Coach Chuck Dickerson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Dickerson ... I dont always agree with him, but at least he states his opinion with authority.

Not to mention this statistic:

NFL Coaching Experience:

Coach Dickerson: many

The rest of us: none

Coached team that went to SB

Coach Dickerson: 2 SB's with the Bills I believe

759969[/snapback]

I can care less about that. The guy is a jack ass. Nothing will change that. Also, I'd point out, the stupid jerk's expereience sure helped him get a job in the NFL after Marv told him to go away

Ask me how I feel about Bill Billichick ... that doesnt make him a bad coach.

760021[/snapback]

Well, I'm not sure who Bill Billlichick is, but it's not really a good analogy - a better one might be, "Ask Parcells how he feels about Bill Belichick," no? 'Cause it doesn't really matter how you feel about Belichick, or how I feel about Pigface.

My point was that Levy fired Pigface, and can't stand the guy - Levy thought Pigface was a bad coach!

I like Dickerson ... I dont always agree with him, but at least he states his opinion with authority.

Not to mention this statistic:

NFL Coaching Experience:

Coach Dickerson: many

Coached team that went to SB

Coach Dickerson: 2 SB's with the Bills I believe

759969[/snapback]

So, why didn't he get hired after Marv booted him?

I agree with a lot of people that he started off alright (of course I was really young, so I might not remember correctly). But think about it. The guy got fired from the Bills, hasn't gotten a big time job since, and you honestly believe he is gonna be a fair judge of the team? :doh: I think it would be hard for anyone to do.

I decided I was finished listening to his nonsense when he was ripping DJ for being boring and not a guy you would follow into battle. Last time, i recalled Bill Belchik isn't exactly a ball of fire and that turned all right for the Pats. Moron. :w00t:

So, why didn't he get hired after Marv booted him?

I agree with a lot of people that he started off alright (of course I was really young, so I might not remember correctly).  But think about it.  The guy got fired from the Bills, hasn't gotten a big time job since,

760055[/snapback]

Chuck's not a young guy, and not the most healthy. He goes back to Marv's Alouette days in the 70's CFL . He did want the Buffalo Arena Football job, if memory serves, but he really had a dream job bellowing on WGR. More to the point would be why he hasn't got a big time radio gig since. Everybody else seems to kick around the Buffalo dial.

He blows, hard.

760079[/snapback]

Wade Phillips thought so too...

WADE'S WITTICISMS:

"Chuck Dickerson has been all over my case the past two weeks about my coaching abilities. This fat cat and ex-Bills coach doesn't know the difference between a football and a golf ball! If we followed any of his football schemes, we'd be winless now. This loud mouth has as much football expertise as my little finger. He's criticized my naming Doug Flutie the starter for the remainder of the year. Doug earned that promotion. Sure, his play has gone south the past two games, but I have full confidence that he'll rebound and lead us into the promised land. No matter what we do, he'll be criticizing my coaching. Marv Levy put Dickerson in his place a couple years ago. I remember his MAXIM well. Marv came to the podium that day sporting his green elf outfit like he always wore to festive occasions. He told you reporters, 'Chuck Dickerson isn't at all what I said the other night on the Marv Levy show. He isn't a buffoon at all, but a scholarly gentleman. That reference to him as 'Tokyo Rose' was only a little jesting on my part. He has made some idiotic statements on the radio, however. This I can blame on his upbringing. He couldn't help it if he was raised in a pig sty. As for his limp, the sorry sucker stepped on a land min in 'Nam. Give the man credit - he was just trying to save his baloney sandwich he had dropped when he was running from the enemy.' Marv always had a special place in his heart for Chuck. As far as I'm concerned, he's a terrible radio host. He's rude, obnoxious, slanderous and overwhelming. And those are his good points!"

--Buffalo Bills Coach Wade Phillips on the subject of radio commentator Chuck Dickerson - November 1998

Wade Phillips thought so too...

WADE'S WITTICISMS:

"Chuck Dickerson has been all over my case the past two weeks about my coaching abilities. This fat cat a

--Buffalo Bills Coach Wade Phillips on the subject of radio commentator Chuck Dickerson - November 1998

760101[/snapback]

Who else on radio, in what city, at what time, could draw that kind of fire ? It really was remarkable.

And that was a good team.

But none-the-less ... this arguing is doing nothing. I dont love the guy - but at the same time I would never call someone a waste of flesh and oxygen or say i hate them. I just wouldnt.

But besides that, he was obviously popular enough and drew a big enough audience to be on the radio or he would be fired. He had been gone for a few years and then he was welcomed back. Not because people hate him .... every single show he had, had a large number of calls and people who waited but never got on even in a hour show. If I remember right he had a group in the thousands called the "disciples" of Coach Dickerson or something.

But none-the-less ... this arguing is doing nothing. I dont love the guy - but at the same time I would never call someone a waste of flesh and oxygen or say i hate them. I just wouldnt.

But besides that, he was obviously popular enough and drew a big enough audience to be on the radio or he would be fired. He had been gone for a few years and then he was welcomed back. Not because people hate him .... every single show he had, had multiple calls and people who waited but never got on even in a hour show.

760155[/snapback]

Ya know, I didn't much like the people who called his show either. Wait, actually I hated them :w00t: