VP Debates

Cheney is hammering Edwards. That said, I doubt enough people are watching this thing for it to make any kind of difference.

The sad thing is that I now believe both of these guys are actually better candidates for their parties than either Bush or Kerry. Granted, its not necessarily because they're all that great themselves (although Cheney is giving a very good accounting of himself and his positions tonight).

Senator Edwards, what would you do for the economy?

Senator Edwards: Let me backup before I answer that. FLIGHTSUIT! HALLIBURTON! FLIGHTSUIT! HALLIBURTON!

This guy actually sways juries?

Ummm AD...He is a lawyer..A master of getting you off the subject and swaying you toward his client...his client in this case is John Kerry...He was hired as a defense attorney not a VP. :w00t:

Brandon...I agree...how about a Cheney/Edwards ticket?

58474[/snapback]

Edwards is doing better than Kerry, but he still stinks. I'd rather see a Cheney/Lieberman ticket, in no particular order. In fact, I've often said that this conservative Republican probably would've voted for Lieberman over Bush had the Dems not kicked him to the curb this spring.

Ummm AD...He is a lawyer..A master of getting you off the subject and swaying you toward his client...his client in this case is John Kerry...He was hired as a defense attorney not a VP.  :w00t:

58482[/snapback]

Then it's no surprise attorneys seem to like very stupid jurors.

Then it's no surprise attorneys seem to like very stupid jurors.

58489[/snapback]

I agree, he's not impressive at all. He couldn't even articulate the "tell me about yourself" question without using the canned "John Kerry believes...." soundbite.

Cheney is clearly winning.....atleast he answers the questions.

58468[/snapback]

from the beginning - a question was asked to cheney about bremer's statements - cheney made no attempt to respond to this question, he went into a rehearsed speech...whatever - cheney and friends made a lot of $$$$ out of this war, more power to them- we just need to congratulate them not criticize...

Cheney is hammering Edwards.  That said,  I doubt enough people are watching this thing for it to make any kind of difference. 

58471[/snapback]

What, doesn't everyone have this one with picture in picture Yankees game?

Cheney is hammering Edwards.  That said,  I doubt enough people are watching this thing for it to make any kind of difference. 

The sad thing is that I now believe both of these guys are actually better candidates for their parties than either Bush or Kerry.  Granted,  its not necessarily because they're all that great themselves (although Cheney is giving a very good accounting of himself and his positions tonight).

58471[/snapback]

That's exactly what everyone said during the 2000 VP debates, that it should be Cheney vs Leiberman for the Pres.

What, doesn't everyone have this one with picture in picture Yankees game?

58513[/snapback]

I will be interested in seeing the ratings for the debate. But come on - the first game in a yankees series? They could be down 3 games to none, losing 8-0 in the ninth inning in game 4...you know they're still gonna end up in the world series....

I will be interested in seeing the ratings for the debate.  But come on - the first game in a yankees series?  They could be down 3 games to none, losing 8-0 in the ninth inning in game 4...you know they're still gonna end up in the world series....

58526[/snapback]

would be a moot point in a 5 game series...

Cheney blistered Edwards for the first hour of this debate. Edwards came back a little toward the end. The domestic piece got into taxes and deficits early on,then Edwards proceeded to promise big program after big program. I think anyone who stuck around for the end probably saw the vast gap between these two Kerry/Edwards positions. Overall, Cheney looked liked a statesman ready to fill the Oval Office, Edwards looked like less than that.

Can Bush carry the torch now. In all honesty, I'm more than a little concerned.

By the way, is there any way to have the moderator for this debate made the permanent moderator? She blew away Lehrer with the questions she chose and the way she handled the candidates.