Random Ramblings

Simon

-Those of you who want to jump off the bandwagon(or ledge), go ahead. If you want to cut everybody who makes a mistake because they're trying too hard, take your perfect unassailable selves and get steppin'. If you want to run Donahoe out of town for gradually building a team that is going to remain competitive for the long run instead of trying to cobble together some flash in the pan so we can win now then sit in cap hell for 3 years, take your MTV attention-spans and Veruca Salt's "I want it now Daddy's" and get the !@#$ on out of here. Go sit in the rear assembly area with all the other pussies cuz we're tired of your whiny horseshlt and my foxhole will be more roomy without your stacks of crying towels. I ain't goin' nowhere 'cuz this team is close.....real close.

-The best thing this staff could do right now isn't to start fining people, start benching guys and start busting up the locker room to make some stupid, needless point. This team doesn't need to play with more emotion, they're playing their asses off as it is. If anything they need to play with LESS emotion and more discipline in the 4th qrtr. You win tight ballgames by playing under control with technique and focus when it counts most. The Bills don't need to get fired up, they need to settle down.

-Kudos to Drew for playing two very solid games this year. He's been good in both the home contests, now Wyche/Clements/Mularkey have to figure out how to get him to remain clear-headed on the road. This weekend would be a good time to get started on that.

-I like Coy Wire's intensity and dedication, but he will never be a good enough athlete to play in an NFL defensive backfield. Prioleau should take his place on the depthchart behind Milloy while COy focuses on ST's. Might also be interesting to see how he looks as a LB in nickel and dime packages.

-I disagree with the recently and oft-stated notion that this team is nothing but a bunch of loser who come up small when it counts. For gawd's sakes, look at the heart of our defense, we've got 3 SuperBowl rings running right up the gut of it. Then turn around and look at the offense; 2 more SuperBowl rings right up the middle of it for the two guys who touch the ball every down. This team with a new staff, and a new offense in a new season is learning how to finish right now, and while I hope they do it soon I'm not bailing on them after 3 games.

-Did I see ASchobel leading the way on TMcGee's return TD? I might have had a 'lil Cpt Morgan's in my eye and didn't see the play so well. Can anybody confirm?

-More kudos for an undeservedly maligned Bills OLine who had yet another good outing for the 3rd gmae in a row. They've only been playing together for barely a month yet they're already light years beyond last year's debacle. I pray the whole thing doesn't go to to pieces with Tucker replacing Teague.

-I've been in Josh Reed's corner since Day 1 but his lack of development is now hurting this team. That falsestart (from a freakin' receiver for gawd's sake!) sealed the deal for me and I think it's now time for Sam Aiken to become the #3 man on this team. Let's give the kid a shot and see what he's got while Josh takes a rest and tries to pull it back together.

-Hey Travis, blow the play on 1st/10 once in a while, huh?

-The next time we have an important 3rd/short and convert with a quick blast/dive play, and some 70yrold astigmatic zebra decides to nullify the first down and call holding on a play that happened quicker than he could blink his crust-laden eyes, I'm going to head into town and puch the first septagenarian I see.

-And the hundred of you jackasses who have your 2,000th unfunny smartass comment ready to make can take it somewhere else. As far as I'm concerned, my threads are now moron-free zones('cept for me) and they will be until we put a few in the left column and you delinquents get tired of making the same stupid remarks over and over again. So if you just want to talk ball, come on in; I'll be bouncing any riff-raff on sight.

Cya

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post! I concur. Our team is playing their asses off and will get better and better. I think TD has done a great job and that our oline is getting unfairly criticized. The Bills will get better game by game.

-I've been in Josh Reed's corner since Day 1 but his lack of development is now hurting this team. That falsestart (from a freakin' receiver for gawd's sake!) sealed the deal for me and I think it's now time for Sam Aiken to become the #3 man on this team. Let's give the kid a shot and see what he's got while Josh takes a rest and tries to pull it back together.

I watched that play several times over. There was a Pats defender who jumped into the neutral zone the EXACT instant Reed flinched. Since both Reed and the Pats defender were watching the center and Reed had a good view of the Pats defender, I'd say the zebras blew that call (gee, what a shock!). However his lack of development IS troubling. He seemed like he was open on the opening drive for a TD, but when I recall the play, Poole got a hand on him and likely would have caused Reed to drop a perfectly thrown pass by Bledsoe, if Reed hadn't dropped it on his own.

Amen Simon!

And yes, I do believe you did see Shobel on the return.

I said the exact thing to a buddy while watching the game regarding Wire. The kid can hustle. He can hit, but he can't play safety. I'm all for trying him out as a nickel (maybe even dime) LB. But while his name hasn't been called as often on ST, I liked what I've seen of him there. IMO, the guy running interference does the hard work to free up a K Thomas or T McGee so they can be the contain guy and make the tackle on a return. Wire's performed admirably there.

