Fins Columnist Comparing 1-3 Dolphins to 2001 Pats

ajzepp

what, i don't get where the problem is, both of those teams suck..

are they saying that miami is going to start using steroids and paying off refs also? or are they just saying that they expect miami to get a few breaks on the tuck rule (so to win games they should not) when it comes to playoff time?

what, i don't get where the problem is, both of those teams suck..

are they saying that miami is going to start using steroids and paying off refs also? or are they just saying that they expect miami to get a few breaks on the tuck rule (so to win games they should not) when it comes to playoff time?

796531[/snapback]

They are saying that Zach Thomas is going to get that magic potion that Teddy 'God' Bruschi got and the fish is going to roll over everyone on their

way to hoisting the Lombardi trophy....

Wow....this may be the most ridiculous article I've read all year  :D

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-sps...la-sports-front

796184[/snapback]

Look at what just one win will do for ya. :D

However, here's a gem of a column he did recently.

Can't argue with much here.

Giorgio Armani couldn't make these Dolphins look good.

Who's looking worse for wear after four weeks?

Saban, since he's responsible when a team is so disorganized that it starts a quarter with a delay of game penalty.

Second to Saban? His expensive, designer coaching staff.

You won't find as many fancy names at Fashion Week.

Mike Mularkey. Dom Capers. Hudson Houck.

Houck lived up to the hype last season, but now leads an offensive line on pace to surpass the Texans' single-season record of 78 sacks allowed.

The Dolphins now have fallen to the Bills and Texans, the teams that employed Mularkey and Capers as head coaches last season. Houston adjusted to Capers' blitzes, sliding protection and moving receiver Andre Johnson around.

Mularkey? Where do you start?

If you have a shoddy line, probably not with a slow-developing fake reverse.

That was Mularkey's call on the Dolphins' first play from scrimmage, resulting in a 10-yard sack. While many will focus on the bizarre two-point conversion call, other situations merit similar scrutiny. Ronnie Brown carried the ball just five times in the first half.

We heard Mularkey would be running the "Dolphins offense," with that continuity easing the transition from Scott Linehan. Yet Sunday, Chambers, underutilized again, spoke of the differences and conceded that players are still struggling to adjust.

Saban does not permit Mularkey and his other assistants to speak to the media. Instead, the results speak for them.

Ahhhh, life is GOOD!

Well, Culpepper is playing a lot like Bledsoe was at the beginning of that season, so I will give him that... :D

Daunte Culpepper Stat Tracker, post-Moss version (11 games):

220-350, 2493 yards, 8 TDs, 15 INTs, 52 sacks, 319 yards, 73.9 QB rating.

Eight fumbles, too. Averaging five sacks per game, something not even Rob Johnson could do.

Don't forget the 3-8 record, with the only wins over Packers and Saints teams that combined to go 7-25 last year, plus the 0-4 Titans this season. Hasn't won a road game since the end of 2004.

Yeah, he'll turn it around any week now. Nice column, Ethan. :D

796411[/snapback]

Makes a huge difference when you don't have a 6'6" guy with 4.3 speed and a 44 inch vertical to throw the ball to I would say :D I've been telling people that Dante owes half of his contract to Randy Moss for the past 2 years. :D

"The Dolphins now have fallen to the Bills and Texans, the teams that employed Mularkey and Capers as head coaches last season. Houston adjusted to Capers' blitzes, sliding protection and moving receiver Andre Johnson around.

Mularkey? Where do you start?

If you have a shoddy line, probably not with a slow-developing fake reverse."

:D