They Found Buckey?

true_blue_bill

Duh...

761093[/snapback]

It was a little long, so I shortened it for you.

I highly doubt the folks here on the board are afraid of Phillips right now. It's ok to be angry at a murderer, simply for the reason that they are an awful human being.

And my brother-in-law, who is a trooper in the Albany area knew Longobardo, so I'm sad for his loss in the form of a friend and co-worker too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, a tropper's death must be taken very seriously, and i feel sorry for his family and my friend used to live around the street from his house.

But, I'm sorry, some of you guys make me absolutely sick with some of these posts. Most of you guys have no reason to be getting upset about this troopers death; and the only reason some of you are getting upset and saying things like "!@#$ you Bucky" is only because you feel as though your safety has been jeoprodized.

So why don't all of you over fabricating individuals that are suddenly outraged by this troopers death, stop pretending like you feel sorrow for the trooper, and start realizing that it is in fact not the trooper you care about, but instead, you are worried about yourselves. No one is going to sit there and say "wow that person is a kitty for saying that they are scared". Stop acting outraged as though you even knew this guy existed before he was shot, and start acknowledging what your real problem is with bucky Phillips.

Not to insult, but this is just the way i see it. Atleast it was not dirogitory like the bow and arrow comment. Let the rage against me continue, because i don't think many will agree.

761093[/snapback]

What the hell is wrong with you?

Don't get me wrong, a tropper's death must be taken very seriously, and i feel sorry for his family and my friend used to live around the street from his house.

But, I'm sorry, some of you guys make me absolutely sick with some of these posts. Most of you guys have no reason to be getting upset about this troopers death; and the only reason some of you are getting upset and saying things like "!@#$ you Bucky" is only because you feel as though your safety has been jeoprodized.

So why don't all of you over fabricating individuals that are suddenly outraged by this troopers death, stop pretending like you feel sorrow for the trooper, and start realizing that it is in fact not the trooper you care about, but instead, you are worried about yourselves. No one is going to sit there and say "wow that person is a kitty for saying that they are scared". Stop acting outraged as though you even knew this guy existed before he was shot, and start acknowledging what your real problem is with bucky Phillips.

Not to insult, but this is just the way i see it. Atleast it was not dirogitory like the bow and arrow comment. Let the rage against me continue, because i don't think many will agree.

761093[/snapback]

You want the rage, here it comes. You question my feelings on this you !@#$ing ass-hole!?

My best friend and best man in my wedding is a Trooper who is working OT in the region helping in the search. I am good friends with no less then 5 Troopers via my best friend who are also working on the search.

Every time a Trooper gets shot, I get to wait to hear the names before I know if it's a friend of mine.

Now do I have your permission to have a !@#$ing feeling regarding this or am I just being dramatic you !@#$ing sh--.

761093[/snapback]

Most of us live nowhere near Ralph Phillips and the chances of a run-in with him are incredibly small. I'm not enormously worried about my safety when I read about him.

And you can't understand why anyone would be outraged that someone would ambush two police officers and shoot them with a high-powered rifle, killing one with a 13 month old child and putting the other in critical (now serious) condition after shooting him in the back? And the only reason that you can come up with why anyone would be outraged by this is that they're worried about their own self-preservation? Yeah, that makes sense. :w00t:

Then again, I always thought it was common sense to respect law enforcement for doing such difficult and dangerous jobs on our behalf. And I thought it was good old fashioned decency to care when they (or anyone) are ambushed and murdered.

But perhaps you are better qualified to explain the thought process of people on this message board than the people themselves are. Or maybe you're just full of crap.

761093[/snapback]

Pardon my french, but what a sad sack of sh*t you must be. You want to know who Trooper Longobardo was? He was the same cop who comes to your kid's school to talk about drugs. He is the same cop who's balls you might bust when you see him at Tim Hortons. He is the same cop who arrives at the scene of a car accident and calms your wife down because she is hysterical. He is the same cop who is a first responder and will give everything he has when you father is dying of a heart attack and then cry afterwards when it wasn't enough. He is the same cop who will risk his life, and the well being of his own family, to protect sad sacks of sh*t like yourself. There might be some scared people on this board, but the folks who can relate to the tragedy of losing Trooper Longobardo aren't among them.

Ungrateful !@#$? How so?

And what seems to be the problem with my post. Just because i am one of the only people around here who is willing to call people on what i believe smells like bullsh--, this means that i should automatically be ridiculed and be cursed at?

I think that people are only acting this way about the trooper because police are a symbol of security, and when that goes, or when that is threatened, i don't think people are really thinking about the trooper, instead i think that they are thinking squarely on behalf of themselves and their self image.

The bottom line is that if someone's death really meant something to the people that are posting stuff like this, they would keep it private.