I think TD's done fairly well, which of course is something to get me flamed 'round these parts. But I like the mix of players, both from an on-the-field perspective, and from a locker room leadership perspective. If Mularkey starts screwing around with these guys, he'd destroy every positive we've seen to date. MM had them playing hard and playing tough after 2 tough losses. The level of frustration has got to be through the roof, but at the same time, I think that they know how close to being very good they are.

If MM can fine-tune the intensity so that they're just as jacked during the play as they've been, while settling down enough to just "think" and eliminate some of the bonehead plays, we'll go on a nice little run.

BTW - Anyone saying MM is the problem is simply ignorant - instant loss of credibility. I like what he's done, and as long as he doesn't listen too closely to "outside experts," he'll have alot of success in Bflo for a long time...

-Those of you who want to jump off the bandwagon(or ledge), go ahead. If you want to cut everybody who makes a mistake because they're trying too hard, take your perfect unassailable selves and get steppin'. If you want to run Donahoe out of town for gradually building a team that is going to remain competitive for the long run instead of trying to cobble together some flash in the pan so we can win now then sit in cap hell for 3 years, take your MTV attention-spans and Veruca Salt's "I want it now Daddy's" and get the !@#$ on out of here. Go sit in the rear assembly area with all the other pussies cuz we're tired of your whiny horseshlt and my foxhole will be more roomy without your stacks of crying towels. I ain't goin' nowhere 'cuz this team is close.....real close.

-The best thing this staff could do right now isn't to start fining people, start benching guys and start busting up the locker room to make some stupid, needless point. This team doesn't need to play with more emotion, they're playing their asses off as it is. If anything they need to play with LESS emotion and more discipline in the 4th qrtr. You win tight ballgames by playing under control with technique and focus when it counts most. The Bills don't need to get fired up, they need to settle down.

-Kudos to Drew for playing two very solid games this year. He's been good in both the home contests, now Wyche/Clements/Mularkey have to figure out how to get him to remain clear-headed on the road. This weekend would be a good time to get started on that.

-I like Coy Wire's intensity and dedication, but he will never be a good enough athlete to play in an NFL defensive backfield. Prioleau should take his place on the depthchart behind Milloy while COy focuses on ST's. Might also be interesting to see how he looks as a LB in nickel and dime packages.

-I disagree with the recently and oft-stated notion that this team is nothing but a bunch of loser who come up small when it counts. For gawd's sakes, look at the heart of our defense, we've got 3 SuperBowl rings running right up the gut of it. Then turn around and look at the offense; 2 more SuperBowl rings right up the middle of it for the two guys who touch the ball every down. This team with a new staff, and a new offense in a new season is learning how to finish right now, and while I hope they do it soon I'm not bailing on them after 3 games.

-Did I see ASchobel leading the way on TMcGee's return TD? I might have had a 'lil Cpt Morgan's in my eye and didn't see the play so well. Can anybody confirm?

-More kudos for an undeservedly maligned Bills OLine who had yet another good outing for the 3rd gmae in a row. They've only been playing together for barely a month yet they're already light years beyond last year's debacle. I pray the whole thing doesn't go to to pieces with Tucker replacing Teague.

-The next time we have an important 3rd/short and convert with a quick blast/dive play, and some 70yrold astigmatic zebra decides to nullify the first down and call holding on a play that happened quicker than he could blink his crust-laden eyes, I'm going to head into town and puch the first septagenarian I see.

-And the hundred of you jackasses who have your 2,000th unfunny smartass comment ready to make can take it somewhere else. As far as I'm concerned, my threads are now moron-free zones('cept for me) and they will be until we put a few in the left column and you delinquents get tired of making the same stupid remarks over and over again. So if you just want to talk ball, come on in; I'll be bouncing any riff-raff on sight.

Cya

58251[/snapback]

Clearheaded and thoughtful posts like this one are the reasons why the whiners and naysayers are fans and not coaches.

Simon, may I say this...you get it.

Mike

I think TD has done a great job

Although I still lament the Bledsoe trade and the 3rdyear of GW I agree that he has done a fine job. Of course he's made mistakes just like every single GM in the history of hte league has, but I think it would be incredibly stupid to kick an historically succesful GM to the curb after just 3 years. I feel like we're right on the verge of having a very competitive team for a long stretch and allowing childish impatience to blow it all up right now would be inexcusably stupid.

He seemed like he was open on the opening drive for a TD, but when I recall the play, Poole got a hand on him and likely would have caused Reed to drop a perfectly thrown pass by Bledsoe, if Reed hadn't dropped it on his own.

That was about the only bad ball Drew threw all day. He had exactly what he wanted but was just a little too geeked early in the game and overthrew it. If it's on target, it's a score, imo. As for Reed's "drop" Sunday, I actually thought Poole made a nice play and got a hand on it before it got to Josh.

Cya

Cya

58251[/snapback]

Good post. I'm not sure on Reed yet.

Sadly, Gen Y won't get your Veruca Salt analogy but it's a good one.

58300[/snapback]

I always thought Louise Post was hot as hell! I saw a pic of her lately and she is all fat and nasty but in her day she was fine!

