Observations from Sectio 336 from yesterday

We made our yearly trek with 16 friends and family to the game ... and here are some thoughts from yesterday:

1) thinking as we stood in the rain, cooking our lunch as the jug of coco exploded and was everywhere .. not a good omen

2) as we were about to go in and noticed one of the tires was almost flat - not a good omen

3) Got to our seat sand wondered if we were at the right game - seemed like half the people had NE stuff on - not a good omen

4) Watched the bills implode with bad plays and NE being NE

5) More people yelling for NE than the Bills around us - even had a chant going a couple of times - talk about no respect at an away game - not that we deserve any

6) Watched 3 guys two rows ahead of us get busted for smoking dope ... and all 3 covered head to toe in Bills gear ... NE guy sitting across the aisle stands up and yells ... "Go Bills" as they leave with the cops - was funny !

7) get to the car .. will not start .. need a jump .. and limp out looking for air for the tire ...

Now makes the 5th straight lose we have attended .. none close .. all disappointing. I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ... and it is not much. You watch NE and if you do not realize the HUGE gap between the two just open your eyes. We are in the bottom 5 teams and getting worse.

Yuck !

I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ...

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]

that's the most pathetic part of everything... when the fans go through the motions, its never good. I barely remember the 2-14 years, but i do remember passion. the passion is definitely dormant now!

that's the most pathetic part of everything...  when the fans go through the motions, its never good.  I barely remember the 2-14 years, but i do remember passion.  the passion is definitely dormant now!

813756[/snapback]

I was at a game in the 3-13 years - the close game against the Panthers (one of the only teams worse then us that year).

I was going mental cheering and yelling. Most Bills fans were so Blah.

Wish people in the stadium would quit being so fricken metrosexual about it all, grow a pair, and start going wild for the Bills - whatever the outcome.

Wish people in the stadium would quit being so fricken metrosexual about it all, grow a pair, and start going wild for the Bills - whatever the outcome.

813777[/snapback]

Dude, you're a nutcase. You fly across an ocean to see a hideous football team play. Most of the people in the stands that year were locals, and really, can you blame them for not caring?

So what is the answer. I feel your pain believe me because I have been in situations like yours. What a crappy feeling. Its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Times are tough. Even on the global scene. Bush and the war etc.

A couple of wins in a row is all we can hope to wake up to. Its about being a fan and boy being a Bills fan is getting to be work.

Dude, you're a nutcase. You fly across an ocean to see a hideous football team play. Most of the people in the stands that year were locals, and really, can you blame them for not caring?

813779[/snapback]

hahaha - i AM a nutcase. Any opportunity I get to come out there I take it... Not real easy to pick good years out when you have to buy flights up to 18months in advance to afford it.

There is still passion in the stadium. I am not going to be able to speak for a week. But it seems like the crowd gives up at the first sign of adversity. Granted the team has not performed well, but it sucks when the fans fold faster than superman on laundry day. You have to believe there is a chance or what is the point of going?

There is still passion in the stadium.  I am not going to be able to speak for a week.  But it seems like the crowd gives up at the first sign of adversity.  Granted the team has not performed well, but it sucks when the fans fold faster than superman on laundry day.  You have to believe there is a chance or what is the point of going?

813787[/snapback]

You go to see friends, and have a tailgate. You certainly don't go to see a football game.

Let's put it this way...remember the last time the Bills overcame adversity to win? I don't either. How can you expect the fans to think they will?

You go to see friends, and have a tailgate. You certainly don't go to see a football game.

Let's put it this way...remember the last time the Bills overcame adversity to win? I don't either. How can you expect the fans to think they will?

813788[/snapback]

Agreed, the tailgate is the best part. But we took someone to the game for their first nfl experience and the whole stadium feels different. No cheering, hi-fives, first down signs. I didnt even hear one pittsburgh sucks chant. If the team is gonna suck we might as well party down like the bills fans that we used to be.

