Chambers Had 238 Yards Last Miami Game

Buffalo Baumer

A lot of people are getting down on Willis and some other Bills but I feel that this is really time for Nate Clements to show that he is a number one corner in this league. He has plenty to prove if he wants to pick up that big paycheck at the end of the year.

With Spikes most likely out agianst the Phins, everyone is really going to have to step it up a notch and make some plays to win these close ones (not lose them Nate).

No question this game is a real gut check. I think the pressure will be on the defensive line to address the run game. Running is the way to beat the cover 2, and we'll just have to address that. I think we might make more use of McCargo in run situations, and hopefully will be working his hamstring as hard as he is working his mouth, and will be in for this game.

Chambers' previous 6 games against the Bills (before the monster game):

10/09/05 4 catches for 60 yards

12/05/04 5 catches for 49 yards

10/17/04 3 catches for 23 yards

12/21/03 1 catch for 23 yards 1 TD

09/21/03 5 catches for 51 yards

12/01/03 2 catches for 17 yards

Clements will be fine and the people who bashed him after the last Miami game have very short term memories. :(

Clements will be fine and the people who bashed him after the last Miami game have very short term memories.  :(

772700[/snapback]

Clements has been burned plenty over the past year and some of these penalties that he has taken are absolutely inexcusable.

Actually, if you had been (un)fortunate enough to see the game, you might have noticed that Chambers only caught about 7-8 balls for about 90 yards against Clements on a day that the phish threw 65 passes(about 25 of them at Chambers).

He also defended a couple passes, forced a fumble, caused a few incompletions and was likely a factor in some of Chambers' short-arm drops.

A lot of people are getting down on Willis and some other Bills but I feel that this is really time for Nate Clements to show that he is a number one corner in this league. He has plenty to prove if he wants to pick up that big paycheck at the end of the year.

With Spikes most likely out agianst the Phins, everyone is really going to have to step it up a notch and make some plays to win these close ones (not lose them Nate).

772495[/snapback]

No doubt Baumer, Nate needs to show that he is even in the top 32 of #1 CB's in this league and it needs to happen immediately.

I don't buy his own self proclamation to be number 1 for even a minute. His coverage isn't what worries me (although he still needs work) it's his tackling ability. He should have taken a lesson from Winfield before he left about hitting/tackling. Nate always seems to go for the shoe lace tackles and never the hip.

Clements will be fine and the people who bashed him after the last Miami game have very short term memories.  :D

772700[/snapback]

Seriously. And Chambers is not a top 5 WR; not even close.

Seriously.  And Chambers is not a top 5 WR; not even close.

773259[/snapback]

He may not be a top five receiver, but ask yourself, who was throwing to him. Last year he had Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfels and the list is not that great as the years go back, i.e. Damon Huard.

Chambers is a very capable receiver that is in a bad system in Miami. I doubt that MUlarkey or Culpepper will figure out a way to get Chambers thoroughly involved until week 10. By that time, they will be out of playoff contention and December will be right around the corner.

Nate is not a number 1 corner in this league in fact he's not 2 or 3 for that matter. He's constantly getting burned all the while Mcgee has turned into a better shut down corner than Nate. I have no faith left in that guy and it's safe to say I'll be OK with him leaving next year.

No doubt Baumer, Nate needs to show that he is even in the top 32 of #1 CB's in this league and it needs to happen immediately.

I don't buy his own self proclamation to be number 1 for even a minute.  His coverage isn't what worries me (although he still needs work) it's his tackling ability.  He should have taken a lesson from Winfield before he left about hitting/tackling.  Nate always seems to go for the shoe lace tackles and never the hip.

773224[/snapback]

Who cares what type of tackles Nate makes, as long as it's a tackle. While Antoine's might look better the truth is Nate is a better overall CB then Antoine will ever be/was. While he might not be the best NFL CB he's easily among the top 10 if not top 5.

Who cares what type of tackles Nate makes, as long as it's a tackle. While Antoine's might look better the truth is Nate is a better overall CB then Antoine will ever be/was. While he might not be the best NFL CB he's easily among the top 10 if not top 5.

773421[/snapback]

While I don't agree completely with your thread, anyone with a Dwight Schrute quote in their signature is okay in my book!!

:doh:

Nate is not a number 1 corner in this league in fact he's not 2 or 3 for that matter. He's constantly getting burned all the while Mcgee has turned into a better shut down corner than Nate. I have no faith left in that guy and it's safe to say I'll be OK with him leaving next year.

773410[/snapback]

Is the drug you are on illegal in the United States? or do you live outside the boundaries?

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this board in a LONG time. He is not a #1, 2, or 3 CB? Wow.

Clements: 5 years, 20 INT, 4 TD's, 45 pass deflections

Champ Bailey: 7 years, 29 INT, 3 TD's, 86 pass deflections

Charles Woodson: 8 years, 17 INT, 2 TD, 66 pass deflections

Sam Madison: 9 years, 31 INT, 2 TD, 69 pass deflections

Ty Law: 11 years, 46 INT, 7 TD, 98 pass deflections

Fred Smoot: 5 years, 18 INT, 0 TD, 39 pass deflections

This is just a short list of a few CB's that 98% of the population believe are quality #1 CB's for there respective teams. Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more INT's per year than 3 of the 5 and is nearly tied with the other 2 (0.1 away). Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more TD's per year than all 5 of them. Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more pass deflections per year than 4 out of the 5.

And those numbers listed above is EXACTLY why Clements will be getting a large contract and deservedly so. Fans of a team dont see how truly good a player is until that player leaves. We did the same with Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield. Winfield wasnt amazing, but he was solid ... and Pat Williams did a great job of stuffing the run.

Is the drug you are on illegal in the United States? or do you live outside the boundaries?

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on this board in a LONG time. He is not a #1, 2, or 3 CB? Wow.

Clements: 5 years, 20 INT, 4 TD's, 45 pass deflections

Champ Bailey: 7 years, 29 INT, 3 TD's, 86 pass deflections

Charles Woodson: 8 years, 17 INT, 2 TD, 66 pass deflections

Sam Madison: 9 years, 31 INT, 2 TD, 69 pass deflections

Ty Law: 11 years, 46 INT, 7 TD, 98 pass deflections

Fred Smoot: 5 years, 18 INT, 0 TD, 39 pass deflections

This is just a short list of a few CB's that 98% of the population believe are quality #1 CB's for there respective teams. Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more INT's per year than 3 of the 5 and is nearly tied with the other 2 (0.1 away). Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more TD's per year than all 5 of them. Out of the 5 CB's mentioned, Clements averages more pass deflections per year than 4 out of the 5.

And those numbers listed above is EXACTLY why Clements will be getting a large contract and deservedly so. Fans of a team dont see how truly good a player is until that player leaves. We did the same with Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield. Winfield wasnt amazing, but he was solid ... and Pat Williams did a great job of stuffing the run.

773538[/snapback]

Yeah but that's fuzzy math.....................

:doh: