Hillary thinking about dropping out of 2008?

/dev/null

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2340352,00.html

Hope so, because if she runs she will win the Democratic primary. If she wins the Democratic primary that all but guarantees another Republican win in 2008

The Democrats really need to realize the old school northeastern liberals aren't going to win in the south and have a 50/50 shot in the midwest. If they want to compete they have to nominate a moderate/conservative from the south

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2340352,00.html

Hope so, because if she runs she will win the Democratic primary.  If she wins the Democratic primary that all but guarantees another Republican win in 2008

The Democrats really need to realize the old school northeastern liberals aren't going to win in the south and have a 50/50 shot in the midwest.  If they want to compete they have to nominate a moderate/conservative from the south

760375[/snapback]

It wasn't that long ago that Hillary was from Arkansas. :wub:

Actually, I wouldn't go nearly as far to say she isn't electable.

Hillary has been moving toward the center in order to prepare for a run, and you can see its effects are actually improving her.

Back in 2005 you were looking at 55-35 McCain. Now you're looking at a 2%-7% margin for McCain.

It'll be closer then you think.

It wasn't that long ago that Hillary was from Arkansas.  :D

Actually, I wouldn't go nearly as far to say she isn't electable. 

Hillary has been moving toward the center in order to prepare for a run, and you can see its effects are actually improving her.

760393[/snapback]

How frightening is that? Someone can just morph into whatever they think will get them elected and it actually works!

"I didn't like Hillary before, but she's really made sense the last six months so maybe she should be president."

:wub:

Man, maybe this whole "democracy" thing isn't going to work out after all. Maybe we should just close America for a couple months until we come up with something new. How 'bout we use that giant wheel from The Price is Right to make all our decisions?

The Republicans have had almost 8 years of unbridled power in the White House and legislative branches. We went from peace, prosperity and a respected place in the world to being pretty much a pariah, war, and at atmosphere where people hate and fear those, in our own country, who differ from us. So much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I'd vote for Mr. Ed if he could turn it around. He'd dead, but would be an improvement against most politicians today. I used to like McCain but in selling out to his party he's become more despicable than most. Yuck. Just thinking about it makes me feel unclean.

I'd vote for Mr. Ed if he could turn it around.

And in an interesting twist of fate, Mr. Ed has probably voted in several recent elections....

I watched Fox News Sunday (or whatever its called) this morning. They had Libby Dole and Chuck Schumer on. What a Joke. Try to pin Libby Down, and she refused to answer the question, relying on a smile and a giggle and then go some other direction and not answer. Cut to Schumer. Same old democratic rhetoric. "We have a plan" "Free Prescription Drugs" "Cheaper College Tuition" ...yada yada yada. How do you pay for that Chuckie? Smirking and taking obvious pride in the failures of the current regime arent helping any either.

Both politcal parties are in chaos right now. No direction or leadership on EITHER side. Both sides are focused on winning and (even more alarming) causing the other party to fail, which does America 0 (zero) good.

I tend to agee with what conservatives say, but little of what they have done in the past 8 years. The problem is that I dont trust the democrats, and dont agree with their positions, and dont know what they heck they would do if they were in office. Perhaps they "Wouldnt be Bush", which is nice...but its not any position to base an election on. If I honestly felt that democratic leadership would not do the following 3 things, I would vote for them in 06 and 08.

1) Cut and run in Iraq and take the opposite extreme of "not having a plan"

2) Raise Taxes and increase social programs (i.e. Free prescription drugs)

3) Nominate Judges in the mold of Ruth Bader Ginsberg

But the reality is, they will do all 3 of those and more. Sad Country.

If I was gonna post something on Drudge, I would have posted this and asked anyone who may be in the area to take plenty of pictures :wub:

760608[/snapback]

Im just messing with you. I like drudge. While some stories he posts turn out to be wrong, he doesnt make anythign up. He posts stories before they can be verified. Which mean you need to know that and take them with a grain of salt. It also means you get breaking news first. Just need to know what you are dealing with. Kinda like network news. If they say they are biased I can deal with it. If they try to be partial while an obvious bias is present...we have an issue.

Hillary Clinton will.....lie about anything.  She'll never be elected President because no one believes a word out of her mouth.

She IS running for President in 2008.  The news article link just keeps her name in the press.  Cynical, really.

760748[/snapback]

You're quite confused about how all this politics stuff works, aren't you? :w00t:

The Republicans have had almost 8 years of unbridled power in the White House and legislative branches.  We went from peace, prosperity and a respected place in the world to being pretty much a pariah, war, and at atmosphere where people hate and fear those, in our own country, who differ from us.  So much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

760588[/snapback]

Sorry, but we're in a different world after 9/11. That one event resulted in an almost instantaneous change in how we view ourselves and the world. Beauracracies like our government have no ability to change that fast. You can argue with the Republican administration about their policies, but you can not argue the FACT that we have not been hit in THIS country since 9/11.

So while you worry about what France, Iran, and whatever 3rd world dictatorship you choose thinks of the US, I'm thankful that we're taking the fight to those terrorist bastards.

RTB

The Republicans have had almost 8 years of unbridled power in the White House and legislative branches.  We went from peace, prosperity and a respected place in the world to being pretty much a pariah, war, and at atmosphere where people hate and fear those, in our own country, who differ from us.  So much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

760588[/snapback]

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Soundbyte! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

What will really pi$$ me off if she makes a presidential bid, is the fact that she is currently running around trying to convince NY voters to pick her as our rep for the senate. "I'll represent you for six years..... or until I find something better"

Nothing but a f'n snake.

Sorry, but we're in a different world after 9/11. That one event resulted in an almost instantaneous change in how we view ourselves and the world. Beauracracies like our government have no ability to change that fast. You can argue with the Republican administration about their policies, but you can not argue the FACT that we have not been hit in THIS country since 9/11.

So while you worry about what France, Iran, and whatever 3rd world dictatorship you choose thinks of the US, I'm thankful that we're taking the fight to those terrorist bastards.

RTB

760906[/snapback]

We were in a different world before 9-11 too. But our leaders had their heads buried too deep in their illusion of "peace and prosperity" to notice.

The Republicans have had almost 8 years of unbridled power in the White House and legislative branches. 

760588[/snapback]

I've never seen anyone round up from 6 to 8. Technically, Bush isn't even halfway through his second term.

We went from peace, prosperity and a respected place in the world to being pretty much a pariah, war, and at atmosphere where people hate and fear those, in our own country, who differ from us. 

760588[/snapback]

Where did we go "from prosperity"? Are we all poor now? In the last 6 (or, um, 8?) years, on the list of wealthy nations in the world, we dropped from no.1 all the way down to no.1. OK, I guess that's not a drop but then 6 isn't 8 so who cares? The economy is doing really well, even if most Americans are convinced it's horrible for some reason.

So much for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

760588[/snapback]

Yes, thanks to the Republicans, there is no such thing as life and liberty. And I haven't even tried to be happy in months.

RTB

760906[/snapback]

W, you know you're not supposed to be posting Republican talking points on an internet forum! Get back to playing with your rubber bands!