Hockey is BACK!!! Caniacs are in mid-season form

smokinandjokin

I heard yesterday that Carolina had not yet sold out their opening night game against the Sabres (tomorrow night.) I went to the Canes' website today, and it said the game was sold out, but when you click on the link to buy tickets, the Ticketmaster website still has them available. I guess I understand- it's not like anything important will happen at the game...like, say....raising a championship banner....

I would love to hear the Buffalo contingent getting a "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo" chant going during the banner ceremony. CLASSIC...

Anyways, it feels like just yesterday the Sabres offense and the Rochester Americans defense took the Canes to the limit. The Sabres will be ready to play, and I expect them to come out flying. I actually like the schedule. I like the fact that Buffalo will be walking into the arena where their season ended, and watch the Hurricanes raise the banner. It will be an immediate reminder of what they're playing for, and how close they came last year.

I look for a 5-2 Sabres beatdown.

Sabres finalized roster. Novotny and Paille earned the last two forward spots; Thorburn was released and has to clear waivers before he can be sent down to Rochester. Hard to believe that was Pominville in that situation last year, exposed to the entire league.

I heard yesterday that Carolina had not yet sold out their opening night game against the Sabres (tomorrow night.)  I went to the Canes' website today, and it said the game was sold out, but when you click on the link to buy tickets, the Ticketmaster website still has them available.  I guess I understand- it's not like anything important will happen at the game...like, say....raising a championship banner....

I would love to hear the Buffalo contingent getting a "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo" chant going during the banner ceremony.  CLASSIC...

Anyways, it feels like just yesterday the Sabres offense and the Rochester Americans defense took the Canes to the limit.  The Sabres will be ready to play, and I expect them to come out flying.  I actually like the schedule.  I like the fact that Buffalo will be walking into the arena where their season ended, and watch the Hurricanes raise the banner.  It will be an immediate reminder of what they're playing for, and how close they came last year.

I look for a 5-2 Sabres beatdown.

Sabres finalized roster.  Novotny and Paille earned the last two forward spots; Thorburn was released and has to clear waivers before he can be sent down to Rochester.  Hard to believe that was Pominville in that situation last year, exposed to the entire league.

793762[/snapback]

I am so glad that the Stanley Cup resides in Carolina. You know, because after decades of heartbreak, suffering and waiting they deserve it and all.

I am so glad that the Stanley Cup resides in Carolina.  You know, because after decades of heartbreak, suffering and waiting they deserve it and all.

793784[/snapback]

Even tho carolina won it, we should have petitioned the league to engrave "Hartford Whalers" on the cup. At least those people would have appreciated it. Not like carolina..."hey look theres the stanley...DING! hot pockets done!"

..."hey look theres the stanley...DING! hot pockets done!"

793791[/snapback]

little bit of a stretch for an already over-used phrase on the board...as far as the Whalercanes go...F them..they will see what a Sabres team..rolling 6 healthy D looks like...get ready to eat some rubber Cam...Sabres 4 NasCanes 2...Vanek...Drury...Spacek...Goose

Perhaps in the thread title I should've put "Caniacs are in post-season form" since you could buy 8 tickets in a row on the afternoon of game 7 last summer.

I am EXTREMELY EXCITED to watch the Gaustad-Mair-whoever line. Depending on the game, probably Paille or Peters with Goose and Mair. 40 seconds of hell with those dudes out there...

I heard yesterday that Carolina had not yet sold out their opening night game against the Sabres (tomorrow night.)

Thats because they know they'll be playing a complete and healthy team.

Where did you hear that from?  I tried to get tickets a while back at the RBC Center and they said it was sold out.  :devil:  So I got tix to a game later this year.

793848[/snapback]

I heard it on WGR. I went to the Canes website and it said the game said sold out, but then I clicked on the link to buy tickets, and the Ticketmaster website popped up. They had at least two available...That's as far as I explored it...

:devil: When the NHL gets the cup back there will probably be a #3 spray painted on the side of it. Home opener, hanging the champions banner and they're sold out... What a joke.

Banner ceremony?  Are they retiring Earnhardt's number or something?

793805[/snapback]

The game was sold out a long time ago. A small amount of tickets (including SRO) which the league/club were holding/reserving are now being made available to the general public. This happens all the time in all cities/venues.

The game was sold out a long time ago.  A small amount of tickets (including SRO) which the league/club were holding/reserving are now being made available to the general public.  This happens all the time in all cities/venues.

793939[/snapback]

Are we POSITIVE that NC State doesn't need their gym for hoops practice tomorrow night?

As much as I despise Caniacs, I have to admit that this game was indeed sold out long ago. They will be out in full force for this game, however I'd expect sparser crowds in the coming weeks. No matter what you hear, the Canes will never be bigger than NASCAR, college football or college b-ball in these parts. I had tickets to the game tomorrow night but had to give them up since I was in a pretty bad car accident a few weeks ago and I'm still recovering. I'll be there the next time the Sabres come to town though.

As much as I despise Caniacs, I have to admit that this game was indeed sold out long ago.  They will be out in full force for this game, however I'd expect sparser crowds in the coming weeks. No matter what you hear, the Canes will never be bigger than NASCAR, college football or college b-ball in these parts.  I had tickets to the game tomorrow night but had to give them up since I was in a pretty bad car accident a few weeks ago and I'm still recovering.  I'll be there the next time the Sabres come to town though.

794239[/snapback]

Why were they announcing a sell-out when I could by 20 rinkside this morning in

103 and 105?

They probably didn't want Buffalo fans at the banner raising! <_<

Either way, good luck recovering.

Why were they announcing a sell-out when I could by 20 rinkside this morning in

103 and 105?

I was skeptical a few weeks back when they announced they were sold out and went on ticketmaster myself and couldn't find any available. If you could get some this morning I suspect it was a returned ticket scenario. Honestly I don't know what to believe anymore with the Canes ticket office. Those guys and gals should get into politics with their misinformation campaign skills.

Either way, good luck recovering.

794438[/snapback]

Thanks. I just feel lucky to still be around.

• 6 months later...
Vanek..40 goals..All Star...Conn Smythe.....heard it here first...

Goddam tater I hope you're right about this.

40 goals? Check

All Star? I suppose we can say Check- he played in the Young Stars game

Conn Smythe- Well that would more than likely mean good things for the Sabres...