Najah Davenport

marck

Let me first say that I am not a poster who generates topics each and every time a "name" player is available.

However, we should bring in ex-Packer's running back Najah Davenport. He is a big guy with some speed and could fill the hole we have at fullback behind Shelton.

Just wanted to guage the interest in the fan base so please let me know what you think.

Let me first say that I am not a poster who generates topics each and every time a "name" player is available.

However, we should bring in ex-Packer's running back Najah Davenport.  He is a big guy with some speed and could fill the hole we have at fullback behind Shelton.

Just wanted to guage the interest in the fan base so please let me know what you think.

761996[/snapback]

I think the Bills should bring him in for a try out as a gift to TBD. This could provide fodder for at least a week..

However, we should bring in ex-Packer's running back Najah Davenport.  He is a big guy with some speed and could fill the hole we have at fullback behind Shelton.

761996[/snapback]

We definitely need a fullback. One is not enough, especially when he's pushing 34.

Ricard must have not impressed anyone.

We definitely need a fullback. One is not enough, especially when he's pushing 34.

Ricard  must have not impressed anyone.

762021[/snapback]

Ricard's been battling chronic injuries. It was worth taking a flyer on him, but it seems like the guy's never going to return to his old form.

I am intrigued by Davenport. He always had a lot of buzz as Ahman Green's backup, and promptly got hurt when he had the chance. He's decent out of the backfield, can block, and can run. The dump in a closet issue probably costs him in Marv's mind, and it's not really a pressing need. But maybe if someone got hurt, we'd take a look.

761996[/snapback]

I would not pick him up. He is an underachiever with character issues. Not that he might not have a few gallons in the tank, I just don't see him as a a good fit for the team.

Not to mention that he's really a tailback and not a fullback, although they tried to force him into being one.

762026[/snapback]

Wasn't he Jamal Lewis' fullback when Lewis was ripping off yards like they were nothing?

Wasn't he Jamal Lewis' fullback when Lewis was ripping off yards like they were nothing?

762031[/snapback]

Ricard was, yes. But Davenport is a RB that the Packers tried to force into being a FB because he was pretty big but mostly because he was pretty good and Ahman Green was ahead of him and they wanted to get him on the field. But I don't think he blocks all that well. He's much more of a RB than FB. I was responding to the fact that people were saying to bring in Davenport to back-up Shelton, which isn't much of a possibility. Although I suppose we could say that Burns was a RB, too. They kept Burns, however, as a stopgap FB and really because of his ST abilities.

Ricard was, yes. But Davenport is a RB that the Packers tried to force into being a FB because he was pretty big but mostly because he was pretty good and Ahman Green was ahead of him and they wanted to get him on the field. But I don't think he blocks all that well. He's much more of a RB than FB. I was responding to the fact that people were saying to bring in Davenport to back-up Shelton, which isn't much of a possibility. Although I suppose we could say that Burns was a RB, too. They kept Burns, however, as a stopgap FB and really because of his ST abilities.

762034[/snapback]

Oh my fault. I was thinking Davenport was an RB also.

Fullbacks are not that high priority of a position, if shelton goes down a tight end fills in for the rest of the game, and you sign one off the list off free agents, Half way decent one arent that hard to find and the playcalling for a fullback isnt rocket science, and the pass routes are pretty simple. Depth is much more important to have elsewhere like defensive back and WR, because there are formations with 4 and 5 on the field and they are more likely to get nicked up

Ricard  must have not impressed anyone.

762021[/snapback]

You're assuming the Bills plan on using enough two-back sets to need that second FB. Based on what we've seen so far in camp/preseason, I'm not sure that's going to happen.