Gov't Dismisses NFL Dirty Bomb Threats

blzrul

As reported on CNN.com, go there and read it yourself.

Now I cna see avoiding ProPlayer field because there's not much football to be played there anyway.

But - last night I sat at Qwest Field (Rolling Stones, awesome show) from 5:45 - 11 pm and counted at least 10 commerical aircraft and innumerable helicopters and other small craft flying directly over the stadium, low enough to read their numbers.

Apparently airspace is only protected over serious targets like those petting zoos in Florida and stuff.

Who cares about old hippies anywarys? :doh: 

I'm probably older than you, but have never see the Stones, although I was at Altamont Race Track last month (it is still open).

809307[/snapback]

I was surprised at the number of kids there, I mean younger kids and teens. I was definitely NOT the oldest person there.

The Stones are worth it, even just once. They put on a spectacular show. The ticket prices are horrendous but you really get your money's worth.

Now I cna see avoiding ProPlayer field because there's not much football to be played there anyway.

But - last night I sat at Qwest Field (Rolling Stones, awesome show) from 5:45 - 11 pm and counted at least 10 commerical aircraft and innumerable helicopters and other small craft flying directly over the stadium, low enough to read their numbers.

Apparently airspace is only protected over serious targets like those petting zoos in Florida and stuff.

809295[/snapback]

So let's see if I have this straight:

They take threats seriously, you accuse them of fear-mongering for the election.

They dismiss them, and you accuse them of being soft on security.

That sound about right?

:doh:

809295[/snapback]

So when did the acid kick in?

:doh:

:devil::doh::lol::)

I don't see how telling officials in every city counts as "dismissing" the threat. They're taking it seriously, they just don't think it's a credible threat.

I can't imagine attacks on NFL cities that wouldn't include Buffalo. There's a huge open border and we already had the Lackawanna Six.

I posted this in the other thread, but I feel that it is also appropriate to post it here.

They didn't mention what type of websites that this was talking about.

I did a quick search for that thread title, and it came back with two websites which were both down: the!@#$society.com and thefriendsociety.com It seems as thought he domain names point to the same thing.

This is a forum which includes threads on the following:

Stretchy vagina debate

PEYOTE

The Media

MLB Playoffs

quicktime download

How do i format my computer

The thread is about the following news story:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/paul-williams091606.htm

Unfortunately, google's cache doesn't seem to have page 2 or 3 of the thread in it. The first page mentions nothing about an attack on the US.

*EDIT*: I finally was able to get through at least partly to the forum.

Posted by a guy named Jayness, with a penis as his avatar, it has this threat. I'm going to avoid repeating the threat here, as I don't think its a good idea.

People were wondering if he was joking and was asking for a source, and he responds with you already know too much.

Seems to me just to be some idiot !@#$ing around on an internet messageboard.

The media is attempting to make this into a threat, when its nothing more then a guy joking around on the internet.

Its a good way to sell a story though, and get people to click on the link.

:doh:  :unsure:  :huh:  :P

I don't see how telling officials in every city counts as "dismissing" the threat.  They're taking it seriously, they just don't think it's a credible threat.

I can't imagine attacks on NFL cities that wouldn't include Buffalo.  There's a huge open border and we already had the Lackawanna Six.

809345[/snapback]

Because of the wide-open border and Lackawana Six. Easy crossing point and relatively large Muslim population Buffalo's too valuable as an infiltration point to risk attacking.

Because of the wide-open border and Lackawana Six.  Easy crossing point and relatively large Muslim population  Buffalo's too valuable as an infiltration point to risk attacking.

809407[/snapback]

Plus there's not that much to attack.

Maybe they could blow up a grain elevator or something. :unsure:

I don't see how telling officials in every city counts as "dismissing" the threat.  They're taking it seriously, they just don't think it's a credible threat.

I can't imagine attacks on NFL cities that wouldn't include Buffalo.  There's a huge open border and we already had the Lackawanna Six.

809345[/snapback]

And taking out Buffalo would be such a crippling blow to America.

:o

Sorry, I like Buffalo but let's not go there. It's unfortunately one of those places that the rest of the country can't get too worked up about, sort of like ... Cleveland.

809295[/snapback]

Another terror threat before an election??? Wonder how this leaked out?

809345[/snapback]

Great plan. It would only work if it happened simultaneously. Kind of hard when you you have four time zones between stadiums. :o

I don't think it was credible because they targeted 4 bad teams out of the seven (Oakland, Houston, Cleveland, and Miami). :P

809681[/snapback]

Not to mention Afghanistan is one of, if not the largest producers of heroin in the world

Hitting Miami and Oakland would just alienate two of their best customers :unsure:

Simply more proof that the war on terror is knocking at our front door. For those stupid idiots who think we can just leave Iraq to the terrorists to plan there next attack over here this should be a wake up call. Bush is right that Iraq is the front line on the war on terror and we have to stay till victory is won. It figures the media is barley giving this story any notice. They want us to lose ion Iraq. Pretty dam pathetic it is