Who are the real idiots?

LevysEraII

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Criticize all you'd like. I just want to know what an idiot is. Someone that sees things through rose colored glasses and is always wrong or someone that is a realist and sees things for what they really are. Which for the last seven years isn't very good.

809864[/snapback]

I think that anyone who gets this worked up about opinions about a football team is an idiot.

I have gotten upset with some personel moves and some of TDs antics when he was running OBD. I really hate to watch the team perform poorly, but I never get upset about anyone elses opinions about this team. I think some people have no clue sometimes but I respect their right to their clueless opinions.

Grow a set son, then you can enjoy your time here.

I posted this last March. Although the circumstances have changed, there is still criticism of Ralph Wilson. Just a reminder

I do not post here often but have been following this board since Bob Lamb used to post on the Prodigy Board. I believe that would be the mid-90's. Getting on-line included a lot of fax noises and beeps.

The thing I am most amazed about is the animosity toward Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy. Yes, THEY ARE OLD. They are also responsible for a football team being (and staying) in Buffalo, New York (Ralph) and the most successful period in Buffalo Bills history (Marv).

Neither one of them shows any signs of dementia ( that would be old age) in any way except in Ralph's voice. My guess would be that many here who are making fun have voices that break at the sight of a Mel Kiper scouting report, not to mention a pair of 36-C's..

Every year, so many of you want us to sign every 30-some has been that used to be all-pro and have a fit when it does not happen. We are now in full-blown "we are doomed" mode, before the draft and the end of free agency. Will you at least look at the roster going into training camp before declaring defeat?

Last year, this team beat Cincy at home when it meant something and should have easily beat New England and Miami. That was without Spikes. I am not claiming that this team is a playoff team, but how can you give up already??????

Be VERY GLAD that we still have the Buffalo Bills, that is a long shot to begin with. Stop with the Ralph Depends jokes, alzhiemers references and other predictable old guy jokes. They are predictable and stupid.

I am not asking you to put on rose-colored glasses, just asking you to recognize what a ridiculous long-shot it is for Buffalo, New York to have a franchsie in the most successful sport there is and appreciate what happened more than three days ago when we didnt sign the pro-bowler player du jour.

Judging from the content and quality of that post I'm going to venture a guess that your opinion of the Bills has nothing to do with why people might think you're an idiot.

810018[/snapback]

I am laying on a healthy heap of sarcasm in my original post. Maybe my writing doesn't translate as well as it should. That might explain why the "content and quality" of my post is not to your liking.

Or you might consider that you ARE an idiot.

If I criticize the Bills for any number of reasons such as the coaching staff, the players or the management, I am immediately called an idiot. I must be stupid. After all, just look at all the wins the Bills have accumulated over the last seven years. All of the AFC East titles and playoff berths won.

How dare I criticize? We are rebuilding, right? Rebuilding for seven LONG years. Be patient, you ask? Marv & Dick just got started. Give them a chance. Sure, I'll be patient, it's not like a team can win the Super Bowl one year after going 5 & 11 (cough, cough, the St. Louis Rams). No way you can compete a year after sucking. The Rams, Ravens and Saints of 2006-07 are an aberition.

So from now and on, I vow to change. When I see something that appears to be crappy football I'll just think how great a team this is and post crap like we're gonna beat the Pats or Bears. How about JP Losman? His offensive line is to blame for bad screen passes and high passes that leave his receivers out-stretched and vulnerable to a huge hit. How 'bout when the Bills get the ball towards the end of the game with a chance to either tie or win and then inevitably screw it up? I'll just brush it off as a learning experience because you learn so much from losing. Everybody knows that. And when we lose a game to the Bears, it's okay, because they are a great team or when we lose to the Lions because they suck so bad and are so dangerpous because they haven't won yet and that we will have a better chance against New England.

I can always go the popular route and blame the guys all of you intelligent people blame. Like Nate Clements, he really sucks. Ruben Brown, just look at all his penalties, we really gotta get him out of here. Bennie Anderson, he can't be no worse than Tucker, can he? Drew Bledsoe, anybody can to better than Drew.

Let me sum this all up.

Criticize the Bills + The Bills eventually sucking again and missing the playoffs for yet another year = I'm an idiot.

OR

Saying stuff like the Bills are great + losing season after losing season = I'm intelligent.

