Dow hits record high

Story

It's incredible the Dow would be so high what with our "terrible" economy.  :P  :P

794284[/snapback]

Republican conspiracy. Notice, this is right around mid-term election time. Coincidence?

Those evil Republicans will stop at nothing to retain power.

Republican conspiracy. Notice, this is right around mid-term election time. Coincidence?

794298[/snapback]

You know, the shooter in Amish country wanted to molest young girls, too. That seems awfully coincidental, coming on top of the Foley story, coming so soon before elections.

He was probably a Democratic operative... :P:P:lol:

You know, the shooter in Amish country wanted to molest young girls, too.  That seems awfully coincidental, coming on top of the Foley story, coming so soon before elections.

He was probably a Democratic operative...  :P  :P  :lol:

794306[/snapback]

Double whammy on that one. Not only to you have the molestation thingy, but you also have the gun control thingy. Brilliant!!

794298[/snapback]

Its that biased media again. Seeing as how The Wall Street Journal compiles the Dow Jones industrial average, they are inflating the numbers and releasing this at a time when it would do nothing but take people's attention away from the Foley incident in order to help the Republicans.

Hrm, its kinda fun coming up with this media conspiracy crap (See: NYT) that lots of people here like to do.

Its that biased media again.  Seeing as how The Wall Street Journal compiles the Dow Jones industrial average, they are inflating the numbers and releasing this at a time when it would do nothing but take people's attention away from the Foley incident in order to help the Republicans.

Hrm, its kinda fun coming up with this media conspiracy crap (See: NYT) that lots of people here like to do.

794323[/snapback]

You are having trouble following along, aren't you? The Foley incident is to distract people from Iraq. The Dems have done nothing but focus on Iraq. Tossing Foley under the bus takes the focus off of Iraq and the Dems leaking of the NIE report just weeks before the election. The Dems have nothing else up their sleeve but Iraq, so this is the perfect diversion from that. Brilliant!!

Honestly, I do not see how Karl Rove has the time to plan these things, with controlling the weather and all. I guess that is why the link in the other thread is showing a decrease in hurricanes this year. Rove just does not have the time to do everything and he is spending less time steering hurricanes towards black people.

You are having trouble following along, aren't you? The Foley incident is to distract people from Iraq. The Dems have done nothing but focus on Iraq. Tossing Foley under the bus takes the focus off of Iraq and the Dems leaking of the NIE report just weeks before the election. The Dems have nothing else up their sleeve but Iraq, so this is the perfect diversion from that. Brilliant!!

Honestly, I do not see how Karl Rove has the time to plan these things, with controlling the weather and all. I guess that is why the link in the other thread is showing a decrease in hurricanes this year. Rove just does not have the time to do everything and he is spending less time steering hurricanes towards black people.

794333[/snapback]

I heard that Jack Abramoff offered to help Karl, and thats how he gets all these things done.

:P

You know, the shooter in Amish country wanted to molest young girls, too.  That seems awfully coincidental, coming on top of the Foley story, coming so soon before elections.

He was probably a Democratic operative...  :P  :P  :lol:

794306[/snapback]

The guys last name was Roberts, any relation? I heard he had a bat in his Milk Truck. Not sure if it was signed though........

Terrible, just terrible.......

794298[/snapback]

It probably goes without saying, but all the gains made by the Dow simply indicate that more money is going to evil rich people, who are, of course, evil Republicans.

It probably goes without saying, but all the gains made by the Dow simply indicate that more money is going to evil rich people, who are, of course, evil Republicans.

794486[/snapback]

Evil, I tell you...evil.

Double whammy on that one. Not only to you have the molestation thingy, but you also have the gun control thingy. Brilliant!!

794317[/snapback]

Not to mention the gunman attacked the Amish.

What do the Amish do? Raise cows

What do cows do? fart

What are farts made of? methane

What does methane cause? global warming

What does global warming do? cause hurricanes

Been a weak hurricane season

Those crafty Repukelicans!

<_<

This is fantastic news!  The Dow has grown 0% since the previous high in 2000--under Clinton!!!!  :rolleyes:

794903[/snapback]

Honestly, I can't believe it took 11 replies before we got the first mindless anti-Bush Hotpockets post.

Not that Bush or Clinton (or any President) really controls the economy but the country was heading into a recession during Clinton's final year and the economy was upset by some sort of terrorist thingy in 2001.

Honestly, I can't believe it took 11 replies before we got the first mindless anti-Bush Hotpockets post.

Not that Bush or Clinton (or any President) really controls the economy but the country was heading into a recession during Clinton's final year and the economy was upset by some sort of terrorist thingy in 2001.

794950[/snapback]

Did you expect ANY less?

794950[/snapback]

Nominally, they don't. But when they have a major investment bank in their pocket, which controls the global commodities prices, that when you tie it with major private equity funds with direct links to Saudi Arabian money, the circle is complete.

Vive Le Bush Financial Dynasty

794950[/snapback]

You're celebrating the fact that the DOW's at a new high. I pointed out that it took 6 years to do that. I am happy that it finally did, especially for my pension. I am unhappy though that it took so long to get back to this point. You inferred I blame Bush. However, I've never disagreed with the fact that presidents have very little control over the economy.

Sorry I pushed the Clinton button... :rolleyes:

Not that I'm too cynical, but doesn't a new record mean the Dow is up about

.1% since 2000.

795201[/snapback]

Yup. So if you were dumb enough to not invest any new money in the past six years when it was down, you are right back where you started.