Golisano steps down as Paychex CEO

'Golisano, 62, said that in addition to maintaining his role as chairman of Paychex, he has a number of other activities he plans to pursue. "I am in great health and have many interests including other entrepreneurial opportunities, philanthropic endeavors, and a desire for political reform in New York State," said Golisano.'

Golisano for gov?

http://www.paychex.com/news/04/100404.html

'Golisano, 62, said that in addition to maintaining his role as chairman of Paychex, he has a number of other activities he plans to pursue. "I am in great health and have many interests including other entrepreneurial opportunities, philanthropic endeavors, and a desire for political reform in New York State," said Golisano.'

Golisano for gov?

http://www.paychex.com/news/04/100404.html

55849[/snapback]

NYS has done ALOT worse. Good luck to a good man. He'll need all he can get to fix the corruption and payola that has ruined the state we love so much.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: NYS politicians.

Keep tabs on this guy, for in the coming years, he will be mentioned as a possible local owner when Ralph goes to his great reward.

Hell, he could buy the Bills with what he has in his wallet...and considering the options, i.e. Los Angeles Bills, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

Even though the guy is a billionaire I kinda feel sorry for him. He probably gets pitched every half-assed project known to man on the pretense that he needs to do it to "Save Western NY." I would be willing to bet that he has invested in some things that go against every bit of his good business sense. Hey Tom, wanna buy a fast ferry? Hockey Team? Arts center? Bridge? WNBA?

I just hope he doesn't take his business elsewhere. :)

Sounds like this is the beginning to the end of his stint in the area. Just my opinion, but if he does have "other endevors" it doesnt sit right with me as the owner of the Sabres is looking to make major life changes at 62. '

Anyone else see it that way?

55972[/snapback]

Probably just tired of the day to day operation...if I was a billionaire, I would've retired long before I turned 62.

Golisano ran for governor against Pataki last time. I can proudly say that I voted for him. Besides rescuing the Sabres he seems like a very down to earth guy and has done a lot for the city of Rochester.

But, it is very hard for someone from WNY or Central NY to get elected to statewide office.