Guess who just arrived?

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try ESPN.COM and you'll find the answer is 3, which is also how many 200+ yard games he had (including the playoffs).  And he didn't start until mid-way through the season...In other words, 1/3 of his games during that season were sub-100 yard passing games.

777658[/snapback]

Good find. We'll see if JP Losman does, in fact, pull a Trent Dilfer-like season. I'm not sure that our schedule is quite as favorable as Baltimore's was that season, but it might be close - and we're not talking about winning the Super Bowl with this schedule either.

In any event, the question is this - if Losman pulls a Trent Dilfer-like season, will Bills fans be looking to replace him after the season?

JDG

Good find.  We'll see if JP Losman does, in fact, pull a Trent Dilfer-like season.  I'm not sure that our schedule is quite as favorable as Baltimore's was that season, but it might be close - and we're not talking about winning the Super Bowl with this schedule either.

In any event, the question is this - if Losman pulls a Trent Dilfer-like season, will Bills fans be looking to replace him after the season? 

JDG

777774[/snapback]

The other things I note from that season for Trent is that his sub-100 games he also threw more INTs than TDs in each of those games. I would still put yesterday's game at a higher level than those three from Dilfer.

These were called swing passes and screens to WR's - a big difference from a check down to a RB because everyone else was covered.    While you say that he "made good decisions", in fact, after the first few series' it seemed like the coaches were trying to keep Losman from having to make decisions - they were calling plays where you almost always would go with the first read.

Or to put it another way, if he only passed for 83 yards, how many good decisions could he possibly have made?

JDG

776969[/snapback]

Gee I thought I heard murph and kelso say that jp was 10 of 12 here in the second half???

That sounds like good play to me!!!!

Although he only threw 1 td, the other 2 wiped out were equally if not more impressive....

Hey, I thought that was a dolfin that bullet to Reed passed through ??

Good find. We'll see if JP Losman does, in fact, pull a Trent Dilfer-like season. I'm not sure that our schedule is quite as favorable as Baltimore's was that season, but it might be close - and we're not talking about winning the Super Bowl with this schedule either.

JDG

Just wondering....how many games under 150 passing yards did Big Ben have in Year 1? I see no problem with ball-control offense (some call it boring), good D and good special teams. That formula wins Super Bowls.

The reins can be loosened for JP in Year 2, then further loosened in year 3. Thats called maturing as a QB and player. As long as JP doesn't lose the game for us and progresses from game-to-game (which, in my opinion, he has done), I'm fine with a subpar statistical day. Thats how Big Ben became good and also Brady.

Just wondering....how many games under 150 passing yards did Big Ben have in Year 1?  I see no problem with ball-control offense (some call it boring), good D and good special teams.  That formula wins Super Bowls. 

The reins can be loosened for JP in Year 2, then further loosened in year 3.  Thats called maturing as a QB and player.  As long as JP doesn't lose the game for us and progresses from game-to-game (which, in my opinion, he has done), I'm fine with a subpar statistical day.  Thats how Big Ben became good and also Brady.

777834[/snapback]

Can't wait to hear the typical "He's in his third year" response. 0:)