Pat Williams was right

HelloNewman

I would have jumped ship at this joke of a team and where it was heading with MM not knowing what to do......common sense

Our expectations of this team has dropped so low that we are happy to just have JP complete a deep pass.....nope I do not blame Pat at all for his comments....he was right

I would have jumped ship at this joke of a team and where it was heading with MM not knowing what to do......common sense

Our expectations of this team has dropped so low that we are happy to just have JP complete a deep pass.....nope I do not blame Pat at all for his comments....he was right

789260[/snapback]

I thought PW comments were all directed towards TD and he did not say anything about Mularkey....

Of course, if PW and his cohorts had stopped that 3rd string Steelers in the season finale and go to the playoffs, may be he would have been re-signed here.

Of course, if PW and his cohorts had stopped that 3rd string Steelers in the season finale and go to the playoffs, may be he would have been re-signed here.

789366[/snapback]

That loss really cast doubt about the immediate-future prospects of that team and whether it was worthwhile to spend more money on that bunch of veterans, who had shown time and again they lacked mental toughness.

That loss really cast doubt about the immediate-future prospects of that team and whether it was worthwhile to spend more money on that bunch of veterans, who had shown time and again they lacked mental toughness.

789496[/snapback]

At least in the music-city miracle, we fought through the game and almost came out with a win. This game had to be one of the ugliest ever to have been played by the bills....

The bills came out with absolutely no emotions and shot themselves in the foot play after play....They let a backup QB in Maddox throw 4 straight times to Randall El. They muffed a punt.....They couldn't stop a 3rd string QB from running out the clock with a 7 minute drive which included a bootleg on a 4th and 3....ALL IN YOUR OWN HOUSE....with a Playoff berth on the line....

I thought PW comments were all directed towards TD and he did not say anything about Mularkey....

789366[/snapback]

don't blame pat williams for that loss. he was a monster in that game, with 13 tackles -- an extremely high number for a DT.

don't blame pat williams for that loss. he was a monster in that game, with 13 tackles -- an extremely high number for a DT.

789900[/snapback]

Statistics might lie....He played horribly....They couldn't stop a 3rd string

RB named Willie parker....He ran all over him...Look at the rushing yards

they gave up that game between Williams and Sam Adams....

But in this case, they don't. PW was a fuggin monster that day.

789964[/snapback]

The same willie parker that is scoring me a ton of points in my fantasy league <_<

789964[/snapback]

Look what that RB named Willie Parker has done since that game. He's no 3rd stringer but nobody knew it then which also worked in his favor.

Look what that RB named Willie Parker has done since that game.  He's no 3rd stringer but nobody knew it then which also worked in his favor.

789976[/snapback]

But we were the #1 defense......You would think you would be able to start a 3rd string RB, in your own backyard with the playofss on the line....

789260[/snapback]

I think the post above that read Phat Pat's comments as being directed toward TD's actions rather than MM's is right,

1. PW's big dispute with the Bills which determined whether he would stay was over his contract and the amount of scratch which the Bills provided rather than his particular use as best as I can tell.

2. TD essentially admitted failing to communicate (his job even if the player chooses someone as an agent you do not like or respect) with Phat Pat's agent and that his offer which PW passed on was not his final offer.

3. The Bills would have kept MM as HC here (if only because of the $ we had promised him), but fortunately he quit so we could make a fresh start.

4. One of the greatesty positives which MM showed in 2004 was that he knew exactly what he wanted to do and stayed the course when the team was roughly 2-6 and just about everybody was ready to throw anyone under the bus, Around the 4th or 5th game he did make changes like going to WM as our starting RB and cutrting Shaw, but the O and D schemes did not change at all and ultimately though the team fell short of the playoffs, it was pretty clear that MM had guided the team to great improvement over the 03 debacle.

In 05 rather than judging this as uncertainty on MMs part, the problem seems to be that Mm was certain what he wanted to do (go with the older QB who while not adequate as a player to win consistently he was better at getting Ws thsn the learning JP) but TD wanted to do something else (use 05 as a training season for JP) and that dispute led to the uncertainty.

I'm not sure what you wanted MM to do? Should he have pushed for more clarity by simply caving in and going with JP, or should he have directlyu defied his boss by demanding we go with the older QB?

In 05 rather than judging this as uncertainty on MMs part, the problem seems to be that Mm was certain what he wanted to do (go with the older QB who while not adequate as a player to win consistently he was better at getting Ws thsn the learning JP) but TD wanted to do something else (use 05 as a training season for JP) and that dispute led to the uncertainty.

I'm not sure what you wanted MM to do?  Should he have pushed for more clarity by simply caving in and going with JP, or should he have directlyu defied his boss by demanding we go with the older QB?

790007[/snapback]

I am not sure where this came from, about TD pushing for JP to start ahead of Holcomb. A coach is not going to blindly accept what the GM wants if he thinks

it is not going to work. Just as MM felt that he would be a scapegoat coach for

Marv Levy and quit, he would have left if he felt Losman was being thrown at him

. MM and TD both were instrumental in pushing Losman to the starters job. THe mistake MM did was not keeping his faith in Losman and giving him a fair shot to win the job (both in training and regular season), but rather listening to his veterans bitching about Losman. Once the veterans sensed that they can fool around with the HC, the HC lost his credibility.

I am not sure where this came from, about TD pushing for JP to start ahead of Holcomb.  A coach is not going to blindly accept what the GM wants if he thinks

it is not going to work.  Just as MM felt that he would be a scapegoat coach for

Marv Levy and quit, he would have left if he felt Losman was being thrown at him

.  MM and TD both were instrumental in pushing Losman to the starters job.  THe mistake MM did was not keeping his faith in Losman and giving him a fair shot to win the job (both in training and regular season), but rather listening to his veterans bitching about Losman.  Once the veterans sensed that they can fool around with the HC, the HC lost his credibility.

790015[/snapback]

I think this impression (and you are right that there was not a flat out statement of discord between TD and MM) is that MM made a few comments about the importance of winning now (which the JP haters andthe relatively few Holcomb boosters who who allied with them over a shared result) of winning now.

These comments from MM might have been a bow toward toward the wishes of the vets who had a shorter term view of the Bills than the braintrust and folks sense of indecision came from his also making comments which were supportive of a longer term view.

TD on the other hand had a longer term view and was quite willing to cut Bledsoe who even though inadequate with this team to QB it to the playoffs, did provide a better bad chance than having the young JP go through the gorwing pains of losing.

Perhaos, I am mistaken and TD and MM were on the same page, it makes little difference now as both are gone, but I think MM was at least forced to acknowledge the win now perspective because his team leadership generally had that view as these older players knew the clock was ticking.

Where TD ultimately lost his job was that he did not see that Ralph was on a different page than he was on as Ralph needs to do as well as he can with Ws now while he still on this planet.

789964[/snapback]

no. willie parker got most of his yards (60 of them) on one play, a play that wasn't williams fault. the LBs did a very poor job on that play.