Ridiculous Comment !!

On the contrary actually. I'm not sure where his Os that he ran for Pittsbursgh finished ranked in the NFL, but generally, I think that folks felt they were an issue which had to be planned for when you faced Pitts. 

762928[/snapback]

Actually, the year we hired him as our HC, the Steelers and their fans wanted to get rid of him as their OC....They actually hated his penchant for running trick plays more than pounding the ball down the ground in the usual steeler fashion.

Bettis had two horrible season with Mularkey as the head coach...He did the same thing as in buffalo...took bettis off on 3rd downs.....Also, I think the credit for

reviving Maddox career is over blown....

Stupid Orlando Sentinel.  They will feel shame.

Miami will lose tomorrow, then get blown out by the Bills next Sunday.

They will wonder what the hell - if anything - goes on in Mularkey's brain.

Stupid Sentinel.

762825[/snapback]

The last time I looked Nick Saban was Miami's HC, not Mularkey. Mularkey will be kept in check by Saban-he will not have free reign to ruin Miami like he did with the Bills.

The last time I looked Nick Saban was Miami's HC, not Mularkey.  Mularkey will be kept in check by Saban-he will not have free reign to ruin Miami like he did with the Bills.

763007[/snapback]

Miami fans had best hope you are correct, but - as a Bills' fan - I say, "Go ahead Mike...call whatever you like...have a field day!"

Hopefully, Saban won't decide to 'reign him in' until week 3.

Stupid Mularkey.

I watched some games with the local Bill's Backers last year at Mony's - this year they will be at Piper's Bar & Grill  at Conway and Curry Ford. I plan on being there Sunday to watch us beat the Pat's.

762935[/snapback]

I've never been there though I have gone to Devaney's on University & Goldenrod for years. Even when others don't get games, like for instance that Buffalo vs. Jacksonville that was blacked out, they seem to find a way. I have the Ticket but I may have to check out a game or two at Pipers this season just to check it out.

We didnt try to run him off--that was a broken play.

He was supposed to be pitched to Marv Levy on the end-around who would hand it off to Ralph Wilson who would run up to the line of scrimmage then lateral him to Ed Kilgore, but Ed was off the field on 3rd down for some stupid reason.

The only way we rue the day is if Jauron turns out to be a bad HC which is quite doubtful as he has gotten the NFL Coach of the year once and this will mark the 3rd time he was hired as an HC counting his interim gig last year.

I think MM actually brings a lot to the table in Miami.  A consistent area of unique great production on his part has been the ability to revive failed QBs under his reign as OC and HC.  Once with Kordell might be luck and twice with maddox might be coincidence, but he and Clements got far better production out of Bledsoe in 04 than his horrendous year under Kevin Killdrive and GW in 03.

By limiting Bledsoe's ability to audible, diversifying the gameplan, by using his limited ability to run as best they could and by using his good ability to run fakes, they reduced his sack total and revived his game.

Though I think the Fins will fall apart for multiple other reasons, i suspect and expect MM to be quite good stepping down from HC to OC.

Nevertheless since I completely exoect Jauron to be a competent HC and think that Fairchild also brings a lot to the table having learned at Martz's knee, knowing the Bills by being RB coach here and having done this before as an interim oC when Martz took ill and folks moved up a notch for St. L as far as coaching responsibility I doubt we rue the day MM left.

762854[/snapback]

Isn't that like winning the Grammy for 'Best New Artist'.

Please. Jauron had One good year has a head coach and the rest he crapped the bed. So let's not make it seem like he has a great resume. He is just another retread coach with a sub .500 record (.432 to be exact) until he proves otherwise. ;)

Isn't that like winning the Grammy for 'Best New Artist'.

Please. Jauron had One good year has a head coach and the rest he crapped the bed. So let's not make it seem like he has a great resume. He is just another retread coach with a sub .500 record (.432 to be exact) until he proves otherwise.  :P

763647[/snapback]

So was Lindy Ruff, not too long ago. :P (and Bill Belichek for that matter)