L.J.Shelton

Like A Mofo

Possibly Donahoe's finest hour when he balked at that trade.  And locking up Terrence McGee.  Good work TD!

Shelton is pathetic.  Gandy looks like Orlando Pace compared to that bum.

777507[/snapback]

It is strange, but some of TD's moves/non-moves are looking better now that he is gone then they did when he was here :doh:

I liked and defended TD. He made some great player moves (with the exception of Fat Mike). His downfall was he did not know a good coach from a bad one.

777520[/snapback]

To be honest, I blame Ralph. I think he took the cheap road twice and look where it got us. He did it again with Jauron but I've always been under the impression that DJ was underrated and put in positions to fail.

It is strange, but some of TD's moves/non-moves are looking better now that he is gone then they did when he was here  :doh:

777510[/snapback]

2 of TDs moves that just keep looking worse...

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

And those are the 2 moves that ended up costing him his job

Shutup, or VABills is going to enter this thread and defend him.  I can only take so much retardia today.

777516[/snapback]

Because we were so in need of blocking, I initially thought that he might be a good pick-up.

Then, Badolbilz posted, and called him a "sub-par LT with a chronic ankle injury." After that, even I didn't want him. :doh:

Because we were so in need of blocking, I initially thought that he might be a good pick-up.

Then, Badolbilz posted, and called him a "sub-par LT with a chronic ankle injury." After that, even I didn't want him.  :doh:

777529[/snapback]

Honestly, QB play and scheme is just as important and for some reason people can't add the three together. I don't know if our line is good enough (it'll never be unless we have the 5 best players at the position in the NFL, plus the next 5 to be backups. :lol:)

To be honest, I blame Ralph.  I think he took the cheap road twice and look where it got us.  He did it again with Jauron but I've always been under the impression that DJ was underrated and put in positions to fail.

777523[/snapback]

Ralph did not take the cheap road. He put his trust in TD and TD made the selections for head coach. TD whiffed on Gregg Williams, he let John Fox and Marvin Lewis get away. He blew it even worse on Mularkey, making the same mistake hiring a rookie coach.

The selection of bad coaches is ALL TD. TD hired rookie coaches that would not question his authority. Remember that TD lost a power struggle with Bill Cowher, and was ousted at Pittburgh. The last thing he was going to do was bring in a strong head coach. TD's ego is huge. He ran all phases of the team his record is his.

Ralph did not take the cheap road.  He put his trust in TD and TD made the selections for head coach.  TD whiffed on Gregg Williams, he let John Fox and Marvin Lewis get away.  He blew it even worse on Mularkey, making the same mistake hiring a rookie coach. 

777548[/snapback]

Ultimately TD was in charge of hiring the coach, and the decision falls on him. But Ralph has a long history of not wanting to dish top-dollar to a coach, and has said so publicly several times. You can say TD let Fox and Lewis slip away, but it may have been the case that Ralph gave TD a salary range, and those two scoffed at their offer.

To be honest, I blame Ralph.  I think he took the cheap road twice and look where it got us.  He did it again with Jauron but I've always been under the impression that DJ was underrated and put in positions to fail.

777523[/snapback]

this is an example of why i don't blame Mularkey for leaving after last season. if he had stayed it would have been the same situation Jauron was in with Chicago when Jerry Angelo took over.

You can say TD let Fox and Lewis slip away, but it may have been the case that Ralph gave TD a salary range, and those two scoffed at their offer.

777555[/snapback]

And then you should ask why two guys who had never to that point been head coaches in the NFL would have any business "scoffing" at such offers (if they were even made, which I doubt).

Hindsight is 20/20. In 2001, Gregg Williams was every bit the "hot coordinator" that Lewis and Fox were. It wasn't like the Bills were turned down by Fox and Lewis and then finally picked Williams. TD just made the wrong decision, that's all, and money wasn't the issue.

And then you should ask why two guys who had never to that point been head coaches in the NFL would have any business "scoffing" at such offers (if they were even made, which I doubt).

Hindsight is 20/20.  In 2001, Gregg Williams was every bit the "hot coordinator" that Lewis and Fox were.  It wasn't like the Bills were turned down by Fox and Lewis and then finally picked Williams.  TD just made the wrong decision, that's all, and money wasn't the issue.

777618[/snapback]

You can't say money wasn't an issue because you just don't know. Neither do I. Can't say it was, can't say it wasn't. All you can do is look at the history and see that the Bills are ALWAYS in the bottom 5 as far as head coach salary.

I agree, Gregg was the wrong man at the wrong time. But you can't really blame TD for that hire...He was a successful coordinator in demand. You CAN blame TD for basically making the exact same mistake by going out and hiring another coordinator with no HC experience. That's where he hitched his wagon to Mularkey and lost.

As for the others, like Fox and Lewis, it's pure speculation as to why they didn't come here. Lewis supposedly didn't want to be here because his wife didn't like the school system or some junk like that. Perhaps they had quite a few interviews lined up, and knew that Ralph liked to low-ball his offers. Perhaps TD just didn't like them. Who knows? Bottom line, TD went 0-2 with his coaches and it ulitmately got him fired.