Buffalo Bill's are loaded for Bear !!!

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Throw in good coaching and a mastermind at the top in Marv Levy and you have the main ingredients for playoffs and beyond.

J.P. Losman, although a year behind because of bad coaching, is starting to show why he was a first round pick, and well worthy of it.

Willis Mcgahee is comming into his own and with the A Train backing him we are very solid at RB.

We are just as solid at the WR position. We all know what Evan's and Price can do, but if Roscoe Parrish keeps playing the way he is, and Josh Reed keeps stepping up the way he is, Losman has alot of great targets to chose from.

Add a good O-line and a ferocious Defense packed with talent :angry:

and the Buffalo Bill's are loaded for Bear :angry:

It would'nt even surprise me a bit if our Bill's make the playoffs this year!!!!! :lol:

:lol:

GOOOOOOOOOO BUFFALOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would'nt even surprise me a bit if our Bill's make the playoffs this year!!!!! :angry:

:lol:

781359[/snapback]

It would definitely surprise me. We are still a year away, plenty of spots to feel good about but we still need improvement to be considered playoff-ready.

Not trying to piss in anyone's corn flakes here but one win in Miami doesnt make us SB bound. We got the Jets coming up who are playing great to start the season...hopefully the boys are up to the challenge and will take em out.

It would definitely surprise me.  We are still a year away, plenty of spots to feel good about but we still need improvement to be considered playoff-ready.

Not trying to piss in anyone's corn flakes here but one win in Miami doesnt make us SB bound.  We got the Jets coming up who are playing great to start the season...hopefully the boys are up to the challenge and will take em out.

781363[/snapback]

Well now that we've seen about how tough a fair amount of our opponents are, are at least gotten a glimpse, I'd say we could go anywhere between 6-10 to 12-4 or to be a smart ass...I could EASILY see us somewhere between 1-15 and 15-1 regular season. :angry:

It would definitely surprise me.  We are still a year away, plenty of spots to feel good about but we still need improvement to be considered playoff-ready.

Agreed. A lot of stuff went our way in Miami that we can't really count on in future games. The blocked punt by Wire comes to mind, as does the absolutely terrible play by Culpepper. If you take those things away (which future opponents may well do), the offense's inability to sustain drives becomes a more significant factor. Until that problem gets fixed, it's doubtful the Bills will go to the playoffs.

That said, there's a lot to like about this team. All those rookies on defense are playing a lot better than we have any right to expect. It's a scrappy, opportunistic bunch of defenders who seem to make every game interesting. But while the defense is vastly improved over last year, I'd like to see more consistency against the run.

Agreed.  A lot of stuff went our way in Miami that we can't really count on in future games.  The blocked punt by Wire comes to mind, as does the absolutely terrible play by Culpepper.  If you take those things away (which future opponents may well do), the offense's inability to sustain drives becomes a more significant factor.  Until that problem gets fixed, it's doubtful the Bills will go to the playoffs.

781400[/snapback]

Buffalo sustained a 72-yard touchdown drive, a 49 yard field goal drive, and scored another two field goals on short fields. They had four drives that were near or over five minutes apiece, as compared to two for Miami. And, most importantly, they didn't turn the ball over (!). Given the many things a team is not in control of (like Culpepper's poor play), turnovers is one of the things you can work on and control. Our offense maintained control in those situations. What's not to like about that? Explain how that's not a major positive?!

The offense did what the game demanded. Watch a Bill Belicheck-coached team and you'll see that he does the same. The type of game and the opponent dictates the approach.

Buffalo sustained a 72-yard touchdown drive, a 49 yard field goal drive, and scored another two field goals on short fields. 

The 72 yard TD drive was based on a 50 yard pass interference penalty. No shame in that, but it's not the same as moving 72 yards over the course of fifteen plays. The fact that the second longest drive was only 49 yards long pretty much proves my point.

