RB gains 658 yards in one game Friday

Nice night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2608373

McCoy piled up his yardage on just 29 carries -- an average of 22.7 yards per attempt -- and scored 10 touchdowns as Matewan beat Burch 64-0 on Friday. McCoy racked up 477 of his yards scoring on TD runs of runs, which covered 69, 1, 52, 56, 52, 20, 31, 84, 87 and 25 yards.

He also had a 77-yard TD run called back because of a penalty.

Nice story...

I just watched what I could stomach of TEXAS beating up on poor SAM HOUSTON...then I started to realize, this is why I will never, ever get into college football as much as pros...what fun is that to watch...the game was over midway through the first quarter...what a joke...the NCAA needs to eliminate about 40 or 50 teams to make college football a truly great sport.....who cares about the pagentry, if the game itself sucks...

Sorry, not trying to hijack a thread, this just hit a nerve...

As for leacving McCoy in, his coach said, "our school is smaller than they are. Why should I punish my kids for having a good team? We were going to score 60 points even if Paul doesn't get on the bus."

I like the idea. It's football Darwinism. If you're getting beat too badly, stop fielding a team.

Here they are:

75 Chris Rolen 6'7" 385 11 OL, DL

76 Eric Hammond 6'0" 297 12 OL, DL

77 Derek Blair 6'2" 380 10 OL, DL

Something tells me the 5'8" 174lb DT lining up across from these guys isn't faring too well...

Are you sure those are right? "385" and "380" seems like a typo. But if not...a good DL with decent quickness and strength would run rings around immobile slabs of flesh like that

Here they are:

75 Chris Rolen 6'7"  385  11  OL, DL

76 Eric Hammond 6'0"  297  12  OL, DL

77 Derek Blair 6'2" 380 10 OL, DL

Something tells me the 5'8" 174lb DT lining up across from these guys isn't faring too well...

790928[/snapback]

Are you sure those are right?  "385" and "380" seems like a typo.  But if not...a good DL with decent quickness and strength would run rings around immobile slabs of flesh like that

790945[/snapback]

Except in the amount of time it takes to get around a 400 lb guy the "high motor" RB is 5 yards downfield.

As for leacving McCoy in, his coach said, "our school is smaller than they are. Why should I punish my kids for having a good team? We were going to score 60 points even if Paul doesn't get on the bus."

I like the idea. It's football Darwinism. If you're getting beat too badly, stop fielding a team.

790926[/snapback]

yea, you may be right, but it'll eventually bite you in the a$$ that opposing coach may be able to put up a team that can do the same to you. Once you are up by 35-40 points you can safely assume that your team is that superior and take it easy. I would have pulled that kid after 40 point lead, and just let the back up get a ton of touches. Also, It is not beneficial to the player or the team for the back to take the wear and tear when up by that much

the most amazing stat of the night:

the kicker only completed 4 of 10 extra points... shocking

why would they even attempt pat's with a guy shredding the defense like that?

791050[/snapback]

That would be considered rubbing it in. :D