809802[/snapback]

If I criticize the Bills for any number of reasons such as the coaching staff, the players or the management, I am immediately called an idiot. I must be stupid. After all, just look at all the wins the Bills have accumulated over the last seven years. All of the AFC East titles and playoff berths won.

How dare I criticize? We are rebuilding, right? Rebuilding for seven LONG years. Be patient, you ask? Marv & Dick just got started. Give them a chance. Sure, I'll be patient, it's not like a team can win the Super Bowl one year after going 5 & 11 (cough, cough, the St. Louis Rams). No way you can compete a year after sucking. The Rams, Ravens and Saints of 2006-07 are an aberition.

So from now and on, I vow to change. When I see something that appears to be crappy football I'll just think how great a team this is and post crap like we're gonna beat the Pats or Bears. How about JP Losman? His offensive line is to blame for bad screen passes and high passes that leave his receivers out-stretched and vulnerable to a huge hit. How 'bout when the Bills get the ball towards the end of the game with a chance to either tie or win and then inevitably screw it up? I'll just brush it off as a learning experience because you learn so much from losing. Everybody knows that. And when we lose a game to the Bears, it's okay, because they are a great team or when we lose to the Lions because they suck so bad and are so dangerpous because they haven't won yet and that we will have a better chance against New England.

I can always go the popular route and blame the guys all of you intelligent people blame. Like Nate Clements, he really sucks. Ruben Brown, just look at all his penalties, we really gotta get him out of here. Bennie Anderson, he can't be no worse than Tucker, can he? Drew Bledsoe, anybody can to better than Drew.

Let me sum this all up.

Criticize the Bills + The Bills eventually sucking again and missing the playoffs for yet another year = I'm an idiot.

OR

Saying stuff like the Bills are great + losing season after losing season = I'm intelligent.

809802[/snapback]

Outstanding, couldn't have said it any better. I've been a fan for 40 years and its getting old at one bills drive

Criticize all you'd like. I just want to know what an idiot is. Someone that sees things through rose colored glasses and is always wrong or someone that is a realist and sees things for what they really are. Which for the last seven years isn't very good.

809864[/snapback]

What is it you mean(above)? I'd totally agree if there were a bunch of people saying that we are great...or all is going perfectly, but there isn't. You seem to be saying that just because we have not done too well for the last 7 years that 'realistically' everything will go wrong in the future & that everything is going wrong now. That is NOT realistic. A realistic view of things is usually a balanced view....in this instance....seeing where we are deficient & seeing where we are improving with reason for hope.

Perhaps an idiot is someone who cannot see any merit in opposing views.....or sees that when something is said with a positive(or negative) spin on a specific subject, they are saying "all is great" or "all is crap".

I agree. I'm just frustrated right now. My expectations for this team is low to begin with (I predicted 5 & 11 before the season started), but losing to Detroit is too much to take.

809879[/snapback]

If you were expecting no improvement this year(5 & 11), what are you whinging about? :lol:

The main point that I tried to make that seems to be getting lost is, while I believe it's okay to disagree with others' opinions, it's not okay to insult peoples' level of intelligence.

809890[/snapback]

This may be what you are 'saying' now but.....it was you who started all this by asking just who is an idiot....obviously implying that anyone with a positive view of things(anything) is said idiot.

Since I view that I have many positive outlooks on this team(improvements in JPL & team as a whole, rookies look great, new system + improvements + time = potential good team etc, etc, etc), I take it that you were referring to me.....therefore you were basically calling me an idiot.

You, my friend, are the idiot.

ricojes said it best with.....

"Posting intelligently + backing up your post with facts = a tough post to disagree with!!! "

Your response puts things into perspective with......

"I agree wholeheartedly.

BTW

The facts are this team sucks. "

Edited by Dibs

Last year, this team beat Cincy at home when it meant something and should have easily beat New England and Miami.  That was without Spikes.  I am not claiming that this team is a playoff team, but how can you give up already??????

810347[/snapback]

Thank you for saying that. What on earth is the point of giving up ? To be right ? Is there some sort of prize for being slightly less idiotic ?

Not beating Detroit as a one point favorite on the road isn't akin to getting drunk and shi..ing under the Christmas Tree. It is a tough league. The differences between the teams are not large. How many plays exactly separate 2-4 and 4-2 ?

I will not let past disappointments sour my anticipation of the Bills glorious victory vs. New England. That possibility is more energizing and interesting to me than dancing on (insert current suckmaster)'s grave.