Glazer tidbit on Clements

jahnyc

Your posts are getting worse and worse.

Every team in the NFL including the Bills know that Clements is worth more than mcFarland. There is a reason why Tampa is putting him on the trading block. He is injured often and gets very few sacks (ie: no pressure on the qb) ... the Bucs would have to include another player or a draft pick for us to give up Clements. Thus the trade does not make sense for us.

What you dont understand is that Clements has a lot of value in this league and once he is a free agents MULTIPLE teams will be offering him good money for hiss services. Fox pre-game said as much in the pregame saying he will be probably the best Free Agent on the market.

805344[/snapback]

We have to get something out of him.

Do you realize the trading deadline is this Tuesday?

We're just going to let Nate walk? With absolutely nothing in return?

Marv has already stated that we will not franchise him again. Just take what you can get for him.

As you can see, we're not a very "on the brink" team with a 2-4 record, and NE coming in next week off of a bye.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to get something out of him.

Do you realize the trading deadline is this Tuesday?

We're just going to let Nate walk? With absolutely nothing in return?

Marv has already stated that we will not franchise him again. Just take what you can get for him.

As you can see, we're not a very "on the brink" team with a 2-4 record, and NE coming in next week off of a bye.

805351[/snapback]

We have a lot of money and can re-sign him in the off-season

So your suggesting we give up a good CB for an average DT

This is retarded.

We have a lot of money and can re-sign him in the off-season

So your suggesting we give up a good CB for an average DT

This is retarded.

805357[/snapback]

Nate says he wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.

Currently, Champ Bailey is, getting a 7yr/63 million dollar deal.

Nate will want, according to him, around 10 million per year deal.

That's a 2.8M dollar raise over this year, for a CB who has only made the Pro Bowl once in his career, as an alternate. You think Nate deserves this raise?

Not to mention Willis McGahee is going to want a new deal soon, as his contract is up after next year.

Real smart spending.

Nate says he wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.

Currently, Champ Bailey is, getting a 7yr/63 million dollar deal.

Nate will want, according to him, around 10 million per year deal.

That's a 2.8M dollar raise over this year, for a CB who has only made the Pro Bowl once in his career, as an alternate. You think Nate deserves this raise?

Not to mention Willis McGahee is going to want a new deal soon, as his contract is up after next year.

Real smart spending.

805367[/snapback]

Why are you breaking your post into parts like a teenage poet? Nate will take less than 10 ... I bet he will take around 6-8 ... Pro-Bowl is a popularity thing. Nothing more. Moorman deserved to be in for years, McGee ... etc Ruben Brown made it for years and he wasnt as good as some other players.

Why are you breaking your post into parts like a teenage poet? Nate will take less than 10 ... I bet he will take around 6-8 ... Pro-Bowl is a popularity thing. Nothing more. Moorman deserved to be in for years, McGee ... etc Ruben Brown made it for years and he wasnt as good as some other players.

805410[/snapback]

A. Because it's more legible than putting it all together, much easier and quicker to read.

B. If Nate Clements says he wants to be the highest paid corner, then the benchmark is Champ Bailey's deal, which is an average of 9 million per year. I highly doubt Nate has lowered his expectations since then.

Take it. Please! He's not even a top ten corner any longer and we need all the help we can get on the defensive line. I know McFarland is not great but he's not bad either and we need to start rebuilding the lines and it would be a not only a good start but we would get something in return for Clements vs nothing.

For the last time...Nate Clements is not an elite CB in this league, despite what his rating is in your madden video game. When is the last time he made a game changing play? GAME CHANGING? I know...2004 against Tommy Maddox and the 2nd string Pittsburgh Steelers week 17.

Everytime I hear some " expert" ( Adam Schein is the worst) call Nate Clements an elite NFL Cb....it makes me sick. He obviously never watches the Bills . Clements is just a guy. He is a very ATHLETIC player...but his football instincts still leave a lot to be desired. Anytime you want a big play...just put a pump fake/ double move on #22....and the Interception Happy " playmaker" will surely bite...leaving your WR wide open down the sideline.

Clements has struggled now in Jerry Gray's Man cover system....and Dick Jauron's Cover 2 Scheme which is supposed to help CB's.

McFarland?  20 career sacks?  In his seventh season?  Soon to be 29?  He's missed 21 out of 100 regular season games.  Anyone want a guy that plays 1 out of every 5 games?