P.S. This is not just directed at cable lady. I know i quoted her and that was just the first one that came to mind. I actually respect what cable lady has to say because of her seniority on the board, and her insights on football and personel. In that respect i misdirected the post, and i extend an apology for singling her out. No hard feelings.

761138[/snapback]

1. Nobody needs special credentials to mourn the loss of life.

2. Moral outrage is an earnest response when there are people out there willing to help a man who kills troopers.

3. Nice job with the Psycho-analysis there Freud.

4. If you have never loved a man or woman that served in the Troopers, or any law enforcement, you may not get it. Just sad.

5. Funny about what you think should be kept private after posting that crap. :w00t:

Ungrateful !@#$? How so?

I think that people are only acting this way about the trooper because police are a symbol of security, and when that goes, or when that is threatened, i don't think people are really thinking about the trooper, instead i think that they are thinking squarely on behalf of themselves and their self image.

761138[/snapback]

I didn't see it that way. I feel sorry for his family and it makes you realize how easy it can be for anyone of us to not be here tomorrow. And to think that Bucky--if he is the one who did this--could just shoot another human like that. What a low life.

Ungrateful !@#$? How so?

And what seems to be the problem with my post. Just because i am one of the only people around here who is willing to call people on what i believe smells like bullsh--, this means that i should automatically be ridiculed and be cursed at?

The bottom line is that if someone's death really meant something to the people that are posting stuff like this, they would keep it private.

P.S. This is not just directed at cable lady. I know i quoted her and that was just the first one that came to mind. I actually respect what cable lady has to say because of her seniority on the board, and her insights on football and personel. In that respect i misdirected the post, and i extend an apology for singling her out. No hard feelings.

761138[/snapback]

And all the people mourning Steve Irwin today are just projecting their fear of crocodiles... :w00t:

Geez, what an idiot.

2. Moral outrage is an earnest response when there are people out there willing to help a man who kills troopers.

4. If you have never loved a man or woman that served in the Troopers, or any law enforcement, you may not get it.  Just sad.

5. Funny about what you think should be kept private after posting that crap. :w00t:

761248[/snapback]

And X Benedict knows of what he speaks. He dad is a retired NYS trooper.

I agree - that was a crap post.

Bare with me people. Now i said some stupid things last night while i was in the middle of a battle with insomnia, and when i had a low tolerence for other peoples opinions and thoughts. Some of you may have been offended by what i said, actually i think most of you, and i would like an opportunity to clarify what i was saying and also try to help some of you understand where i was coming from.

exactly as I thought..Boondouche is a 19 year old kid, no clue...

761272[/snapback]

But first i must address this post which stuck out to me.

I may be age nineteen, but i have the maturity level of a 26 year old male. Trust me, it has been tested by experts. I believe that i am more of an !@#$ than a douche bag. I am also a full time student with a 3.9 GPA during the day, and i have a full time job at a warehouse during the night. I work probably just as much as you do and have quite a few responsibilities that some never have to deal with, and i have probably been through more sh-- than you. So don't question my ability to comprehend, analyze, or dispute anything that happens to me or around me. It's not a good idea. By saying stupid sh-- like that you are merely sounding almost as ignorant as my last two posts in this thread. I had been awake for 63 straight hours, What is your excuse?

I didn't see it that way. I feel sorry for his family and it makes you realize how easy it can be for anyone of us to not be here tomorrow. And to think that Bucky--if he is the one who did this--could just shoot another human like that. What a low life.

I never said that extending condolences to his family was wrong. But when i was discussing security i was not only talking about the physical security of the state of individual.

What i was addressing was the abstract idea of security, in a way, which i think you just played into my friend with the writing in bold. With the term security i was also discussing the security over life that we feel. We usually never think about death on a daily basis, and it usually takes something like this or 9/11 for us to realize the frailty of life and how easily it can be lost. Therefore everyone of our security has been challenged.

I still have not gotten any sleep, so try to fill in the blanks or message me if you can't figure out what i am trying to say, or just respond to this post.

You want the rage, here it comes. You question my feelings on this you !@#$ing ass-hole!?

My best friend and best man in my wedding is a Trooper who is working OT in the region helping in the search. I am good friends with no less then 5 Troopers via my best friend who are also working on the search.

Every time a Trooper gets shot, I get to wait to hear the names before I know if it's a friend of mine.

Now do I have your permission to have a !@#$ing feeling regarding this or am I just being dramatic you !@#$ing sh--.

I never said that those who know or are related to state troopers were in the wrong. Atleast i don't believe i did. I hope that you are taking my words out of context and that there is no bad blood here.

4. If you have never loved a man or woman that served in the Troopers, or any law enforcement, you may not get it. Just sad.

