Things i have to say

ch19079

we need a new LT. The #1 priority in the offseason should be to get a great LT.

How come every time we play a game our O line gets dominated? great teams have o-lines that can control the line. why dont we have that? who on the line keeps us from doing that?

how can the LIONS double evans and keep him from getting the ball, but the Bills D cant keep Roy Williams from getting the ball? they only threw to 2 players, Roy williams and the RB Jones. how hard is it to double these players? Our defensive cooridinator needs to get his sh-- together.

Whitner played well.

KO Simpson looked like a rookie. he better learn from this game, cus if he has more games like that he wont be the starter for long.

great to see spikes play, but i think he misses several tackles in the 1st quarter. i expected a little rust so i will live with it just this once.

i remember signing a guy named tripplett. anyone else remember that? i have yet to hear his name called in a game.

Why does JP over throw a RB who is 5 yards away from him? he damn near got McGahee killed a few times.

why is A. Davis still on our roster? when we signed him he looked to be our #2, now hes #5.

Steve Tasker pisses me off. i know they try not to show favorites, but damn. if there is a flag, he just jumps up and says, "this will be on the bills", and it ends up being on the other team. he didnt say what the penalty was, just that it had to be on the bills. he also said before the game that "if the lions play well in the 4th quarter they will win this game". how about next time you do what all the other anouncers do and say they have a "good chance to win this game".... !@#$er.

so McGee cant cover Williams. so McGee and Simpson cant double Williams. Whats the point of having clements as our #1 when hes not on their #1?

yesterday was flat our embarassing.

Steve Tasker pisses me off. i know they try not to show favorites, but damn. if there is a flag, he just jumps up and says, "this will be on the bills", and it ends up being on the other team. he didnt say what the penalty was, just that it had to be on the bills.  he also said before the game that "if the lions play well in the 4th quarter they will win this game". how about next time you do what all the other anouncers do and say they have a "good chance to win this game".... !@#$er.

806146[/snapback]

Tasker does a decent job. Leave your venom for the team, it will be spread thin as it is.

Tasker does a decent job.  Leave your venom for the team, it will be spread thin as it is.

806150[/snapback]

Tasker sucks.

Sorry, but every single member of that team who has ventured into broadcasting has been painful. Indeed, it no longer shocks me that they lost thos Super Bowls.

He's decent.

806164[/snapback]

I have to agree with JSP on this one. There is a reason why he is assigned to cover the Lions vs. the Bills.

Favorite Tasker analysis yesterday "I played special teams, but I practiced at WR a lot, and I know a good WR...blah, blah."

He's decent.

806164[/snapback]

for most of the game i will say that he was decent. he pointed out how davis had bad technique and thats why the pass was incomplete. that was good on his part.

but he still pisses me off because every flag "is agenst the bills", but he doenst say what player or what the flag was about. then it turns out it was on the other team. he does that and i dont know why. i can understand him trying to be neutral, but it comes off like hes a fan of the other team.

for most of the game i will say that he was decent. he pointed out how davis had bad technique and thats why the pass was incomplete. that was good on his part.

but he still pisses me off because every flag "is agenst the bills", but he doenst say what player or what the flag was about. then it turns out it was on the other team. he does that and i dont know why. i can understand him trying to be neutral, but it comes off like hes a fan of the other team.

806186[/snapback]

Maybe..just maybe its because he watches alot of Bills games. Don't you do the same thing? A flag is thrown, and you immediately start thinking.... what are they gonna call on us now? Then if the call goes against the Lions (in this case), you sit back and think "whew". That's pretty much my reaction, at least.

I think Tasker does a decent job, worlds better than a Randy Cross.

Also, the comment "if the Lions play well in the 4th, they'll win the game" He was dead on accurate. What's wrong with stating the truth? The Lions dominated us all day. At that point in the game it was theirs to win or lose. Why fault an announcer for stating it? Why be politically correct and never say a single definititve thing?

Maybe..just maybe its because he watches alot of Bills games.  Don't you do the same thing?  A flag is thrown, and you immediately start thinking.... what are they gonna call on us now?

806216[/snapback]

:lol:

we need a new LT. The #1 priority in the offseason should be to get a great LT.

Agreed... The problem is that great LTs do not grow on trees -- and the draft is such a crapshoot. Still, it would be nice to to see more than one Day 1 pick used on the OL.

How come every time we play a game our O line gets dominated? great teams have o-lines that can control the line. why dont we have that? who on the line keeps us from doing that?

