Now will they give the Bills D credit or...

bluv

I can see it now: ESPN just talking about how bad the Dolphins offense looked and how could they lose at home to a team starting 4 rookies on D... BUT how about giving credit to the young D as while their offense left them out to dry most of the game, still shutdown Culpepper having him result to mostly dumpoff passes when he wasn't getting sack. Give those Bills some props for they are OVERDUE!

I can see it now: ESPN just talking about how bad the Dolphins offense looked and how could they lose at home to a team starting 4 rookies on D... BUT how about giving credit to the young D as while their offense left them out to dry most of the game, still shutdown Culpepper having him result to mostly dumpoff passes when he wasn't getting sack. Give those Bills some props for they are OVERDUE!

776259[/snapback]

Bills defense playing well beyond expectations and their '06 draft looking awfully good. Bills might be leading the league in sacks after 2 weeks. Whoda thunkit?

Bills defense playing well beyond expectations and their '06 draft looking awfully good.  Bills might be leading the league in sacks after 2 weeks.  Whoda thunkit?

776267[/snapback]

And if Takeo could come back and fill those gaps the run D will be a little better. I must also give props to Murlarkey for not sticking with the run and playing to our strength of rushing the passer. Since The Jets can't run, let's hope it is a long day fo Pennington next week! GO BILLS!

776259[/snapback]

I don't think the D is a fluke. They had Brady really frustrated last week as well.

We have a good defense. Holy crap! 0:):unsure:

776259[/snapback]

CBS's guys didn't even mention Buffalo's play at all, just how Miami's reaction will be and how bad Culpepper was...not a shock.

CBS's guys didn't even mention Buffalo's play at all, just how Miami's reaction will be and how bad Culpepper was...not a shock.

776299[/snapback]

Exactly. And I'll bet that ESPN highlights will focus on Daunte getting sacked and stress how bad he played rather than showing a positive Bills play. And to think all those experts who jumped on the Dolphins and Pats bandwagon, IF we had pulled it out last week AND IF the Jets somehow beat the Pats, then next Sunday the so-called "cellar dwellars" would be fighting it out for 1st place in the AFC EAST.

Also I must give credit to Levy and all his young defensive draft picks. Some called them ludicrous but they have paid off so far.

No doubt it takes the media quite a while to veer away from their "favorites" and start to give teams that really are earning the wins (but were'nt expected to) their appropriate credit. If we get to the point where this D plays consistently good, and we string together several wins, you might start seeing the media talking about those "surprising" Bills - and then piling on about the coaching genius, great draft picks etc. As for me, I like it better if we fly under the radar a little. Let them keep saying it's how "poor" the other teams played. We will earn respect over time (and hopefully pile up some W's in the interim).

I sure hope the fans get LOUD for the team against the Jets. The Bills could thrive off that positive energy!

No doubt it takes the media quite a while to veer away from their "favorites" and start to give teams that really are earning the wins (but were'nt expected to) their appropriate credit.  If we get to the point where this D plays consistently good, and we string together several wins, you might start seeing the media talking about those "surprising" Bills - and then piling on about the coaching genius, great draft picks etc.    As for me, I like it better if we fly under the radar a little.  Let them keep saying it's how "poor" the other teams played.  We will earn respect over time (and hopefully pile up some W's in the interim). 

I sure hope the fans get LOUD for the team against the Jets.  The Bills could thrive off that positive energy!

776457[/snapback]

That is why I love the NFL: it doesn't matter what the experts think. This isn't college where how you look before and during the season and who you impress to get votes matters; it doesn't matter if you look good in a win or bad it in a lose. Now that the offseason is over it is time to PUT UP or SHUT UP. That is why I hate all thse so called "experts" who only focus on a game or 2 but don't really follow the rest of the teams besides stats and ESPN highlights but then claim to know the game. Maybe they need to do their homework and actually watch all the games and make better picks!

After we whack the Jets, then the media will start giving us some love. They'll start saying wow these guys are good ! Maybe Marv knows what he is doing after all !

776581[/snapback]

Exactly for the Jets is a team that they don't expect much from and it won't make their predictions look bad and with another defensive performance they will start to kiss up to us; I just hope it doesn't get to our young player's head!

Exactly for the Jets is a team that they don't expect much from and it won't make their predictions look bad and with another defensive performance they will start to kiss up to us; I just hope it doesn't get to our young player's head!

776589[/snapback]

I think they are going to be pumped for the Jets game . I pity Pennington, they are going to spank his ass !