ND Baby!!!

H2o

Notre Dame just pulled off the greatest come-back I've seen since Buffalo vs. Houston in the playoffs. Quinn throws for 319 yards and 5 TD's, Samardzija has 7 catches for 113 with 2 TD's, McKnight gets 2 TD's, and Lambert goes from last weeks goat to this weeks hero with 2 INT's in the last 3 minutes of the game. One of those TD's gave ND a 40-37 lead and the other shut down MSU's last ditch effort at a possible come-back themselves. ND out-scored MSU 19-0 in the 4th to pull it out. What a game!!!

I was at a wedding and I missed the WHOLE !@#$ING GAME!!!! I got in the car at 11:30 and checked the score on my phone....37-21 4th Q.

I shook my head and waited to read about the shitshow when I got home. Surprise surprise...

As excited as I am that we won, I can't believe I missed a game like this....they only come around for your team once in a blue moon (if ever).

:)0:)

I was at a wedding and I missed the WHOLE !@#$ING GAME!!!!  I got in the car at 11:30 and checked the score on my phone....37-21 4th Q.

I shook my head and waited to read about the shitshow when I got home.  Surprise surprise...

As excited as I am that we won, I can't believe I missed a game like this....they only come around for your team once in a blue moon (if ever).

:doh:  0:)

783861[/snapback]

Don't worry my friend, it'll be an "Instant Classic" shown on ESPN Classic for sure :)

Unreal....I got home late and saw the score was 37-21. Flipped over for a few minutes into the 4Q and of course ended up watching the unbelievable final few minutes.

A 4th down bomb for a TD, A fumble strip, another TD pass and then an INT return for a touchdown in the span of about five minutes.

Wake up the echoes.....

I watched the game last night with three ND alumni.

First half I commented how they all looked like their dog had died.

After the interceptions they sang:

"Our dog is back alive! Our dog is back alive!"

Notre Dame grads really shouldn't try to sing. :)

Great game. 0:)

Just wondering - was there any speculation on whether Rhema McKnight's touchdown with 5 minutes left in the fourth should have at least been reviewed? When I saw it, it seemed he didn't fully gather in the ball before he planted his left foot out of bounds.

I don't think it certainly would have changed the outcome , the way MS was playing, but you would have thought their might have been at least a second look at it.

I thought all Yankee fans were Notre Dame fans.  Then again you don't round out the trifecta with the Dallas Cowboys, which most of those types do, so you can't be half bad.  :angry:

785898[/snapback]

Yankees, Bills, Knicks, Notre Dame in NCAA Football. :blush:

Notre Dame needs to lose.

They are the media's babies, and theres no way in hell that if ND and Texas both finish with one loss, we'd be ranked ahead.

785924[/snapback]

:P

Yeah no sh--. Because if we finish with one loss it will mean that we beat the #2 team in country in their stadium. If you finish with one loss, your big win will be against.....?

But only because you wear a fairy color instead of blue and gold.

786864[/snapback]

At least I'm not a Tennessee fan. THAT is a kitty orange.

:w00t:

Yeah no sh--.  Because if we finish with one loss it will mean that we beat the #2 team in country in their stadium.  If you finish with one loss, your big win will be against.....?

787504[/snapback]

You guys play Auburn? :doh:

Seriously though, I wasn't taking schedule into consideration. The Media has a love-fest with Notre Dame, and all things equal between the two teams, ND would get voted ahead of Texas and most other teams just because.

About my only hope now is that USC loses to Cal and then beats ND, lol.

At least I'm not a Tennessee fan.  THAT is a kitty orange.

You guys play Auburn?  :w00t:

Seriously though, I wasn't taking schedule into consideration.  The Media has a love-fest with Notre Dame, and all things equal between the two teams, ND would get voted ahead of Texas and most other teams just because.

About my only hope now is that USC loses to Cal and then beats ND, lol.

787609[/snapback]

You mean so Ohio State can beat you by 50 on a neutral site? The things people wish for.

Good comeback win for "that school". Good thing there's plenty of time before the USC game to work on that secondary. It it doesn't improve, they may as well say they already have 2 losses.

Like I said though, there's plenty of time. They just need to maintain focus and improve defensively.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between "Brady Quinn Sucks" and "Brady Quinn Is The Greatest Player In The Storied, Mystical, Magical History Of That School".

788416[/snapback]

Oh I agree. :D Just some folks cannot see anyone beyond their "home town" favorite as being anything but sucky.

But Quinn sucks, I heard JSP say so.

788366[/snapback]

Sucks? What did Troy Smith (The New Heisman Front-runner :doh: ) do against Penn St. ? Quinn had an excellent game against them, Smith struggled except for one McNabb-esque play. Let's wait and see how "great" Smith looks against Meeechigan's defense in a couple of weeks :lol: Quinn will still have 35 TD's or more this year and less than 10 INT's.

Choke job by a squad that has become adept @ choke jobs.

789068[/snapback]

Wanna howl with laughter? Listen to this talk-radio host (and unabashed Michigan State fanboy) lose his mind on the air:

Mike Valenti, WXYT

He spends most of the first 45 minutes ranting, to the point where his co-host finally snaps and goes off on HIM. Sports talk radio at its finest. :doh:

Wanna howl with laughter? Listen to this talk-radio host (and unabashed Michigan State fanboy) lose his mind on the air:

Mike Valenti, WXYT

He spends most of the first 45 minutes ranting, to the point where his co-host finally snaps and goes off on HIM. Sports talk radio at its finest. :doh:

789667[/snapback]

THAT was fking funny!! :lol::lol:

THAT was fking funny!! <_<  :lol:

789705[/snapback]

Since they cover the Lions, too, think I'm going to ask WGR to try to get this guy on as a guest the week of the game. Play a couple of clips from that meltdown and hilarity shall, no doubt, ensue...

Teddy freakin' Ruxpin. Hysterical.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.