One thing I believe from yesterday....

Lv-Bills

coached Bills team, and the best play calling we've had since the Marv Levy era. I'm dead serious. I was totally impressed with the coaches.

Nice and calm. Looked like we had a plan. They didn't panic and abandon things. I like the nuts by Jauron on 4th and 1. I feel alot better about Jauron and Fairchild now. Alot. It seems Fewell is capable also. He just needs a talent infusion on the D-Line and some kids to grow up.

We're on our way baby!

Next Season - Wild Card Contender.

My only complaint to lodge was that they carried on the time honored tradition of being too conservative with the lead. If JP is the QB, then let him grow by being ultra aggressive, at times. How often did the Bills challenge deep? One to Parrish that maybe could have been a better throw, but anything else? The way this team will win is to keep the opposition off balance with the constant threat of the bomb. It will keep 8 men in the box out of the other teams' strategy. They could have gone after the Patriots to answer this problem, but the choice was to run 20 yards or less patterns. It makes the Patriots job that much easier, IMO... They MUST do this against the Dolphins next week, their deep secondary is highly suspect!!!

I like the staff as well. But I would add one critic. Their second half adjustments didn't get it done. Offense was shutdown in the second half, they need to adapt better to the teams adjustments.

769804[/snapback]

They came out in the 3rd quarter and moved the ball to the NE 7 from there 20.How can you say they couldnt move the ball in the 2nd half?The officating in this game clearly had a NE bias which cost the Bills the game.

I like the staff as well. But I would add one critic. Their second half adjustments didn't get it done. Offense was shutdown in the second half, they need to adapt better to the teams adjustments.

769804[/snapback]

Yeah, I think once the younger players get some seasoning and some of the older vets get replaced by younger vets - I think we'll just be fine. Part of the reason guys like Fletcher are vital is cause they've seen everything and can adjust on the fly...No need to wait for coaching to point it out...

God, i sure hope the spend a lot of time in film study this week, just to cut down on some of the bonehead penalties...

At least, we won't be playing the refs this week - at least I don't think so...

My only complaint to lodge was that they carried on the time honored tradition of being too conservative with the lead. If JP is the QB, then let him grow by being ultra aggressive, at times. How often did the Bills challenge deep? One to Parrish that maybe could have been a better throw, but anything else? The way this team will win is to keep the opposition off balance with the constant threat of the bomb. It will keep 8 men in the box out of the other teams' strategy. They could have gone after the Patriots to answer this problem, but the choice was to run 20 yards or less patterns. It makes the Patriots job that much easier, IMO... They MUST do this against the Dolphins next week, their deep secondary is highly suspect!!!

769750[/snapback]

In the interview JP said the two times that Evans didn't have a safety over the top and they were looking to him for big plays were both sacks. I too wonder why we didn't take more strikes down the field, at least to stretch it out, and hope we find a way to do that against Miami.

coached Bills team, and the best play calling we've had since the Marv Levy era.  I'm dead serious.  I was totally impressed with the coaches. 

Nice and calm.  Looked like we had a plan.  They didn't panic and abandon things.  I like the nuts by Jauron on 4th and 1.  I feel alot better about Jauron and Fairchild now.  Alot.  It seems Fewell is capable also.  He just needs a talent infusion on the D-Line and some kids to grow up.

We're on our way baby!

769675[/snapback]

Yup. Several good signs.

In the interview JP said the two times that Evans didn't have a safety over the top and they were looking to him for big plays were both sacks.  I too wonder why we didn't take more strikes down the field, at least to stretch it out, and hope we find a way to do that against Miami.

769825[/snapback]

Well the good news is that we are headed into a game against a team that has a fairly weak secondary. Dont get me wrong, Miami's front seven is very formidable but even their own fans will admit their secondary is spotty, at best.

Couple this with the success that Losman and Evans had last time against the Fins, I bet we'll see a LOT more shots down the field this week.

Another good sign, McGahee tends to be a bounce back player. He's definitely got an ego, but that works in our favor too. He'll want to come out strong against Miami, in the city that he first came into the national spotlight, and showcase his skills. If Losman and Evans are attacking Miami's weak secondary, that should cause their LBs to fall back...and thats when Willis will tear them apart.

Good signs abound for this weekend.

How can you say they couldnt move the ball in the 2nd half?

769817[/snapback]

Because the Bills gained a total of 5 more yards after that drive. The play-calling resorted to, essentially, run, run, pass. The coaching staff did a good job overall but the second half play-calling could have been less predictable.

coached Bills team, and the best play calling we've had since the Marv Levy era.  I'm dead serious.  I was totally impressed with the coaches. 

Nice and calm.  Looked like we had a plan.  They didn't panic and abandon things.  I like the nuts by Jauron on 4th and 1.  I feel alot better about Jauron and Fairchild now.  Alot.  It seems Fewell is capable also.  He just needs a talent infusion on the D-Line and some kids to grow up.

We're on our way baby!

769675[/snapback]

I agree with most of your post (I'd give the ball to A-Train on 4-and-1) except for the last part. If they control JP's progress well enough to minimize his mistakes, they can contend for the wild card this season.

I think the defense will be more than good enough and the special teams is already the best. If the offense can play well for most of the game, they can win against any team they play.

769804[/snapback]

I am not so sure it was the adjustments that mattered. We started the second half the same as the first. We went on a long time consuming drive. The difference was going for it on fourth and 1 instead of kicking the FG. Once we were stopped, the Patriots had momentum, and the fans were back in the game. Once big MO shifts, its hard to get it back.

Would the outcome have been different if we kicked the FG? i dont know. But I think the Fans and the Patriots might have continued the duldrums and we might have continued to rock on....

We need to give Coach J. and Co. more time before we call his staff out I think. I too liked the way our team looked. Give them some credit...