I get the feeling that Steve Foley....

Bill from NYC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Diego police are pretty quick with the fire arms. They shot and killed another guy this morning. When in San Diego, comply with the officer's wishes because they shoot first and ask questions later.

762050[/snapback]

Sounds like the case (in California, I think??) where the woman was shot around 40 times w/ her hands still on the steering wheel.

San Diego police are pretty quick with the fire arms. They shot and killed another guy this morning. When in San Diego, comply with the officer's wishes because they shoot first and ask questions later.

762050[/snapback]

Alleged proclivity to shoot or not, what reasonable man would not comply with a request of a police officer?

Folks who simply say "all right", shrug the shoulders, and save the vitriol for later seldom need to worry about getting plugged.

Pretty simple. I'd say... :(

Edited by stuckincincy

Alleged proclivity to shoot or not, what reasonable man would not comply with a request of a police officer?

Folks who simply say "all right", shrug the shoulders, and save the vitriol for later seldom need to worry about getting plugged.

Pretty simple. I'd say... :(

762075[/snapback]

Yes, it's that simple ! Compliance > shot

First off, the reason the homicide division is investigating it is because the case involves an officer related shooting. It's standard practice here.

Also, what was left out of the ESPN article is that Foley pulled over prior to getting to his neighborhood and after the cop ID'ed himself, he started moving toward him. The cop pulled out his gun and Foley stated something like 'Ah, that aint no gun...it's a BB gun' and proceeded back to his car and drove off. Also, one should note that his female aquaintance was arrested for possession of drugs.

If, as suspected, he was under the influence, and his actions were as the officer described, the cop is perfectly justified in doing what he did. I find it interesting that AJ Smith is not going to pay him his salary because of the information the police gave him.

First off, the reason the homicide division is investigating it is because the case involves an officer related shooting. It's standard practice here.

Also, what was left out of the ESPN article is that Foley pulled over prior to getting to his neighborhood and after the cop ID'ed himself, he started moving toward him. The cop pulled out his gun and Foley stated something like 'Ah, that aint no gun...it's a BB gun' and proceeded back to his car and drove off. Also, one should note that his female aquaintance was arrested for possession of drugs.

If, as suspected, he was under the influence, and his actions were as the officer described, the cop is perfectly justified in doing what he did. I find it interesting that AJ Smith is not going to pay him his salary because of the information the police gave him.

762279[/snapback]

Doesn't internal affairs look at this as well ?