Travis Henry

Mikie2times

Travis left on bad terms. His poor judgment in his personal life led to harsh criticism, and he didn't come out looking great when McGahee transitioned. He was immature, but for most his career he played with all heart for Buffalo. He's blown up the last two weeks for Tennessee, and I just wanted to give him props. Maybe see how others look back on him after some times past.

Travis left on bad terms. His poor judgment in his personal life led to harsh criticism, and he didn't come out looking great when McGahee transitioned. He was immature, but for most his career he played with all heart for Buffalo. He's blown up the last two weeks for Tennessee, and I just wanted to give him props. Maybe see how others look back on him after some times past.

809628[/snapback]

Uh Oh ... this thread may spark all of the McGahee haters.

Uh Oh ... this thread may spark all of the McGahee haters.

809644[/snapback]

I hope not, no need to bash two good players. If it leads to some comparisons I wouldn't mind though. Fumbling aside, they're almost identical statistically in the time they spent here. That might surprise some. Henry clearly had a fumbling issue early in his career. If he works that out, I think the guy who ends up being the most mature player will have the best career.

Ditto! Although I didnt realize he grew up being a Bills fan.

809705[/snapback]

That's right, I'd forgotten about that. There are probably a lot of players in their 20s who grew up liking the Bills due to all the AFC championships. Buffalo used to be a really important NFL city (sadly..."used to be").

I was at his first game (home opener against the Saints) and he was awesome. TH always played with a ton of heart. It's too bad things ended so poorly for him here.

I was gonna post the same thing.  Virginia Bills and Bill in NYC were the biggest Travis haters if I recall correctly.  Give it up for Travis!

809633[/snapback]

I didn't watch the game. I never had a problem with his "running". It was his lack of blocking, catching, and his fumbling, in additon to his general off field stupidity.

Last I checked he'd been suspended this year already for 4 games. To his credit he only has one fumble in three starts, and he still doesn't catch.

So pretty much same old Travis. Thanks, but no thanks. Ask Vince Young how he likes get whacked like he has because Travis doesn't block, at all.

I didn't watch the game.  I never had a problem with his "running".  It was his lack of blocking, catching, and his fumbling, in additon to his general off field stupidity. 

Last I checked he'd been suspended this year already for 4 games.  To his credit he only has one fumble in three starts, and he still doesn't catch. 

So pretty much same old Travis.  Thanks, but no thanks.  Ask Vince Young how he likes get whacked like he has because Travis doesn't block, at all.

809768[/snapback]

:unsure:

It would have been great to have TH and WM as a RB tandem but both are not going to give up being a starter so one of them had to go. TH was good cause he played hard and would fight through injuries, but he had a problem fumbling and was not a guy who would catch a pass or throw a block. WM was the RB that was supposed to go in the top 10 of the draft before getting injured in the Bowl game and he fell into the Bills lap. Obviously they were going to keep the younger RB with more upside if he was fully recovered from injury. Its too bad that TH has too many off field issues that keep affecting his playing time, he could have been a good RB in Tenessee

I hope Travis has his life in order and he can keep up the good work.  He grew up a Bills fan and played his heart out here, that makes him alright in my book.

809648[/snapback]

I didn't Know TH grew up a Bills fan either. In my book I always thought he was pretty good player besides the fumbleing.

I thought Henry was a very good back and we had other more pressing needs when we drafted McGahee. McGahee is a good running back. Henry is a good running back. I figure given Henry's production and selection to the Pro Bowl, and his making a difference in Tennessee (look at his role in most successful drives in Tennessee) he gets the edge so far. NcGahee may prove to be better than Henry in the long run. But then again, Losman may prove to be better than Jim Kelly in the long run. But I kinda f'ing doubt it.

Travis Henry's webpage

809628[/snapback]

What is props short for?