5. Funny about what you think should be kept private after posting that crap.

I received your PM, and i respected it. That's why i was so interested to see what you posted. You're right, i will never be able to understand the loss of a trooper from the perspective of those who know them personally, just like some people will never know what it is like to mourn from the perspective of an individual who lives on an army base, and a soldier is lost. You do know it from the trooper perspective, and there is no reason why you shouldn't mourn.

Once again you are right in the respect that no one needs special credentials to mourn. But some of the people are mistaking mourning for personal worry and the threat of "security" in the abstract sense. At least that is how i took it.

And all the people mourning Steve Irwin today are just projecting their fear of crocodiles... 

Geez, what an idiot.

Steve Irwin was an entertainer who was brought into our households on a weekly basis. Besides offering condolences to his family, is anyone truly mourning Irwin? How many people are claiming to be scarred because of Irwin's death?

I saw in a thread on the subject that a member fondly remembered the times that they and their son sat and watched Irwin and his show. IMO i don't think that the member is mourning Irwin, but instead is reminacing and missing the lost times that s/he and his son spent watching Irwin's show. Maybe he is, but that is because Irwin allowed for a connection between s/he and their son. In which case the person did in a way know Irwin.

I'm not sure if i said that very clearly, but if you think about it, i think you can touch on what i am thinking.

Pardon my french, but what a sad sack of sh*t you must be. You want to know who Trooper Longobardo was? He was the same cop who comes to your kid's school to talk about drugs. He is the same cop who's balls you might bust when you see him at Tim Hortons. He is the same cop who arrives at the scene of a car accident and calms your wife down because she is hysterical. He is the same cop who is a first responder and will give everything he has when you father is dying of a heart attack and then cry afterwards when it wasn't enough. He is the same cop who will risk his life, and the well being of his own family, to protect sad sacks of sh*t like yourself. There might be some scared people on this board, but the folks who can relate to the tragedy of losing Trooper Longobardo aren't among them.

See me as you wish, and your french is forgiven.

But I find it somewhat insulting to the individual who was there for the Christmas parties, personal memories, and the person who consolled, not the trooper who came home, after your father died of a heart attack, but the MAN who came home after his shift was over, that people drag this kind of thing out when mourning about the deaths of a loved one.

For those of you who truly know state troopers, as i do, and other members of the law enforcement community, as i do, you realize and know that they don't do it to be remembered or be heroes. They don't do it for the medals and they don't do it to be remembered in internet chat rooms that are mainly focussed on football. So why do we do it?

Last night, i was wrong. I am willing to admit it. You try staying sane after not sleeping for almost 3 days and having the worst craving for something you want, but you can't have it. I think my posts last night mainly derived from my fear of police officers, but then i started thinking about humanity and human beings. The truth of the matter is that he was probably a person too, with a family and all the other sh-- that people have to go through in life. It was actually the last two lines of X Benedicts PM that turned my thinking around and that was just tonight when i got home from work. I extend my apologies to all, with the exception of one individual who seems to think that teenagers are mistake ridden individuals who are too immature for "grown up" talk.

Hopefully some of you read what i had to say in response to your responses to my ignorant posts. Perhaps some of you see where i am coming from, and you understand what i am trying to say. I know it is not clear in parts due to loss of sleep, but try.

I never said that those who know or are related to state troopers were in the wrong. Atleast i don't believe i did. I hope that you are taking my words out of context and that there is no bad blood here.

761852[/snapback]

The message behind my post stand regardless of whether I know Troopers or not because knowing a cop is not a qualifier for whether grief can be felt, as you stated.

Anywho, apology accepted. You admit you were wrong and I'll always accept that.

761093[/snapback]

People would be correct to live in fear in a society where police officers are murdered. You see, police officers are the people who enable you to sit in class and work at the warehouse. If it is easy to harm them, tell me....what chance on earth do YOU have? People SHOULD be scared for the safety of their loved ones.

Howard Stern once said that a proto-type police officer is a guy who is approx. 40, makes a lousy salary for the work he does, and has a wife who doesn't give him enough. Although said in jest, he did well to describe cops as humans, not TV show characters.

This police officer was killed doing his job. He probably kissed his wife and baby, only to go to work and die, this before getting his leg chopped off.

I salute this fallen comrade, and if I shed a tear it will be for him, his loved ones, and for society. He will not be around to see his baby grow up because of a scumbag who should have been dead decades ago.

My advice to you is use your head. If you are as smart and hard working as you say, you might want to exercise just a bit of restraint when talking to others that you do not know. Escape death once or twice....or dozens of times and THEN feel free to judge the loss of a police officer, and what said loss means to the better people in our society.

Btw, no hard feelings Kid. You don't understand, but maybe you will some day.