(OT) If the Bisons are ever added as a MLB

would they be your favorite? I would route for them but the Yankees will always be my favorite team. 35 years of being a fan would be hard to turn your back on.

57168[/snapback]

I'm a diehard Yanks fan as well and they'll always be my team. However, the Bisons will never become an MLB team b/c Bob Rich is a cheap owner. He lied to the WNY area twice in regards to getting a big league team. He made everyone believe he was in the race when in reality he had no intentions whatsoever of having an MLB team in Buffalo.

I'm a diehard Yanks fan as well and they'll always be my team. However, the Bisons will never become an MLB team b/c Bob Rich is a cheap owner. He lied to the WNY area twice in regards to getting a big league team.  He made everyone believe he was in the race when in reality he had no intentions whatsoever of having an MLB team in Buffalo.

57177[/snapback]

Really? Why is that? Seems like a MLB team in WNY would be awesome. Especially if the Bisons could be competitive. I know they kick ass in their league and the majors would be different but with the support for Bills football you would think an owner would want an opportunity like that.

Isn't Buffalo smaller than Pittsburgh? Would you really want to have a team with a financial picture similar to Pittsburgh or Milwaukee? Why bother? Baseball is all about the big market, and Buffalo isn't a big market. They'd never be competitive.

Never gonna happen.

Buffalo would of course be my favorite. Right now, I dont follow baseball nor basketball, and i say "the suck" or "they're boring"... truth is, I only feel that way because in my lifetime, I havnt had a team to root for.

I still think basketball blows, but I bet if b-lo got a team, I'd root for em.

Good hypothetical question. I really don't know. I'm a diehard Phillies fan (The Season did this year's Phillies last night - heart wrenching). I thought that once Mike Schmidt retired, I'd follow some other team, but that didn't happen. I figure I'll always be a Phillies fan, but Buffalo getting MLB would make it quite a dilemma for me.

That said, I don't think it would be possible in today's baseball economics. There's no real room for expansion. The Bisons will always be AAA. Maybe that ain't so bad.

The Bisons will always be AAA.  Maybe that ain't so bad.

57350[/snapback]

Not so bad at all. Being able to take your family to the game without having to take out a second mortage isnt too bad.

And you do still get to see some pretty damn good ball.

Its not MLB, but maybe that's how it should stay.

Isn't Buffalo smaller than Pittsburgh?  Would you really want to have a team with a financial picture similar to Pittsburgh or Milwaukee?  Why bother?  Baseball is all about the big market, and Buffalo isn't a big market.  They'd never be competitive.

Never gonna happen.

57309[/snapback]

True. Minnesota and Florida are NEVER competitive :devil::P:doh::huh:

The stadium was built to accomodate an upper deck if Buffalo ever got a MLB team. I would root for them, since baseball to me is like basketball. After the Braves left I lost interest in the NBA. I need to have a local team to invest my time and emotions in.

I think Rich was serious for a time.....but then one day he, and Buster Bison took a trek down the I-90 to Cleveland. Rich started waving a blank check around to the press outside the owners meetings, with Buster looking on admirably.

When MLB told Rich how much a team would cost.......that's when he ripped up the blank check.