudos to the Bills for recognizing a problem area and for not making the EASY move.

WOW !

For sure in the offseason, but who in their fevered dreams saw this coming ? These guys are bolder and wackier than TBD. Kudos to the Bills for recognizing a problem area and for not making the EASY move.

I said in the off-season that Peters will be the starting LT no later than 2007, and could be starting THIS year. I'm surprised they did it mid-season, but then again, I'm not.

And just to reiterate, it looks like Reyes is being given time to recover from injuries, not necessarily being benched. Again I'd favor putting him at his more familiar position of RG instead of Villarrial.