Someone, anyone, I need help... please explain to me why this slob makes the bills a better team?

Nice math, genius. <_<

Is this better?

Anyone want a guy that "MISSES" 1 out of every 5 games?

So, you still want him genius? What's his salary? Do the math and let me know how that shakes out per tackle.

Take it. Please! He's not even a top ten corner any longer and we need all the help we can get on the defensive line. I know McFarland is not great but he's not bad either and we need to start rebuilding the lines and it would be a not only a good start but we would get something in return for Clements vs nothing.

805589[/snapback]

For the last time...Nate Clements is not an elite CB in this league, despite what his rating is in your madden video game. When is the last time he made a game changing play? GAME CHANGING?  I know...2004 against Tommy Maddox and the 2nd string Pittsburgh Steelers week 17.

Everytime I hear some " expert" ( Adam Schein is the worst) call Nate Clements an elite NFL Cb....it makes me sick. He obviously never watches the Bills . Clements is just a guy. He is a very ATHLETIC player...but his football instincts still leave a lot to be desired. Anytime you want a big play...just put a pump fake/ double move on #22....and the Interception Happy " playmaker" will surely bite...leaving your WR wide open down the sideline.

Clements has struggled now in Jerry Gray's Man cover system....and Dick Jauron's Cover 2 Scheme which is supposed to help CB's.

805603[/snapback]

Well I have made all my points. I cant make you change your mind so im not going to try. Bills fans always think we know so much more than the experts ... etc ... whatever. Every fan goes through this ... they all wear these rose-colored-glasses that can only allow them to see the bad. They can never see the good stuff that the OTHER teams who are going to sign him do. Do you think those other teams are licking their chops and ready to give him the money he wants because they agree with you and he is just average. Well whatever.

Also, for what it's worth....if Clements is in a Bills jersey next week...you can write it down now.....Doug Fn Gabriel will score a TD on him.

805604[/snapback]

Alright. I marked it down as a guarantee from you. We will revisit this thread after next weeks game.

They were just reporting on Sunday Sports Final on Channel 7 that there are some strong negotions going on between the Bills and Buccaneers that would send Nate Clements to Tampa Bay in return for Anthony McFarland.

I have not looked for a link yet, but John Murphy and Vic Carucci just reported it around 12 AM on the Sunday Sports Final.

That would be a good trade for both teams if it happened, I believe. We would get much needed size in the middle and Clements would help TB.

They did say that the contact for Nate could be a hold up as he wants BIG money (that he doesn't deserve), of course, so we will have to see what happens. Trade deadline is Tuesday so it would have to happen soon.

We won't have long to find out, I guess!

They were just reporting on Sunday Sports Final on Channel 7 that there are some strong negotions going on between the Bills and Buccaneers that would send Nate Clements to Tampa Bay in return for Anthony McFarland.

I have not looked for a link yet, but John Murphy and Vic Carucci just reported it around 12 AM on the Sunday Sports Final.

That would be a good trade for both teams if it happened, I believe.  We would get much needed size in the middle and Clements would help TB. 

They did say that the contact for Nate could be a hold up as he wants BIG money (that he doesn't deserve), of course, so we will have to see what happens.  Trade deadline is Tuesday so it would have to happen soon. 

We won't have long to find out, I guess!

805915[/snapback]

I don't know much about mcfarland but he's listed at 6' 300 lbs, where anderson is at 305 and tripplett is at 295. No increase in size. Give me 6'2'' 325 + and then we'll talk.

I don't know much about mcfarland but he's listed at 6' 300 lbs, where anderson is at 305 and tripplett is at 295. No increase in size. Give me 6'2'' 325 + and then we'll talk.

805926[/snapback]

Yeah, I just checked that out. I am not sure if that is accurate. He looks bigger to me than the 305 they are listing him at.

I don't know. Even if this trade does happen, it won't make us THAT much better. Like you, as I said in my 'FURIOUS' post, I want 2 FAT guys in the middle to clog it up. I'll let speed at DE and LB contain the outside. I don't need my DTs to be fast. I don't need them chasing down WRs or anything. Clog the middle of the line and take away the ability to run up the gut and use your speed in other places to stop the outside run. If the Bills did that, their Defense would be much improved right away.

Also, I didn't see the post below on this.......if the Mods want to merge these, it is fine.