Which Sign Should I Make.....

cåblelady

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.

In actuality, the Patriots looked much worse than I expected, and the Bills much better. Some things were just inexplicable - the Pats' OL was great in run blocking but terrible in pass protection, and the front 7 couldn't stop the run in the first half, and shut it down in the second.

An odd game overall, but an exciting one to watch, and one in which fans of both teams can find positives. I know that Patriots fans are drooling over Maroney's potential, and Bills fans have to be happy that Losman looked like a more-than-capable starter.

I know that Patriots fans are drooling over Maroney's potential, and Bills fans have to be happy that Losman looked like a more-than-capable starter.

768620[/snapback]

Agreed on both parts. Though I for one thought JP showed that he has the ability to be a very, very good player today.

In hostile terrtory against a team that has owned the Bills for the past half decade, he played with poise, confidence and made a good deal of plays. He has a ways to go, but he def looked the part of a future star to me.

I think this game showed the hunt for a QB is over in Buffalo.

But Maroney is going to terrorize the Bills for years. I thought that when the Bills passed on Wolfork a few years ago, and I think that now about Maroney (though, I didn't expect the Bills to take Maroney, just knew it was trouble when he slipped to the Pats).

#3:  I attack the officials to rationalize losses.  <_<

768464[/snapback]

C'mon buddy. You have to admit that the refs were a lot more nit-picky with the Bills than they were with the Patriots. It's hard enough to beat your team without the refs giving your guys unfair spots, ignoring the Bills punter getting knocked down, letting Pats defenders cross the line before the snap, etc. I'll give you that the Bills accomplished almost nothing in the second half, and should have played better. But this loss was hard to take, and the officiating made it harder.

I still dont understand how we are blaming the ref on this one. We lost by 2 points ... if we kicked the field goal and made it, then we win ... ref or no ref

768932[/snapback]

Not true. The Patriots had the ball at the end, and IIRC were in field goal range. But because they were already ahead by 2, they simply kneeled down to seal the win. Had the Bills kicked that field goal, the Patriots would have been down by a point, and therefore would have kicked the game winning field goal at the very end.