If you dont think the front office is the problem.

So, JSP, are you officially no longer a Bills fan?

812911[/snapback]

No, I'm just a Bills fan that no longer cares.

Really. Why should anyone? I'll still watch and go to the games, mainly to hang out with friends, but I'm not going to care while this team continues to fail and fail again. It just ain't worth it, not when the Sabres are FAR better run and much more entertaining.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really. Why should anyone? I'll still watch and go to the games, mainly to hang out with friends, but I'm not going to care while this team continues to fail and fail again. It just ain't worth it, not when the Sabres are FAR better run and much more entertaining.

812921[/snapback]

If you don't care then stop saying stupid sh-- like the Bills should move.

812921[/snapback]

It's even worse when you're a seasons tix owner and wondering why you spend all this money and time to put up with this crap

Alright people, its time that we step back and let the air out of our tires.

The fact of the matter is that i feel the frustration and optimism of the people on this board. The fact of the matter is that the Bills were outmatched from the start today. Anyone who didn't see this coming need to have their head checked.

The problem is not the front office...yet. We have rookies starting, sh-- is going to happen. That's it. If the front office ignores the offensive line next year than we have a real problem in the front office. The plan for this year was to estabish a young defense that would be in place for next year, and then next year put the finishing touches on the defense and offensive line.

Are we a year away? Probably not. It's frustrating as hell and the commentary of Dierdorf and Gumbel is enough to send a sane person away in a straight coat.

Have a little faith and don't over commit to your optimism. Its the easiest way to not be on the verge of snapping.

That's what I'm talking about.

Remember what good football looks like?

812970[/snapback]

Yes, I do, and these Bills are frustrating.

However, wanting your favorite team to move and pretty much no longer exist? Thats just !@#$ing stupid.

Yes, I do, and these Bills are frustrating.

However, wanting your favorite team to move and pretty much no longer exist?  Thats just !@#$ing stupid.

812987[/snapback]

Tell me, BlueFire.. What position ISN'T a hole on this team? You think it's all gonna be fixed in one more offseason? Two? I think it'll take at least FOUR. At which point the old man will prolly have kicked the bucket and the team will have moved anyway...

THEN they'll win the SB.

Would you rather have them move now when they suck, or be like the Nordiques or Oilers fans?

Top eight draft pick? Plenty of cap room? And they can't find one decent offensive lineman?

812918[/snapback]

It's not just a matter of saying, "okay, we're going to build a pro bowl line this year." If it were, then you wouldn't have so many teams with crap lines! You also wouldn't see a GUARD getting paid a BAZILLION dollars by Minnesota. Someone posted a stat a few weeks ago that showed EVERY starting left tackle in the league was under contract next season....all but one, that is. Give ya three guesses which ONE that might be. There are 32 teams in this league and guess what? They ALL want top lines. Yeah, it's really frustrating, but it's not easy to do.

Rebuilding I think is the excuse...  Kind of funny when the rebuilding process has been going on for 12 years.  Minus the 4 Super Bowl years we would like to all forget, there was a rebuilding of 28 years before our "greatness"

Time for an ownership change?

How in the hell do you market a team like this next season?

“Hell, we already rock bottom!  Now come watch us dig!”????

812800[/snapback]

Not true. The bills will sell out at least 5 games next year like every year. At this point, half of it is about the tailgate party.

It's not just a matter of saying, "okay, we're going to build a pro bowl line this year." If it were, then you wouldn't have so many teams with crap lines! You also wouldn't see a GUARD getting paid a BAZILLION dollars by Minnesota. Someone posted a stat a few weeks ago that showed EVERY starting left tackle in the league was under contract next season....all but one, that is. Give ya three guesses which ONE that might be. There are 32 teams in this league and guess what? They ALL want top lines. Yeah, it's really frustrating, but it's not easy to do.

813067[/snapback]

It's also not impossible. The Jets who are in the same boat as the Bills came away with two solid OL prospects in last years draft. Whitner is OK. But i'll take an OL prospect over a safety prospect any day of the week. They wasted a lot of money on Tripplet and Clements. I'm sure that money could helped improve our line.

The Bills need line help. Not just at left tackle. Their center is a joke and the gaurds are pushovers. Peters shows flashes here and there. He is a true "project". Safeties are great. But if you don't have a O-line they are a luxury you can't afford.