How could anyone be surprised if the Bills make the Playoffs. I know it' s only two weeks but I feel like the division is wide open. Have the Patriots really Impressed any of you? The Dolphins haven't impressed anyone and the Jets have no pass rush and can't run the ball. The Bills on the other hand have one of the best backfields in the league. As much as everyone complained, the Bills had a great draft. Surprise Whitner is better than Huff and Ko should have gone in the first round. The D is really improved. We still need to get better at stopping the run but I think that will improve as the season goes on. If Takeo can come back, stay healthy and play anything like he did before his injury out D could be scary. How many teams have a great playmaker at every postition in there secondary. That is what the bills now have 4 natural playmakers in the secondary. There is no way anyone is running away with this division and I think the Bills have as good a shot as any. If our offense can progress throughout the season we could do something. The quarterback issue is no longer a question. Losman is the guy and though he hasn't torn it up in the first two weeks, he hasn't stunk it up either. He looks like a guy that can do something in this league. How many NFL games has he started now 10, 11? I think he looks pretty good for a guy who has only started a handful of games in the NFL. I don't know why but people seem to forget that every year in the NFL anything can happen. Carolina, Tampa Bay and Miami, all teams picked to do something this year, all 0-2. The point is every year anylsts mainly on ESPN say which teams they think are going to the playoffs and which ones have no chance. Every year maybe half the teams they pick actually make it to the playoffs. Anyone who thinks the Bills can't make the playoffs this year is brainwashed. The NFL is unpredictable. The Bills are better than they were last year and have a shot at the division. I Think all Bills fans should be optimistic about this season and believe that the Bills are going to do something. I haven't been this excited about the Bills since they made their run 2 seasons ago. Have hope Bills fans, this could be a great year. GO BILLS!!!!!

The 72 yard TD drive was based on a 50 yard pass interference penalty.  No shame in that, but it's not the same as moving 72 yards over the course of fifteen plays.  The fact that the second longest drive was only 49 yards long pretty much proves my point.

781423[/snapback]

That or, it says what I said: we won a field-position game.

Agreed.  A lot of stuff went our way in Miami that we can't really count on in future games.  The blocked punt by Wire comes to mind, as does the absolutely terrible play by Culpepper.

781400[/snapback]

Just to be clear: our defense had nothing to do with Culpepper's poor play? We were just lucky that he had an off day, is that it?

Not trying to piss in anyone's corn flakes here but one win in Miami doesnt make us SB bound.  We got the Jets coming up who are playing great to start the season...hopefully the boys are up to the challenge and will take em out.

781363[/snapback]

I agree that it is good to temper down our expectations....However, we ran the NE patriots close with a 17-7 score until the 4th quarter and then shutout Miami

for 58 minutes, both road games. Two such performance should definitely stir up

your optimism. We still have a hard road in front of us, with the Jets, Vikes and

Bears looming up.....But on any given Sunday.....

Agreed.  A lot of stuff went our way in Miami that we can't really count on in future games.  The blocked punt by Wire comes to mind, as does the absolutely terrible play by Culpepper.  If you take those things away (which future opponents may well do), the offense's inability to sustain drives becomes a more significant factor.  Until that problem gets fixed, it's doubtful the Bills will go to the playoffs.

That said, there's a lot to like about this team.  All those rookies on defense are playing a lot better than we have any right to expect.  It's a scrappy, opportunistic bunch of defenders who seem to make every game interesting.  But while the defense is vastly improved over last year, I'd like to see more consistency against the run.

781400[/snapback]

Things that require improvement:

1. Run defense

2. Covering the TEs. I think McMichael and Watson had quite a # of catches.

3. Better QB play. Involve our TEs more in the passing game.

3a. Some of those invisible WRs need to get open. Involve Sam Aiken in the game more to provide a physical presence.

4. Run blocking needs to pick up a notch.

5. More improvement in other aspects that are doing good....Hey there is always room for improvement.

The 72 yard TD drive was based on a 50 yard pass interference penalty.  No shame in that, but it's not the same as moving 72 yards over the course of fifteen plays.  The fact that the second longest drive was only 49 yards long pretty much proves my point.

781423[/snapback]

It would have been a TD without the PI, the DB was beat.