ESPN "experts" don't like Bills chance

syhuang

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

7 out of 8 ESPN "experts" pick Lions to get their first win this wee

In a related news, ESPN still insists all Bills draft picks are reaches and Levy is too old to be a GM.

803581[/snapback]

Make that 8 of 9, as Greenberg picked against the Bills too.

On a side note, so far that stupid piece sh-- Schlereth has prediticed that we would be 0-6 since he has not picked us once this year.

Make that 8 of 9, as Greenberg picked against the Bills too.

On a side note, so far that stupid piece sh-- Schlereth has prediticed that we would be 0-6 since he has not picked us once this year.

803587[/snapback]

And the sad thing is, he's been right more often than wrong. Means he is 3-2.

I think all but one of these "experts" will be wrong. Well, I'll be listening extra carefully during Sunday Morning Countdown to hear what their justification could possibly be.

803588[/snapback]

Probably how the Bills were "exposed" as a bad team by Chicago...

Though really...no matter how bad Detriot is, I'm always a little hesitant when the Bills play them in Detroit.

Probably how the Bills were "exposed" as a bad team by Chicago...

Though really...no matter how bad Detriot is, I'm always a little hesitant when the Bills play them in Detroit.

803594[/snapback]

hey hey hey now

they dont have barry or herman moore anymore

:doh:

I think all but one of these "experts" will be wrong. Well, I'll be listening extra carefully during Sunday Morning Countdown to hear what their justification could possibly be.

803588[/snapback]

About the only justification I can think of right now is that some of these winless teams will eventually win a game. Usually around week 6 or 7, I'll start picking a 0-win team....law of averages says they'll win *sometime* and I don't remember the last time the NFL had an 0-16 team.

That said, I'd still pick the Bills this week.

About the only justification I can think of right now is that some of these winless teams will eventually win a game. Usually around week 6 or 7, I'll start picking a 0-win team....law of averages says they'll win *sometime* and I don't remember the last time the NFL had an 0-16 team.

803615[/snapback]

I don't think NFL ever has a 0-16 team. The closest one is Tampa Bay's 0-14 in 1976 (part of their 26-game losing streak).

803615[/snapback]

Andy, not picking on you specifically, but anyone who thinks this way should at least read the wikipedia blurb about the gambler's fallacy

we did get destroyed by the bears last week.

but with all thier injuries on the O-line and others, i dont see detroit winning.

but like always... any given sunday...

803633[/snapback]

and Roy Williams is a MIA and hasn't practiced this week. He also has a neck injury.

http://highlightreel.blogs.mlive.com/default.asp?item=221004

Q: What is up with Roy Williams?

A: He's been taking care of personal issues. They don't know where he is. They've talked to him, and he says he'll play. Until they actually see him, they won't know for sure. He says he will play.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. If the "experts" want to end up with decent records at the end of the season the smart pick is to take the home team when two mediocre/bad teams play one another. You'll be right more often than not.