Buffalo, we're losing NFL NETWORK!!!!

BillBacker55

Has anyone else seen all the messages that TIme Warner is canceling the NFL Network?!  What a joke.  We need to rally and make sure they don't take our NFL games.  I called the 1-866-nflnetwork number and apparently, if enough of us B word, they will put it back on.  Call them and let them know that we want the channel!

759613[/snapback]

I live in NC and have called Time Warner every weekday for about a year now. All you'll get is: "We are currently in negotiations and hope to have something worked out soon!."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time warner extended their "blackout" of the Adelphia market until mid September now. I have a feeling they are close to a deal and don't want to piss folks off if they don't have to.

761180[/snapback]

Or they are starting to see people leaving them for DirecTV like I did.

There is nothing that can compete with DirecTV ...

760755[/snapback]

I agree. I realize some folks think it is overpriced and/or customer service sucks, but I've been a customer since '95 and now when I call them they seem to go out of their way to give me something. Just yesterday I called and they waived the $100 Superfan fee to see NFL games in HD.

I agree.  I realize some folks think it is overpriced and/or customer service sucks, but I've been a customer since '95 and now when I call them they seem to go out of their way to give me something.  Just yesterday I called and they waived the $100 Superfan fee to see NFL games in HD.

761202[/snapback]

You had to call them to waive the Superfan fee? :w00t:

Although their billing was a bit weird -- they charged me $33, gave me a $49 and $50 credit, then they billed me another $33 this month and will presumably do it again next month. Why didn't they just charge me $99 and credit me $99? Oh well, no big deal.

As you said though, their customer service is amazing -- and that's not just some inidividuals talking, they're ranked number one and have been for a long time by independent auditors (like JD Power). I know I've told the story before, but they accidentally blacked out the first period of the Wild/Ducks playoff game a few years back. I called them up the next day to complain (it truned out that was the only period they actually scored a goal in during the entire series. :doh: ) and the woman asked me what I thought would be fair compensation. I told her a $50 credit on my bill, and she said "Done." Cable on the other hand, I had to spend 2-5 hours/day on the phone for an entire MONTH to get them to properyl connect my broadband access, and once they finally figured out what they screwed up (even though I Told them the first day I called...) I asked what compensation I'd get for my time... She replied, "We won't charge you for the month you were without sergice." Gee, thanks. :w00t::w00t::):angry:

CW

Although their billing was a bit weird -- they charged me $33, gave me a $49 and $50 credit, then they billed me another $33 this month and will presumably do it again next month.  Why didn't they just charge me $99 and credit me $99?  Oh well, no big deal.

761221[/snapback]

I was kinda pissed because I got the Superfan package last year, but the Mix channel didn't work. It had the games displayed, but it was not interactive. It would just sit there playing some stupid background audio. I got a letter stating they screwed up and they'd send me a new box that would work and give me a credit.

I called to have it set up, and they did get me set up, but then I found out the box wasn't in HD, so it was worthless because I wasn't going to flip between receivers just to have the stupid feature. So immediately after I ordered it, I cancelled it.

My bad because I forgot about the extra HD channels, so I called this week to have Superfan restored, and they charged me the full $99 because "they are trying to get a handle on all the online people who are "working the system for free stuff every month."

I was going to tell her to !@#$ off since I've been with DirecTV since it started, but it's not like they think I'll cancel the service. You don't have NFL Sunday Ticket for 10 years and then suddenly cancel because of a hundred bucks.

I was kinda pissed because I got the Superfan package last year, but the Mix channel didn't work. It had the games displayed, but it was not interactive. It would just sit there playing some stupid background audio. I got a letter stating they screwed up and they'd send me a new box that would work and give me a credit.

I called to have it set up, and they did get me set up, but then I found out the box wasn't in HD, so it was worthless because I wasn't going to flip between receivers just to have the stupid feature. So immediately after I ordered it, I cancelled it.

My bad because I forgot about the extra HD channels, so I called this week to have Superfan restored, and they charged me the full $99 because "they are trying to get a handle on all the online people who are "working the system for free stuff every month."

I was going to tell her to !@#$ off since I've been with DirecTV since it started, but it's not like they think I'll cancel the service. You don't have NFL Sunday Ticket for 10 years and then suddenly cancel because of a hundred bucks.

761247[/snapback]

Honestly, you should probably just ask for Customer Retention (like you did for the TiVo) - I'd be surprised if they charged you for SuperFan if you did that. You don't usually even need to threaten to cancel - just explain the situation and I'm sure they'll hook you up.

I am a little worried that all the people taking advantage of things will ruin it for everyone though... I don't mind calling if I have a problem (like the blackout I mention above), but some of the posts you read are just downright dishonest.

Do you have one of the new HD-DVRs? Or you still have the HD-TiVo?

CW

Although their billing was a bit weird -- they charged me $33, gave me a $49 and $50 credit, then they billed me another $33 this month and will presumably do it again next month.  Why didn't they just charge me $99 and credit me $99?  Oh well, no big deal.

761221[/snapback]

Book-cooking?

Sounds like they are posting your 33 bucks as future income (makes things look rosy) and charging off the credit as some sort of expense. A sure sign of impending implosion... :w00t:

You had to call them to waive the Superfan fee?  :w00t:

761221[/snapback]

That's how mine showed up on the bill this month - $99 charge for SuperFan, then a $99 credit. Didn't have to call or anything. :w00t:

Do you have one of the new HD-DVRs?  Or you still have the HD-TiVo?CW

761270[/snapback]

Still have the HD-Tivo. The person on the phone said the new receivers are currently only available in Los Angeles and are scheduled for national release in early September. I'm not in that much of a hurry because I really rely on TIVO during the football season, and the season is too important to me to simultaneously introduce a new piece of PC-based recording equipment. I'd hate to find out I missed a game because the new receiver has a glitch.

OLN has hockey.  Now, while that's ok, its not NFL FOOTBALL!!  I can do without a sabres game, frankly but can we do without america's greatest sport?  You guys with dish are lucky but I'm stuck with time warner.  that's why we need to complain.

759632[/snapback]

America's favorite sport is true, but its one long angonizing tv commerical to watch a NFL game nowadays. Without TiVo, its painfull to sit thru 4 hours of a game. So much crap and not enough action. :w00t:

America's favorite sport is true, but its one long angonizing tv commerical to watch a NFL game nowadays. Without TiVo, its painfull to sit thru 4 hours of a game. So much crap and not enough action.  :w00t:

761635[/snapback]

That's why you join the chat room and talk with people during the commercials. :w00t:

Still have the HD-Tivo. The person on the phone said the new receivers are currently only available in Los Angeles and are scheduled for national release in early September. I'm not in that much of a hurry because I really rely on TIVO during the football season, and the season is too important to me to simultaneously introduce a new piece of PC-based recording equipment. I'd hate to find out I missed a game because the new receiver has a glitch.

761556[/snapback]

I'm in no rush to "upgrade" either... Although I might get one for my living room since my old series 1 DirecTiVo is starting to flake out. I could replace the harddrive (probably should...), but I might just get the new R20 since it'll probably record about 250 hours of SD programming.... And would make it easier to upgrade to an HDTV in the living room as well :w00t:

But for now, I prefer getting a couple locals from NYC and the rest from my antenna. Works out pretty slick.

CW