Today's Buffalo News NFL Preview

Lori

Looking at the print edition right now; hopefully they'll post the majority of it on their site. Opened up to page 3 to find a story about "FANDEMONIUM" (Bills die-hard fans), featuring a six-column reprint of the photo BUFFALOBART took at the wedding a couple of years ago and a sidebar on 'Pinto Kenny'. (Hey Ken, Gaughan did get the quote right... ;) )

More quotes from some familiar faces around these parts, and a good pic of Nick in England (and friends) on page 5. Pick it up if you get a chance...

Looking at the print edition right now; hopefully they'll post the majority of it on their site. Opened up to page 3 to find a story about "FANDEMONIUM" (Bills die-hard fans), featuring a six-column reprint of the photo BUFFALOBART took at the wedding a couple of years ago and a sidebar on 'Pinto Kenny'. (Hey Ken, Gaughan did get the quote right... ;) )

More quotes from some familiar faces around these parts, and a good pic of Nick in England (and friends) on page 5. Pick it up if you get a chance...

763711[/snapback]

What? No pics/story about TBD?

Buffalo News sucks.

Great preview section - should be good for at least a couple days of bathroom reading! (The best, most focused kind of reading, I think.)

I know that Greg Connors got a lot of info from folks on this board for his most excellent article on out of town bars, "Fans show long-disance appreciation". Unfortunately, the whole article doesn't show up in the online version (link on TBD home page), but I know Greg and I communicated several times, and I'll guess that Nick furnished him the photo from abroad.

Good job, Greg - thanks.

Good to see Ralph still has his sense of humor. This is from Sullivan's column. Mike Williams, what a dog (no offense to dogs).

"People say we reached for Whitner," Wilson said. "This guy is a player. He likes the game. He is not Mike Williams."

Wilson won't soon forget Williams, perhaps his biggest draft bust. Williams was placed on season-ending injured reserve last week by the Jaguars for a bad back. Wilson recalled meeting one-on-one with Williams a few years back, when Williams was unwilling to practice due to personal problems.

"He told me he was depressed," Wilson said. "I said, "You're depressed? That makes two of us.' "

Good to see Ralph still has his sense of humor. This is from Sullivan's column. Mike Williams, what a dog (no offense to dogs).

763818[/snapback]

I was just about to post this too....that is one of the greatest quotes I have read in a while

Honestly, that WAS superb, because it could have been any one of us saying the same thing!  :P

763832[/snapback]

Exactly! Ralph was speaking like a real fan when he said that. Who knows what the record will be this year but the team is reconnecting with what made them so successful with the fans long ago.

Our very own AKC is the lead subject in one of the articles with quotes galore. I'm very surprised he didn't break down the intricacies of how a back-up linemen uses his index finger poorly or well, but it pumped me up for the season.

763878[/snapback]

I guess my best stuff was a little racy for the reporter, but they did allow this regarding SoCal Sports Bar behavior:

"Bills, Bears, Green Bay, Cleveland and Pittsburgh fans usually are ordering a beer or Bloody Mary as soon as the bar offers it, in most cases about 9:15-9:30 a.m.," Graves said. "On the other hand, Miami, New England, Jets or most other Eastern start fans get heavy into the neutered coffees or sodas until the game is well under way."

I guess my best stuff was a little racy for the reporter, but they did allow this regarding SoCal Sports Bar behavior:

"Bills, Bears, Green Bay, Cleveland and Pittsburgh fans usually are ordering a beer or Bloody Mary as soon as the bar offers it, in most cases about 9:15-9:30 a.m.," Graves said. "On the other hand, Miami, New England, Jets or most other Eastern start fans get heavy into the neutered coffees or sodas until the game is well under way."

764552[/snapback]

The Sheryl Crow line was mine.

Fans show long-distance dedication

764552[/snapback]

i had a feeling that was you...nice stuff...

They mention McFadden's in NYC, but no shout out to the midget and the tall guy who run the Bills Backers up there? Great guys, and a nice organization they have there. I look forward to one day going to the Bills @ Jets game and hanging w/ the NYC backers again.

Jimmy organized a bus trip for the Ravens game in '04.......yeah, but who organized two tailgates for games in Baltimore, and another upcoming this year?

Actually, I like Jimmy, and he's a diehard fan. Great wings and beef on a weck @ his place, too.