813067[/snapback]

AJ, why waste time on these type of whiners...they're just passing gas and never give much historical context, factual evidence or other support to backup their "insights."

OL's are built via the draft, but as with Big Mike and a host of other examples, even then it's a crap shoot and there are no guarantees. Prime example: the Raiders draft where they picked Gallery and Jake Grove, two guys this MB (and most of the NFL) were salivating over. Guess which team ranks dead last in total offense leaguewide? :doh:

It's also not impossible. The Jets who are in the same boat as the Bills came away with two solid OL prospects in last years draft. Whitner is OK. But i'll take an OL prospect over a safety prospect any day of the week. They wasted a lot of money on Tripplet and Clements. I'm sure that money could helped improve our line.

The Bills need line help. Not just at left tackle. Their center is a joke and the gaurds are pushovers. Peters shows flashes here and there. He is a true "project". Safeties are great. But if you don't have a O-line they are a luxury you can't afford.

813093[/snapback]

I don't disagree with that at all....but I don't thnk we should be picking linemen in the draft just for the sake of picking them. Maybe the Jets are happy with the progression of Mangold and DaBrick, but last I kenw they hadn't really shown much. Even if they have improved over the past few weeks, though, I'm all in favor of drafing some quality prospects....but again, there are a lot of other teams trying to do the exact same thing.

And don't forget, Trey Teague is a member of the Jets line :doh:

AJ, why waste time on these type of whiners...they're just passing gas and never give much historical context, factual evidence or other support to backup their "insights." 

OL's are built via the draft, but as with Big Mike and a host of other examples, even then it's a crap shoot and there are no guarantees.  Prime example:  the Raiders draft where they picked Gallery and Jake Grove, two guys this MB (and most of the NFL) were salivating over.  Guess which team ranks dead last in total offense leaguewide?  :doh:

813123[/snapback]

Heres a historical fact for my gas...

It does not take 12 years to build a line and every year we pass up on our cap money to bring in quality players to help that line...

OL's are built via the draft, but as with Big Mike and a host of other examples, even then it's a crap shoot and there are no guarantees.  Prime example:  the Raiders draft where they picked Gallery and Jake Grove, two guys this MB (and most of the NFL) were salivating over.  Guess which team ranks dead last in total offense leaguewide?  :doh:

813123[/snapback]

That's very similar to what a lot of the Jets fans were saying over on their message board a few weeks ago. Granted, Gallery and Grove have had more time than DaBrick and Mangold, but for all we know their situation won't turn out any better! I think that sometimes people just assume our front office is plain stupid....that's completely asinine! If Mike Williams ends up being the next Jonathan Ogden....or hell, even the next Chris Samuels, then chances are we aren't even having these conversations anymore. (And yeah, I know that Big Mike played on the right, but the plan was obviously to move him over at some point.)

Feel like venting about how our line sucks? Sure, I get that....I'm as big a fan as anyone on this damn board and always will be. I get sick to my stomach when we lose just like everyone else. But to think that our front office doesn't know enough about football to know that they need a solid line? I don't buy it....TD had opportunities to grab some skill players and he went for it. Should he have drafted Olineman instead? Well, in retrospect, probably so! But in no way do I believe that TD was ever oblivious to this need, nor do I feel Marv and Jauron are presently.

And I totally agree that it's a crap shoot.....hell, as someone else pointed out a while back, people on here were salivating over a guy like Damien Woody. In retrospect, looks like an ill-advised signing to me! Finding five above average guys who are capable of pushing around some of the biggest, fastest, strongest, MEANEST mofuggers on the planet earth is NOT an easy task.

OL's are built via the draft, but as with Big Mike and a host of other examples, even then it's a crap shoot and there are no guarantees.  Prime example:  the Raiders draft where they picked Gallery and Jake Grove, two guys this MB (and most of the NFL) were salivating over. Guess which team ranks dead last in total offense leaguewide?   :doh:

813123[/snapback]

Guess which team is two spots ahead of the Raiders?

The draft is a "crap shoot"? Wow. There is some "factual evidence or other support" for ya.

I'd rather have Mangold on the O-line than a often injured McCargo. If this team had a GM maybe we could have taken a shot at DaBrick. Gandy and Fowler suck. But at least we have a safety. :doh: