I've seeen every Chicago game............

ChicagoRic

Bears will be taking Bills team for granted. This is a revenge game for Jauron. Bills set up some deep balls this week by running 10 yard routes all day so next week the big one will get popped early. If Whitner or Clements can get a pick early this could be a game. If Bills get down like Seahawks change the channel and watch next week when Bills get to play sorry Lions team on the road. JP looks damn good he could be due for a coming out game.

793422[/snapback]

And don't you think the same could be said for the Bears players on the field?? Revenge on their former coach to tell them hey we didn't need you then, and we don't need you now because ya know what we like winning!!!

I don't think the Bears are going to underestimate ANY team in the NFL after what Carolina did to us in the playoffs last year!! Especially our Defense that was embarassing to watch and they are out to prove something every week they play!

Jauron is in trouble and I think more than a few of his former players are ready to show them what Lovie has taught them in his absence!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Da Bears O-line have been giving Grossman plenty of protection and time to make the play. But da Bears O-line is getting a little old. If you could overload one side and get into the backfield with Grossman you might have a chance. Although he has looked pretty good under pressure, sometimes he just dumps the ball to avoid the sack too quickly or else he tends to run away from scrimmage resulting in a bigger loss on the sack.

Rex seems to be getting over his tendency to throw a pick under that kind of pressure, but he did allow Minnesota to score on a pick while he tried to avoid a sack for a Safety.

That's the only weak point in the Bears passing game right now. The WRs are getting good separation or else the TEs are wide open. The running game has been subpar, but we mounted such a lead against Seattle that we were able to tinker with it during the game. So that may change as well...

Don't count on beating the Bears D. They don't lay down too often...

And don't you think the same could be said for the Bears players on the field??  Revenge on their former coach to tell them hey we didn't need you then, and we don't need you now because ya know what we like winning!!!

793426[/snapback]

Revenge on a coach whom not a former player has been recorded bad-mouthing.

If that's all they have for motivation, they will lose.

The Bears have already been crowned by the media that they are the best team in the NFL and it's only Monday. This is a great spot to play the Bears because the Bills could easily be catching them at a point when they're feeling oh so great about themselves and see this game as an easy win. It happens all the time. The Bills do have the weapons to score quickly which they'll need to do early in the game. It's a tall tall order but I could see it happen from what I've seen from them in the first four games. Plus, the Bills will have the ultimate motivation of being given the opportunity of taking down the current NFL "King of the Mountain". Could you imagine the tremors that would be set off throughout the league if they pulled it off?

Now having said all that, I do expect a Bills loss here but I also won't be knocked out suprised if there was an upset either. I'm just expecting that this won't be a Bills team ready to get pushed around like they would have been last season.

Dick Jauron looks like Count Chocula AND used to coach in Chicago. Whats that spell?

VICTORY.

Just remember where you heard it.

792416[/snapback]

dingo, your brand of humor is probably lost on many. I find it hilarious. seriously. keep it up.

The Bears have already been crowned by the media that they are the best team in the NFL and it's only Monday. This is a great spot to play the Bears because the Bills could easily be catching them at a point when they're feeling oh so great about themselves and see this game as an easy win. It happens all the time. The Bills do have the weapons to score quickly which they'll need to do early in the game. It's a tall tall order but I could see it happen from what I've seen from them in the first four games. Plus, the Bills will have the ultimate motivation of being given the opportunity of taking down the current NFL "King of the Mountain". Could you imagine the tremors that would be set off throughout the league if they pulled it off?

Now having said all that, I do expect a Bills loss here but I also won't be knocked out suprised if there was an upset either. I'm just expecting that this won't be a Bills team ready to get pushed around like they would have been last season.

793473[/snapback]

Don't expect da Bears to be looking past Sunday's game or taking it easy in a "sure win" against Buffalo. Green Bay and Detroit were "gimmie" games. Chicago didn't just take the "gimmie," they pounded the Packers and Lions as hard as they could. I think that they did start to look past Minnesota a little at the Seattle game, but the Vikings reminded them that was a bad idea. They haven't had time to forget that.

Da Bears see a chance this week to go 5-0. They haven't done that since 1986 when the reigning Superbowl Champs went 6-0 before losing to the Vikings in week 7. Da Bears are serious about a Superbowl run this year, and so are being compared to the '85 Superbowl winners. They want to prove themselves BETTER than that squad, so they are approaching EVERY game like a playoff game. Be prepared...

