Coach Chuck Dickerson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, what did he do, sleep with your wife?

759680[/snapback]

Worse, he sounds just like her when I've woken with a hang over and she's yapping about this or that.

I'm just glad he isn't on in afternoon when I drive home. He was nothing but a loud mouth rabble rouser. He took the fun out of it. Sports is suppose to be fun, he just wanted to create anger. Reminds me of that idiot Rush Limbo

I hate that guy.

759753[/snapback]

He was ok when he first started, but went downhill when he started indiscriminately bashing the Bills. It was funny at times, because one day he'd say one thing, then next day he go off on the exact opposite. Then every time a caller parroted something he had said earlier, he would treat them like football geniuses.

Levy replacing Donohoe is generally considered as an upgrade in public relations, but I remember a time when Marv unveiled a board with Dickerson's record ( as a defensive

assisstant ?) at some obscure Illinois school.

Can you imagine Donahoe trying that ? Say what you want about Chuck, but he he did make for interesting times. I often wonder if they know whether "it's pumped or if it's stuffed" some days.

And whether Melvin Fowler "has enough sand in his bucket ".

He was ok when he first started, but went downhill when he started indiscriminately bashing the Bills. It was funny at times, because one day he'd say one thing, then next day he go off on the exact opposite. Then every time a caller parroted something he had said earlier, he would treat them like football geniuses.

759759[/snapback]

He wasn't contradictory, he had a lot of negative opinions and a lot of positive opinions. This is a problem for a lot of people who can't separate the good from the bad with regard to the team. Example: Aaron Schobel is a good player, Bennie Anderson is a POS. He'd also praise management and coaches for what they did well, and call them out for what they didn't do well, which really confused a lot of square heads who couldn't digest the concept of strengths and weaknesses.

One thing you are right about though, he did praise a lot of goofy callers for just parroting his opinion. It was funny to hear the people who would call in to complain about specific player performance as if they had seen it, when they hadn't even watched the game. But the best was the blind guy who would call in and critique the players, as if he had a first hand opinion. :w00t: The reality is that there tends to be a very high percentage of unemployable malcontents calling in to talk shows and without them filling in time, there is no show, so they tend to get catered to by the hosts.

Compare The Coach to what goes on over at WGR now. Do they do draft profiles and interviews for some 40 or so players ? Do they have interesting cronies they can lean on for call outs ?

Don't make me come on over and demonstrate my man love for Chuck. Really. NO one wants to see me demonstrate man love.

I like Dickerson ... I dont always agree with him, but at least he states his opinion with authority.

Not to mention this statistic:

NFL Coaching Experience:

Coach Dickerson: many

The rest of us: none

Coached team that went to SB

Coach Dickerson: 2 SB's with the Bills I believe

The rest of us: none