Whitner looked great

SilverNRed

Uh, simpson nearly KILLED maroney on more than one run play.

Better check the tape.

In Cover Two, the safeties aren't supposed to be up in run suport.

768175[/snapback]

Umm.. It's hard not to tackle the guy when he is 7-10 yards down field. I am saying they were not used to fill gaps. :doh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better check the tape.

768175[/snapback]

Whitner also showed up in run support. IT was obvious and immediately noticeable as soon as they yanked Coy boy. In fact on his first play he came up and got in on the tackle on a 2 or three yard stop.

8 Tackles,(4 solo, 4 ast) 1 int for a rookie saftey, in his first game. I will take that any Sunday Whitner is the Future!!!!!

768189[/snapback]

I'm not saying that he is the next Ronnie Lott or played like it today but anybody who nickpicks on a few plays given up and actually made a play that should have won the game is just looking under a microscope. I can see if he and Koy were giving up big play after play; they held Brady to under 200 yards and under %50 completion and weren't the victims of his 2 TD passes. And as far as those crying about run support they were playing 2 deep coverage and the front 7 didn't stop the run.

On the road, against arguably the best QB in football, with good TEs, in the first game of their careers, with all new schemes and coaches for everyone, not expecting to play much for the most part, those two guys did not at all get worked. They played very well. 2-3 plays to the best receivers on the team in the entire game? Gimme a break. Not to mention that Whitner's interception could have won them the game.

On the road, against arguably the best QB in football, with good TEs, in the first game of their careers, with all new schemes and coaches for everyone, not expecting to play much for the most part, those two guy did not at all get worked. They played very well. 2-3 plays to the best receivers on the team in the entire game? Gimme a break.

768277[/snapback]

We're talking about Pud, here, Kelly. He sees what he wants to.

On the road, against arguably the best QB in football, with good TEs, in the first game of their careers, with all new schemes and coaches for everyone, not expecting to play much for the most part, those two guys did not at all get worked. They played very well. 2-3 plays to the best receivers on the team in the entire game? Gimme a break. Not to mention that Whitner's interception could have won them the game.

768277[/snapback]

My words exactly. Hopefully once they become comfortable we could have a fine tandem at safety.

768277[/snapback]

Amen.

Forgive VA. He has his pre-conceived notions, many of which are/were gotten through a scout friend of his, that he'll go to the grave trying to defend.

And it's a LOT harder to overcome injuries in-game than prior to a game, when you can prepare for them. The fact that the FIVE rookies who played most of the game were able to help keep the game so close is a testament to their potential.

I'll agree with the non factor in run game but Brady only completed 11 passes and at no point got into a passing rhythm; I can see if Brady was picking us apart with efficecny. I mean he throw a pick in the 4th quarter by Whitner that if it wasn't for questionable block and play stoppage, he'd be on ESPN right now and all those guys would be saying what a genius pick by Marv. If our run D was more discipline and stayed in their lanes and our offense didn't become conservative, there is no way we lose this game. I mean for their first action they played very well; you can't expect them to be Pro Bowlers right out the gate.

768088[/snapback]

Good points. These rookies held up fine and when the defense starts playing more team defense they will be very solid.

Better check the tape.

768175[/snapback]

I think that this reply, could be one of two things. It is either a compliment to Simpon's speed and play making ability, or it is a good interpretation of how our defensive line and linebackers played.