Don't expect da Bears to be looking past Sunday's game or taking it easy in a "sure win" against Buffalo.  Green Bay and Detroit were "gimmie" games.  Chicago didn't just take the "gimmie," they pounded the Packers and Lions as hard as they could.  I think that they did start to look past Minnesota a little at the Seattle game, but the Vikings reminded them that was a bad idea.  They haven't had time to forget that.

Da Bears see a chance this week to go 5-0.  They haven't done that since 1986 when the reigning Superbowl Champs went 6-0 before losing to the Vikings in week 7.  Da Bears are serious about a Superbowl run this year, and so are being compared to the '85 Superbowl winners.  They want to prove themselves BETTER than that squad, so they are approaching EVERY game like a playoff game.  Be prepared...

793677[/snapback]

Hate to break it to you...the Bills are MUCH better than Detroit or GB. Better coached, more talented and MUCH faster. While the Bears MIGHT win this game, it won't be by a margin like they had in those games.

Don't expect da Bears to be looking past Sunday's game or taking it easy in a "sure win" against Buffalo.  Green Bay and Detroit were "gimmie" games.  Chicago didn't just take the "gimmie," they pounded the Packers and Lions as hard as they could.  I think that they did start to look past Minnesota a little at the Seattle game, but the Vikings reminded them that was a bad idea.  They haven't had time to forget that.

Da Bears see a chance this week to go 5-0.  They haven't done that since 1986 when the reigning Superbowl Champs went 6-0 before losing to the Vikings in week 7.  Da Bears are serious about a Superbowl run this year, and so are being compared to the '85 Superbowl winners.  They want to prove themselves BETTER than that squad, so they are approaching EVERY game like a playoff game.  Be prepared...

793677[/snapback]

Question.....how bad ARE the Lions? I thought they had a decent draft, and their new defensive coordinator, Donnie Henderson, is a very good coach. I expected a better showing from the Lions.

What else is wrong with them, besides Kitna?

793677[/snapback]

Thinking about being 5 - 0 instead of the Bills; that's exactly the attitude the Bills are looking for to spring a serious surprise.

793677[/snapback]

"...and so are being compared to the '85 Superbowl winners"

See what I mean? Da Bears fans all already drinking way too much coolaid if they're comparing this Bear team to the '85 Bears. You guys got off to a great start by having a really good team AND playing some really bad teams and also catching a Seahawk team that was deflated without their MVP runningback. You guys do deserve to be seen as one of the top two or three teams in the league. But don't get too carried away as you seem to be getting. In todays NFL even the best teams have holes and aren't as great or unbeatable as everyone makes them out to be. Your team seems to be weak in the running game and at 3rd down conversions. Also, lets not forget the fact that your QB has as much experiance as JP Losman. The Bears ARE beatable.

With all that said, I do think the Bears will win this game because without doubt they are better than the Bills. But it's very plausible that your team will take the Bills lightly and leave the door open for an upset. The Bills do have weapons that can do some damage. BTW, you and the rest of the Bears fans are going overboard with your comparisons to the '85 Bears team.

Hey, thanks for stopping by here. Seriously. It's always interesting getting other fans perspective on the game. Good luck on Sunday.

"...and so are being compared to the '85 Superbowl winners"

See what I mean? Da Bears fans all already drinking way too much coolaid if they're comparing this Bear team to the '85 Bears. You guys got off to a great start by having a really good team AND playing some really bad teams and also catching a Seahawk team that was deflated without their MVP runningback. You guys do deserve to be seen as one of the top two or three teams in the league. But don't get too carried away as you seem to be getting. In todays NFL even the best teams have holes and aren't as great or unbeatable as everyone makes them out to be. Your team seems to be weak in the running game and at 3rd down conversions. Also, lets not forget the fact that your QB has as much experiance as JP Losman. The Bears ARE beatable.

With all that said, I do think the Bears will win this game because without doubt they are better than the Bills. But it's very plausible that your team will take the Bills lightly and leave the door open for an upset. The Bills do have weapons that can do some damage. BTW, you and the rest of the Bears fans are going overboard with your comparisons to the '85 Bears team.