If Mularkey starts screwing around with these guys, he'd destroy every positive we've seen to date. MM had them playing hard and playing tough after 2 tough losses. The level of frustration has got to be through the roof, but at the same time, I think that they know how close to being very good they are.

That is the truth Campy. As frustrated as we are at this bizarre opening month, I guarantee you it's 100x worse for everybody in that locker room. I even wonder how much that Jax loss had to do with guys just trying to do too much at once in the next couple games (i.e. offsides on the Vinatieri FG attempt, holding on the two big returns in Oak(sorta)).

I hope Mularkey just stays the course (and I think he will) and like you say, does a little 4thqrtr fine-tuning to get his boys a little more under control.

Cya

P.S. Thanx for the confirm on Schobel. I like having the big boys on ST's (yeah, it may be a marathon, but you damned well better run it like a sprint) and think it's going to pay real dividends, but I'm not looking forward to this board when we eventually lose a starter for a couple weeks because of it :w00t:

Good post.  I'm not sure on Reed yet.

58299[/snapback]

I (like most of us) really hope Josh comes around, but it seems that he's given opportunity after opportunity to make plays, and more often than not, he just doesn't.

I'm pulling for him, but I'm afraid he just doesn't have the intangible "it." If he does, he's running out of time to display it. Catching every ball thrown his way would be a good start.

This team team could easily be 3-0......Sometimes you just get a case of serious bad luck. ... Teague and Jennings were out on the Drew fumble...Not Drew's fault....Nobody touched Brucshi or Seymour. I doubt Farve or Vick coulda got out of that one. Sounds like a broken record but 1 or 2 plays actually go our way ...We're fine. It is just frustrating when the stars are aligned against us.

I'm not sure on Reed yet.

That boy's got my head spinning. You can see something there that has NFL receiver written all over it, but if he can't get focused enough to dispense with the mental lapses he's just never going to make it in this league. I hope he comes around but right now we just can't afford any more of the little mistakes which seem to be a part of his game.

Cya

I (like most of us) really hope Josh comes around, but it seems that he's given opportunity after opportunity to make plays, and more often than not, he just doesn't.

I'm pulling for him, but I'm afraid he just doesn't have the intangible "it."  If he does, he's running out of time to display it.  Catching every ball thrown his way would be a good start.

58316[/snapback]

They'd probably have to throw it his way once in awhile. Did I miss something or did he see one pass this week that was tipped at the last second?

It's got to be really difficult to be a young receiver for the Buffalo Bills over the last 3 years. You know the facts. I have a hard time believing this guy fell so hard so fast.

awww. Come sing a song. I don't know about the rest of them (fans less than 20 years), but I thought we were washed up when Eddie Rutkowski was quarterbacking. We didn't do all that bad. Watched them before and since. Seen ups, seen downs. They are still the Bills. If it weren't for the crap they pull, we wouldn't love them. The true heart attack kids. They, over the last 30 some odd years-either pull it out and scare us? Or lose like crap and scare us. They're the Buffalo Bills. The one team in football you watch consistently for 30 years because you never know what's gonna happen. They could easilly be three and oh. Whatever. Every dog has their day. We had four in four years, it's history. Should have won the first one-never had a chance in the last three, and the first half of the fourth one wasn't bad.

It's Bills football. Run to OJ, run to OJ, run to OJ-punt.

What's changed? We'll be there again. Ying and Yang.

They'd probably have to throw it his way once in awhile.  Did I miss something or did he see one pass this week that was tipped at the last second?

58319[/snapback]

No, you're right on, I guess the image of him looking at his hands as the ball spins on the ground at his feet is a vivid one for me.

IMO, now that Evans seems to be hitting his stride, Reed's opportunities will be fewer and farther in between, but he's going to have to make every grab when his number's called.

awww. Come sing a song...... What's changed? We'll be there again. Ying and Yang.

No problems with a fella that can at least have a little fun with a hard truth.

And at the risk of being called Tommy, there's no "g" in yin :w00t:

Cya

No, you're right on, I guess the image of him looking at his hands as the ball spins on the ground at his feet is a vivid one for me.

IMO, now that Evans seems to be hitting his stride, Reed's opportunities will be fewer and farther in between, but he's going to have to make every grab when his number's called.

58328[/snapback]

With Moulds and Evans soaking up coverage, Reed could be a monster. I can't say for sure if he saw few passes his way because Bledsoe didn't see him, or he didn't get open.

No problems with a fella that can at least have a little fun with a hard truth.

And at the risk of being called Tommy, there's no "g" in yin  :w00t:

Cya

58330[/snapback]

Thank you, DC Tom ;) :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

You know the deal. Wish it were even ten years ago. It's not just the Bills, it's the game. (I hate saying "us" because I've never been on the team, but damn!, typing the Bills, or Buffalo requires more finger dexterity than I can muster...If I just go BB, everyone assumes it's Belichek. What a state.)

C U 2. :D