Agreed, the tailgate is the best part.  But we took someone to the game for their first nfl experience and the whole stadium feels different.  No cheering, hi-fives, first down signs. I didnt even hear one pittsburgh sucks chant.  If the team is gonna suck we might as well party down like the bills fans that we used to be.

813792[/snapback]

LOL

THEY SCORED 6 POINTS and gave up a touchdown on the first drive of the game. How the hell's anyone supposed to cheer that kind of effort? I love how people criticize the FANS of the team. Guess what? The asshats on the field are supposed to give the fans something to cheer for, and they don't.

We made our yearly trek with 16 friends and family to the game ... and here are some thoughts from yesterday:

1) thinking as we stood in the rain, cooking our lunch as the jug of coco exploded and was everywhere .. not a good omen

2) as we were about to go in and noticed one of the tires was almost flat - not a good omen

3) Got to our seat sand wondered if we were at the right game - seemed like half the people had NE stuff on - not a good omen

5) More people yelling for NE than the Bills around us - even had a chant going a couple of times - talk about no respect at an away game - not that we deserve any

6) Watched 3 guys two rows ahead of us get busted for smoking dope ... and all 3 covered head to toe in Bills gear ... NE guy sitting across the aisle stands up and yells ... "Go Bills" as they leave with the cops - was funny !

7) get to the car .. will not start .. need a jump .. and limp out looking for air for the tire ...

Now makes the 5th straight lose we have attended .. none close .. all disappointing. I noticed that eve the crowd does not seem to care. Some half hearted efforts to cheer a couple of times but in general you know what you get with this team ... and it is not much. You watch NE and if you do not realize the HUGE gap between the two just open your eyes. We are in the bottom 5 teams and getting worse.

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]

This is exactly the reason I will NEVER go to a Bills vs. Patsies game in Buffalo again. Because A-hole season ticket holders think about making the almighty buck rather that have actual Bills fans in the seats , they would rather sell all of their ticket to A-hole Pats fans. It is the same every year. You show up hoping to enjoy a game and end up so pissed off at the Patsie fans cellabrating in your face that you want to kill someone... When will it end ????

This is exactly the reason I will NEVER go to a Bills vs. Patsies game in Buffalo again. Because A-hole season ticket holders think about making the almighty buck rather that have actual Bills fans in the seats , they would rather sell all of their ticket to A-hole Pats fans. It is the same every year. You show up hoping to enjoy a game and end up so pissed off at the Patsie fans cellabrating in your face that you want to kill someone... When will it end ????

813813[/snapback]

When we start winning and they start losing.

I was at a game in the 3-13 years - the close game against the Panthers (one of the only teams worse then us that year).

I was going mental cheering and yelling.  Most Bills fans were so Blah.

813777[/snapback]

Nick, I think it's cool as hell that you trek over here to watch our team(yeah they suck but they're still our team). Don't take Joesixpack's comments to heart. He's basically what you know over there as an "ugly american". And I agree there is a different kind of fan at the games these days- folks that look like they should be in their living rooms and not at the game - but whatever. The Bills will be back so keep your game tradition going. Too bad you have to buy airfare so far in advance though, as I'd recommend avoiding any NE game in the near future. A game against a bad team would probably be more competitive. And also have more Bills fans in the stadium as there wouldn't be much of a scalpers market for opposing fans to attend our game. NE is the worst because cheap Buffalonians would rather scalp tickets than allow fans of their home team to buy them. Hence the stadium full of Patsies. :P

813813[/snapback]

When the Bills stop allowing season ticket holders to buy "extra" tickets to home games before they go on sale to the public. As soon as that started the amount of enemy fans buying tickets on ebay and stubhub increased tenfold. :P

Jug of freaking coco???? There better have been something in that coco....otherwise it would appear that your karma is the main cause for our loss yesterday! You could have at least lied and said it was a jug of Shine or something...now the cloud is clearly hanging over your head!!! Thanks for nothing!!!!!

Yuck !

813755[/snapback]