Youboty

eball

Don't know how many of you caught the article on the Bills' site (it's on the front page right now), but Youboty changed his number to 26 in a tribute to his mother who just died of cancer. The family is from Liberia and the 26th is that country's independence day.

He sounds like a pretty well-grounded kid; easy to root for.

Don't know how many of you caught the article on the Bills' site (it's on the front page right now), but Youboty changed his number to 26 in a tribute to his mother who just died of cancer.  The family is from Liberia and the 26th is that country's independence day.

He sounds like a pretty well-grounded kid; easy to root for.

763260[/snapback]

he wore 26 in college, and wanted the number all along, but Baker wouldnt cough it up. lucky for ashton he didnt have to give up any dough to get his number.

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=309

I am so glad this man is on our team. Hearing what he has done for his family, the way he is looking out for his siblings, and the attitude he has in handling all was refreshing. He is totally representative of the character that Marv has always looked for in his players. If the reports of his talent are accurate he could be a great player and member of the community. You get enough players like that on your roster and good things come from it.

He is from down here outside of Houston and went to the same high school that my daughter just graduated from. He is like a legand at the school. And more importantly it sounds like his education extended beyond math and english. Good for him.

He's a phenomenal player. Watching him play at the collegiate level just shows the hard work and dedication he put in to playing. We'll be fine when Nate is gone, because this kids fast and he's got heart, sweat, and blood coming out of every pore.

I hope he sees these posts and knows that Buffalo is a welcome home for the guy.

You really have to root for him, and this is one guy that we could easily imagine giving the Bills a hometown discount when his contract is up if he turns out to be a player. Few if any players actually do that, but the amount of respect and caring that the Bills front office showed during this probably has a place in the kid's heart for a long time. I'm not sure a lot of teams would give a 3rd round pick three weeks off at this point in the pre-season. Good job Marv and Dick.

You really have to root for him, and this is one guy that we could easily imagine giving the Bills a hometown discount when his contract is up if he turns out to be a player. Few if any players actually do that, but the amount of respect and caring that the Bills front office showed during this probably has a place in the kid's heart for a long time. I'm not sure a lot of teams would give a 3rd round pick three weeks off at this point in the pre-season. Good job Marv and Dick.

763386[/snapback]

I hadn't even thought of that. Good Point about winning a place in his heart. Under TD with either Mularkey or Williams there probably would have been a lot of public sabre rattling in the media, with Williams possibly even fines for missing such an extended period of time.

I wish Willis had this guy's character the Bills took a chance on him and paid him to rehab. Who knows how far he'd have fallen in the draft.

763386[/snapback]

I really doubt he'll come cheap if he succeeds as a Bill. He was really disappointed to be drafted where he was and get that lower salary. I suspect he and his family really needed the money. I just hope he does stick around when his contract is up if he turns out to be a stud.

It was a great, great article and something you just don't read that often on any NFL sight, let alone the Bills. Great handling of the situation by the staff, because it sets the tone for your employees. In my years as a boss, I always let the staff know: family first. We'll take care of everything else. Go take care of your family and come back when you're ready. If my family needs me, I'm bailing on you, so you should know you can do the same with the rest of us.

No one ever abuses that privilege because it doesn't exist in a lot of places.

A terrific read. I hope some of his teammates read it.