Packers cut Ahmad Carrol

nodnarb

runs a 4.3, was considered a rising star last year. Had a bad game vs the Eagles, but that entire defense is horrid. Smells like a finger-pointing cut to me. I don't think he'll make it very far down the waiver wire.

Packers | Carroll cut

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:24:52 -0700

The Green Bay Packers announced they have released CB Ahmad Carroll.

He's awful. I've watched a lot of Packer games over the past 2 years and he is always getting burned or involved in a pass interference penalty. I was surprised he was starting last night after watching him get toasted the past 2 seasons.

Batman Carroll back to the bat cave.   I've seen Carroll play quite a bit he gets cut up more then swiss cheese.  He'll catch on somewhere cause of his speed, but he's not a good corner and never will be.

794389[/snapback]

I don't know if he'll never develop into a decent corner but like you I've seen quite a bit of him as well and he gets burned all the damn time. Just seems to be lost on the field. Someone will take a chance on him as a nickle back sooner than later I think. He's got all the physical ability and is very young; he just doesn't seem to know how to play at this level.

I"d say picking him up would be a good move for just about any team. After this he'll come fairly cheap, and if a team is willing to give him some time and coach him, he could be a steal. If not, well, IMO it would be worth a shot. Sign him to a one year deal and if there is no progress, then all that's lost is a bit of time.

He's awful. I've watched a lot of Packer games over the past 2 years and he is always getting burned or involved in a pass interference penalty. I was surprised he was starting last night after watching him get toasted the past 2 seasons.

794390[/snapback]

This has been my observation as well from the ~10 Packer games I've seen the last couple years. I don't think he was ever considered a "rising star".

I've heard of him lets sign.

794441[/snapback]

Actually, in the spirit of the negative nancies of this board who whine when we win, I believe the consensus would be to trade JP to Green Bay for an "conditional pick" THEN pick this CB up off waivers. Somehow we gotta dump JP...right everyone? <_<

I"d say picking him up would be a good move for just about any team.  After this he'll come fairly cheap, and if a team is willing to give him some time and coach him, he could be a steal.  If not, well, IMO it would be worth a shot.  Sign him to a one year deal and if there is no progress, then all that's lost is a bit of time.

794398[/snapback]

Only HE will be doing the stealing when he gets signed by some desperate team.

Only HE will be doing the stealing when he gets signed by some desperate team.

794498[/snapback]

Yes, because since he didn't live up to his 1st round billing on his first team (which has been declining for years), he is obviously worthless and will never be any good for any team at any position on the depth chart.

I don't know if he'll never develop into a decent corner but like you I've seen quite a bit of him as well and he gets burned all the damn time.  Just seems to be lost on the field.  Someone will take a chance on him as a nickle back sooner than later I think.  He's got all the physical ability and is very young; he just doesn't seem to know how to play at this level.

794392[/snapback]

i didn't know this. i don't follow the packers. if he sucks, it makes sense. but what a blunder - 1st round corners should pan out.

Last night's game was a microcosm of his career....just about every big passing play in the 2nd half for the Eagles was against him. He just can't cover--his straight line speed might be good but his turn and read/recognition are awful.

Actually, in the spirit of the negative nancies of this board who whine when we win, I believe the consensus would be to trade JP to Green Bay for an "conditional pick" THEN pick this CB up off waivers.  Somehow we gotta dump JP...right everyone? <_<

794485[/snapback]

I am a long time lossman critic. I'd gladly eat crow if the bills go on and have a winning season, but the year is far from over.

JP has made progress, and hopefully will turn out as ole whitey thought. I'd hate to use another high pick on a qb when we have many needs to address.

All i'm saying is it ain't over yet.

LOL.

The general managing genius of one Mike Sherman, I believe.  Or maybe that was a Ted Thompson move.

794385[/snapback]

That was Sherman's last draft as GM. And Carroll joins fellow first-day picks Joey Thomas, Donnell Washington, and B.J. Sander (the punter Sherman traded up into the third round to get) on the unemployment line.

That was Sherman's last draft as GM. And Carroll joins fellow first-day picks Joey Thomas, Donnell Washington, and B.J. Sander (the punter Sherman traded up into the third round to get) on the unemployment line.

794574[/snapback]

You know, a lot of people wanted Sherman to be the new head coach of the...

Oh forget it.

<_<

You know, a lot of people wanted Sherman to be the new head coach of the...

Oh forget it.

<_<

794577[/snapback]

Coach, maybe. GM, abso-friggin-lutely not. Remember when we asked the Packers fans to comment on Sherman? They may have disagreed about his coaching ability, but were fairly unanimous in bashing his craptastic player-personnel record...

794574[/snapback]

I'm sorry...I like the Packers, I really do, but... :lol::lol::lol: Trade up to take a punter in the third round, who doesn't even last two years. <_<

I'm sorry...I like the Packers, I really do, but...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Trade up to take a punter in the third round, who doesn't even last two years.  <_<

794604[/snapback]

Further proof of why you shouldn't use VABill's scouting reports :D