New South Park Tonight

Chilly

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've have a running disagreement with many of my colleagues at the high school that I teach at that South Park is the smartest show on TV. They have been able to take a show about foul mouthed 10 year olds and morph it into the best show on TV.

I particularly enjoy the lack of sacred cows and that they have no identifiable political leaning. Every time I think I have tem pinned down ideologically, they do something to prove me wrong.

796896[/snapback]

I'd disagree that its the smartest show on TV. The plot lines are pretty generic: They make fun of something, the kids get in trouble, then at the end theres some sort of an epiphany.

Once in a while there is no epiphany, like in the WoW episode, because the whole episode was about people playing too much.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are both WoW players, and decidedly Democratic (Team America anyone?).

i hate to admit it, but it was one of their best episodes. I guess you have to play WoW to really get it, but it was funny as hell.

i dont think i will be able to delete it off my DVR any time soon.  :D

796943[/snapback]

What realm do you play on?

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are both WoW players, and decidedly Democratic (Team America anyone?).

797013[/snapback]

I always thought that movie was far more anti-jackass know-it-all celebrity than it was anti-republican. Anyway, no matter which side they're on, does it really matter? They've shown that they'll take shots at all sides equally.

:devil:

Is that you Mark Foley?

:lol:

797055[/snapback]

rofl, yeah I've always found the term to be somewhat.... whats the appropriate word here... gay? But thats what the community has decided upon.

Basically its a character that doesn't level much past level 19 or 29, spends a buttload to get the best gear possible at those levels, and then kills other players in the low level battlegrounds with ease.

It seemed kinda fun, and I hadn't done it before now.

Now you sound like one of Foley's pages :devil:

But seriously i know what the MMORPG term twink means.  I'm a vet of EQ, EQ2, SWG, and DAOC.

Haven't tried WoW yet tho

797075[/snapback]

Ah.

You played SWG too? My sympathies.

Well, they did it again.

That episode instantly becomes one of my all-time favorites.  The last five minutes with the bedpan/diarhea gag and all the stuff with Stan's dad were great.

795832[/snapback]

Me and my son were having fun grossing out my wife using the Tivo....rewinding and replaying the bedpan scene over and over again.....

Great episode

I'd disagree that its the smartest show on TV.  The plot lines are pretty generic:  They make fun of something, the kids get in trouble, then at the end theres some sort of an epiphany.

Once in a while there is no epiphany, like in the WoW episode, because the whole episode was about people playing too much.

797013[/snapback]

What shows would you say are smarter? The only shows I can think of that are as smart are The Office and The Shield.

797013[/snapback]

Matt Stone has said he "hates conservatives" but "really !@#$ing hates liberals." Those guys are libertarians.

What shows would you say are smarter?  The only shows I can think of that are as smart are The Office and The Shield.

I don't like the whole epiphany thing at the end of most South Park episodes, I find it a bit cheesy. I prefer story-driven writing (like the WoW episode) which doesn't contain that type of stuff. Law & Order style writing.

Matt Stone has said he "hates conservatives" but "really !@#$ing hates liberals."  Those guys are libertarians.

797314[/snapback]

Matt Stone also appeared in Bowling for Columbine, lol.

I know Trey Parker has said before that he's a card-carrying libertarian, but Matt Stone has always come off as an old-school Democrat to me, not one of the people who were labeled a Liberal.

Overall, South Park has a Libertarian-taste thanks to Trey Parker, but I wouldn't be so sure to say that about Matt Stone or other things they produce besides South Park.

I don't like the whole epiphany thing at the end of most South Park episodes, I find it a bit cheesy.  I prefer story-driven writing (like the WoW episode) which doesn't contain that type of stuff.  Law & Order style writing.

Matt Stone also appeared in Bowling for Columbine, lol.

I know Trey Parker has said before that he's a card-carrying libertarian, but Matt Stone has always come off as an old-school Democrat to me, not one of the people who were labeled a Liberal.

Overall, South Park has a Libertarian-taste thanks to Trey Parker, but I wouldn't be so sure to say that about Matt Stone or other things they produce besides South Park.

797338[/snapback]

Wasn't he pissed about how some stuff he said in Columbine was taken out of context?

If anything, those guys have very little loyalty to either side of our 2 sided fence.