Packers cut Ahmad Carrol

nodnarb

My best friend is a Packer backer and he related a story about Ahmad Carroll. In his rookie year, they fitted him with boxing gloves so he would STOP grabbing every reciever he was assigned to cover. He is a man who may need a position change... I'd look at him in OTA's next year as a free safety, because he is lightning fast and is stocky enough to play there, imo! It is worth a shot for some teams out there.... for now though, strictly a dime back in very few packages.

I wouldnt mind picking him up ... he was a 1st round draft pick just a few years ago and I think Clements could teach him some stuff

794918[/snapback]

I agree there might be some talent there, but the guy has been absolutely awful for two seasons now...I know, DB's sometimes take a couple of years to catch on, and we have certainly wasted roster spots on worst projects, but I just haven't seen a lot from him, indicating he will get better...

And he can be whatever he wants to be when he grows up, if he just believes...

I agree that it wouldn't be a bad move for most teams, but not so much for the Bills. He wouldn't even be able to fill in dime sitations here. Unless he was willing to sign to practice sqad (pretty far fetched) he would be a waste of a roster spot for the year.

But I do agree that if any team is willing to give him time and see if he is coachable, it would be a risk worth taking.

Aaaaaargh!!!!!!!

794999[/snapback]

I apologize for bring him up, but that's what I thought of when talk of signing Carol

came up (and JD was once one of the fastest men in the league....but that was it).

The guy they wanted at that pick was JP Losman.

794394[/snapback]

we should have traded up/down with them and gotten some picks! then we could have taken a olineman.

and Kelly Holcomb could stand back there and pick Chicago's defense apart and be leading us to the playoffs!