Buffalo, we're losing NFL NETWORK!!!!

BillBacker55

Has anyone else seen all the messages that TIme Warner is canceling the NFL Network?! What a joke. We need to rally and make sure they don't take our NFL games. I called the 1-866-nflnetwork number and apparently, if enough of us B word, they will put it back on. Call them and let them know that we want the channel!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else seen all the messages that TIme Warner is canceling the NFL Network?!  What a joke.  We need to rally and make sure they don't take our NFL games.  I called the 1-866-nflnetwork number and apparently, if enough of us B word, they will put it back on.  Call them and let them know that we want the channel!

759613[/snapback]

Do yourself a favor and get DirecTV. More channels, less expensive and you get both the NFL Network and OLN on the basic tier. Plus, they're giving a free Tivo receiver with new purchases.

Cable's days are over!

Do yourself a favor and get DirecTV. More channels, less expensive and you get both the NFL Network and OLN on the basic tier. Plus, they're giving a free Tivo receiver with new purchases.

Cable's days are over!

759630[/snapback]

You get OLN on the basic tier with Time Warner too. :)

Cable's days are over!

759630[/snapback]

Unfortunately, for those of us with no broadband alternative but Time Warner, cable's days are not over.

and as Bills fans, NFL Network is no big loss. You get to see all the games anyways and from what I've seen from watching NFL network a few times, you won't be missing much. They hardly ever talk about the Bills anyways. If Time Warner replaces that with another version of Empire, I bet most Buffalo fans wouldn't give a sh-- about NFL Network .

I am starting to really dislike NFL Network. While I admit, it's better than nothing at all (much like having WGR in NY is better than none in the south), it really is quite overrated. NFL Total Access might as well be renamed the Bill and TO show. They show more episiodes of Making the Squad than the WSOP, and they rarely talk about Buffalo. Not to mention their highlight show comes on at like 11:30 sunday night with Deion Sanders, ugggghhh.

IF not for the live NFL games this year, I wouldn't miss it at all...

I am starting to really dislike NFL Network. While I admit, it's better than nothing at all (much like having WGR in NY is better than none in the south), it really is quite overrated. NFL Total Access might as well be renamed the Bill and TO show. They show more episiodes of Making the Squad than the WSOP, and they rarely talk about Buffalo. Not to mention their highlight show comes on at like 11:30 sunday night with Deion Sanders, ugggghhh.

IF not for the live NFL games this year, I wouldn't miss it at all...

759639[/snapback]

Thats the problem. The have live games! I don't want to miss the thanksgiving game because of frickin' time wraner. I love NFL Films and they are constantly showing the Bills from the glory days. But all that aside, WE ARE LOSING GAMES! Enough said.

You can have cable for broadband but DirecTV for television.  I do it.

CW

759640[/snapback]

Not only that but you can bounce between broadband providers and keep your prices low....I know we get both Earthlink and TW here, and usually about the time that our promotional price on one finishes, the other is offering us a promotional price to sign up. As long as you get your e-mail elsewhere, it's seamless...just a different name on the broadband bill...

Buffalo News doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. 

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6368...y=Breaking+News

759653[/snapback]

Well they are not doing a very good job of advertising it because all I saw was the line about it going off tonight! They are extending it because Time Warner knows they are wrong and that if they pull NFL Netwoirk, they will lose a ton of customers. We need to pound the phones and let them know they can't take our NFL Network.

866NFLNETWORK. Call them and tell their people that we want the NFL network. (Its also fun to hear their side about how its only 8 primetime games...WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT!!!!)

(Its also fun to hear their side about how its only 8 primetime games...WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT!!!!)

760521[/snapback]

It's really fun listening to people complain, when there are two other alternatives available - Dish and DirecTV - where you'd get not only what you have now, but more, and for a cheaper price, not to mention not having to waste your time calling TW telling them that you want them to keep NFLN. :wub:

It's really fun listening to people complain, when there are two other alternatives available - Dish and DirecTV - where you'd get not only what you have now, but more, and for a cheaper price, not to mention not having to waste your time calling TW telling them that you want them to keep NFLN. :wub:

760530[/snapback]

I can't get my local channels with the dish or direct tv. If I get the NFL package with direct tv will I be able to see my Buffalo Bills every week even though the Bills are being played on my local channel?

:wub:

and as Bills fans, NFL Network is no big loss.  You get to see all the games anyways and from what I've seen from watching NFL network a few times, you won't be missing much.  They hardly ever talk about the Bills anyways.  If Time Warner replaces that with another version of Empire, I bet most Buffalo fans wouldn't give a sh-- about NFL Network .

759637[/snapback]

I diasgree. As a Bills fan , I'm also an NFL fan. I'm not just stuck in Billsville. The NFL is the greatest sports league,period. That's why I love NFL network. It's NFL football, 24/7. I can't get that by turning on ESPN. They might be talking baseball or NBA or tennis. NFL network is very professional and does a good job. And TW's propaganda that you seem to have bought is false. You will NOT see ALL the games. You will be unable to see live NFL games on Thursday and Saturdays for 8 weeks of the season. To have a primetime NFL game that you cannot watch because a cable company doesn't carry the channel is inexcusable. I do not miss Empire. They focused WAY too much on hockey, which is OK around playoff time,perhaps. But the rest of the season is just not relevant. In fact, you could make the case that the stanley cup is not relevant. Virtually no one watches, and most people couldn't name 3 players on a cup winning team. The NFL is the premier league, period. TW should step up to the plate and give people what they want- the network devoted to the worlds greatest sport.

I can't get my local channels with the dish or direct tv. If I get the NFL package with direct tv will I be able to see my Buffalo Bills every week even though the Bills are being played on my local channel?

760532[/snapback]

Can't guarantee it, but you SHOULD be able to since you're over 200 miles away from Buffalo (thus not part of the official Buffalo viewing area). In addition, since you're far away from regular locals, you will probably be eligable to receive the NYC locals from the satellite dish. I was able to confirm with Dish Network that you can get locals from the following cities: New York, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles and are actually entitlted to receive two for each network (ie: You could have LA and NY for NBC, Chicago and Denver for ABC, Chicago and NY for FOX, etc).

Does Direct TV Have OnDemand and also what HD channels does Direct TV have in the Buffalo area, I am thinking about switching...

DirecTV no longer has OnDemand because nobody used it when they did. IMHO, it's a stupid service if you have a DVR. If you want to watch something, record it, what's the big deal? Get the HD-TiVo and you can record 250 hours of regular programming, so space isn't even a concern.

As for HD channels, here's the list:

http://directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channel...assetId=1100084

They also carry special things in HD on channel 95. For example, during the hockey playoffs they carried the games from OLN in HD, and during preseason, carried several NFL Network games in HD on that channel.

Dish Network has the following:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/program...ing/index.shtml

CW