Hey, thanks for stopping by here. Seriously. It's always interesting getting other fans perspective on the game. Good luck on Sunday.

793689[/snapback]

Da Bears started out playing two really bad teams, Green Bay and Detroit. And we did exactly what a good team is expected to do against a bad team. We stomped 'em flat.

The Vikings are legitimate up-and-comers. They were tied with us @ 3-0 for the lead in the NFC North and had HFA in the Metrodome (where the 12th man really makes a difference). It was a bitter fight against a division rival for the #1 spot in the NFC North.

The Seahawks are much more than just Shaun Alexander. Otherwise they wouldn't have run up 42 points against the Giants the week before we played them. They still have their QB, a healthy WR corps and other capable running backs, why couldn't they score more than a pair of FGs against us? Besides, Alexander doesn't play Defense - so how come we could score 37 points on the defending NFC Champs?

I expect Sunday's game to be similar to the Vikings game, close and hard-fought on both sides of the ball. Buffalo seems to be just as legit an up-and-coming team as Minnesota. But ulitmately I expect that just as the Vikings haven't had enough time to gel as a team under a new Head Coach with a new playbook, the Bills will fall just a little short against the Bears greater team cohesion and ability to play all parts of the Coach's gameplan well.

But da Bears do have real weak spots. Some would argue that although he's a 4th year vet, Grossman is really still a rookie because he's only played a handful of games. So he can be pressured to do rookie mistakes. The Vikings managed to force him (while trying to avoid an End Zone sack for a Safety) to toss a pick that they ran back for a TD. Rex doesn't scramble well, he tends to back up more and end up losing even more yards when he does get sacked. But he has a quick-release and is getting better with his reads. He unloads to the TE in the middle now instead of forcing a long one into coverage. So he's hard to get to quickly enough...

On Defense, da Bears have trouble against POWERFUL running backs like Jerome Bettis or Mike Alstott. Those guys managed to dump Urlacher on his ass all day long last season. Da Bears D is built for speed, not sheer power.

What else is wrong with them, besides Kitna?

793684[/snapback]

It starts from the top....Matt Millen....He has been worse than TD...absolutely horrible....He has wasted 3 top 10 picks in Harrington, Mike Williams, Rogers.

They don't have a 2nd WR after all those picks...Roy Williams is their only

bonafide offensive star, but he yaps too much. Their line has been average.

Their defense has played pretty well this season under Henderson except

for the game against the Rams, where they got blown away for 40 points.

...............be afraid!  Right now, they are the class of their Conference.  Make no mistake, the Bears are real and they are big and they are bad.

In many ways, they are what I would most like the Bills to be.  I'd consider them a good blueprint to a truly competitive team.---Take a look:

Young QB with limited experience due to injuries:  Losman?  Nope.  Grossman.  The kid is on fire after 2 disappointing (injured) years.

He is finding a field of explosive WR's--Nope, not Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish---try Monster Muhsin and Bernard Berrian and biggish and speedy TE Clark.

They have a grinding power back at RB good  with an injury riddled past-------T. Jones, not McGahee.

Any finally, they have a fast and aggressive defense-----I won't name names, but DAMN ARE THEY GOOD.  The Hasslebeck lead Seahawks looked bad tonight.  Sure, no Shaun Alexander, but even with 3 to 4 top line WR's,, they were shut down.  There are no weaknesses in this Bears's D.  There are no Ellisons, Simpsons or Whitners to make rookie mistakes..and precious few slower old guys........the Bears have credible veterans at every defensive spot.

Can we win?  YES, but it will be a battle.  Losman has yet to see a pass rush of this caliber, but I think our speedy WR corps can help to offset this.  Also, McGahee might find some room to run to the  weak side, away from Urlacher. 

The key here is to play a COMPLETE game on both sides of the ball and to get some bonus points from special teams.

Bills 17, Bears 14.............but only if all goes right.

Scared to heck by the Bears,

ChicagoRic

Eric C

792381[/snapback]

They look like the real deal but they haven't faced any adversity yet. They played very well against the Seahawks but the week before they did not play well against the Vikings barely getting the victory. This week the Bills offensive line faces their biggest test of the season. Who is going to stop Tommie Harris? I think we need to double team him if we know we are going to pass.