Several reasons... One, we haven't had a real consistent starting unit in years. Everyone knows that these guys take some time to gel. Donahoe, for reasons only known to him, never saw the need to invest heavily in the OL in either the draft or free agency -- and the new regime went DB-crazy in the draft and pretty much ignored that need, especially in the early rounds. Thus, we are stuck with a poor starting line -- and very little in the way of depth behind them.

how can the LIONS double evans and keep him from getting the ball, but the Bills D cant keep Roy Williams from getting the ball? they only threw to 2 players, Roy williams and the RB Jones. how hard is it to double these players? Our defensive cooridinator needs to get his sh-- together.

Well, I will say that there were some adjustments made after halftime, since Roy wasn't nearly as visible in the 3rd and 4th quarters. But your point is well taken. Also remember, that the Lions were able to get plenty of pressure on Losman with just their 4 DL rushing, which allowed them to drop 7 into coverage and double-up on Evans. When Fairchild started using 3 and 4 wideouts, notice how Evans started getting open? Meanwhile, our DL is so pathetic that they can't get after the QB without help from blitzers. I think the success our front four had in Miami sent a horribly inflated signal about how good they were. Miami was THAT bad -- our DL hasn't generated much pressure on opposing QBs, since -- even against Detroit's patch-work unit.

Whitner played well.

KO Simpson looked like a rookie. he better learn from this game, cus if he has more games like that he wont be the starter for long.

I like Whitner too. Simpson did at least come up with the INT -- that could have been the final turning point in the game if the OL had stood up.

A shame that our rookie safties have been outperforming our veteran CBs. For all the times that McGee got beat by Williams yesterday, he was also in the position to make at least 2 interceptions -- and dropped them both. I'm not sure what the deal is. He's a KR, so we know he has decent hands. His confidence is shot now -- and I worry if he'll ever bounce back. Remember Ken Irvin?

great to see spikes play, but i think he misses several tackles in the 1st quarter. i expected a little rust so i will live with it just this once.

I think he saw that the Lions were going to be without 2-3 OL starters and thought this would be a great week to make a comeback. I bet if we review the tape, we'll see that he was guilty of overpursuing on a number of plays. It was not an especially good day by any of our LBs. Crowell missed the tackle on the second play of the game, which probably opened the pass-crazy Martz's eyes to how he could have some success running the ball against us.

i remember signing a guy named tripplett. anyone else remember that? i have yet to hear his name called in a game.

There is a great deal of talk on this board about him being a "bust". Remember that he was essentially a backup in Indy. Sadly Ralph should know that you get what you pay for.

Why does JP over throw a RB who is 5 yards away from him? he damn near got McGahee killed a few times.

I observed the same thing. Although, he did actually make one very good screen pass to McGahee in the 4th quarter that picked up good yardage. The problem with those screens is that they take a long time to develop, which means (given our OL) that JP is usually under duress as he throws it.

why is A. Davis still on our roster? when we signed him he looked to be our #2, now hes #5.

Well, he did force that fumble (that went, like 20 yards in the wrong direction) on the punt return. That was when I knew that we were in trouble as the ball was just not going to bounce our way. As lousy as Tasker was yesterday, he did make a great observation on the Losman/Davis near-miss. Namely, Losman through the perfect pass but it looked overthrown because Davis kept looking back for it rather than just running for it.

Steve Tasker pisses me off. i know they try not to show favorites, but damn. if there is a flag, he just jumps up and says, "this will be on the bills", and it ends up being on the other team. he didnt say what the penalty was, just that it had to be on the bills. he also said before the game that "if the lions play well in the 4th quarter they will win this game". how about next time you do what all the other anouncers do and say they have a "good chance to win this game".... !@#$er.

I know what you are saying, but in a way I know where Tasker is coming from. Not only does he not want to be perceived as a homer, but he is probably trying to help the team with the "jinx". I do that myself as I watch a game... "Oh, here comes Lindell to try to kick this 53 yarder... No way does he make it!" Whenever I see a grpahic come up -- like the Lions only have one sack in their last 4 games -- I worry.

so McGee cant cover Williams. so McGee and Simpson cant double Williams. Whats the point of having clements as our #1 when hes not on their #1?

That's a scheme that needs adjusting. The CBs play on a specific side of the field in Fewell's defense, not against a specific receiver. Thus, the offense is allowed to look for and exploit the mismatch. Yesterday that mismatch was 6-3 Williams against 5-9 McGee. Brady will try the same thing this week... Here's hoping that McGee looks at this as a real opportunity -- and takes one back to the house!

yesterday was flat our embarassing.

Yes, it was -- but remember it came against an NFC foe, which means it's not the end of the world. A win against New England (as unlikely as that may be) will cure a lot of ailments heading into the bye.