Which is the correct phrase-ology

The Poojer

I think I know the answer to this, but I know I am not as smart of some of the rest of you, so I come to you seeking knowledge...this statement deals with preferring something over the other......

"I would just as soon have a Legend Pilsener than a Budweiser"

----- OR -------

"I would just assume have a Legend Pilsener than a Budweiser"

common man, I gots ta know......

I think I know the answer to this, but I know I am not as smart of some of the rest of you, so I come to you seeking knowledge...this statement deals with preferring something over the other......

----- OR -------

806246[/snapback]

The first one is more correct than the second. I think you could actually use the second, but I won't bet the house on it. Where's grammer officer Tom McMonkeyBungee guy???

----- OR -------

806246[/snapback]

The phrase "just as soon" should be used when the speaker has no preference (i.e. "I would just as soon have a Legend Pilsener as a Budweiser". For a preference, you should use, "I would rather have a Legend Pilsener than a Budweiser."

I think.

ok, i get it, thanks

The phrase "just as soon" should be used when the speaker has no preference (i.e. "I would just as soon have a Legend Pilsener as a Budweiser".  For a preference, you should use, "I would rather have a Legend Pilsener than a Budweiser."

I think.

806266[/snapback]

----- OR -------

806246[/snapback]

How about: "I would rather have a Legend Pilsener than a Budweiser"

----- OR -------

806246[/snapback]

The first one is right.

The funny thing is if that your thread used Capri Sun as one of the choices and put it down in any way, it would have been deleted before you got your answer.

HopsGuy has answered correctly.

However, I'd rather have a glass of Shiraz

806967[/snapback]

Bottled in Australia, natch! <_<

I have gotten so my wine is from Italy, Australia, or South America. The French still make the best Pinot Noir though.