Sick of Henry

BuffalOhio

I'm sick of this guy. How many times this year has he fallen down at a crucial moment?

He cuts on the inside foot and falls down, too. He's a running back; how smart does he have to be? This is ridiculous!

To top it all off, he goes the wrong way on a mental error to cost the Bills a shot at the 4th and 2.

Sit his GD ass down for a half. I'm sick of this garbage!!!! Learn the playbook and stay on your feet, moron!!!

The thing that annoys me the most is his insecurity. On other teams, ones with a better "franchise" back than us...the #1 guy will come out of the game on occasion to get a breather, giving the back up a few carries a game. Henry is so insecure with his position he never takes himself out for a breather...no matter how tired he may be. I guess he thinks Willis may rip off a 40 yard run or something, I don’t know. So what we have is a first round draft pick who never gets on the field. The coaches need to start pulling Henry out here and there and giving WM some carries (even if its just 5-6 a game)...because he's never going to get any if we're waiting for Henry to pull himself out.

And yes, I too am tired of Henry tripping over himself and during the most critical parts of games.

I'm sick of this guy.  How many times this year has he fallen down at a crucial moment? 

He cuts on the inside foot and falls down, too.  He's a running back; how smart does he have to be?  This is ridiculous!

To top it all off, he goes the wrong way on a mental error to cost the Bills a shot at the 4th and 2. 

Sit his GD ass down for a half.  I'm sick of this garbage!!!!  Learn the playbook and stay on your feet, moron!!!

54747[/snapback]

Travis needs to put a few pounds back on. Quite a few. The guy has gone from 220 to about 185 soaking wet and he no longer packs any punch at the line. He did this in response to those who say he can't break the long runs, but despite being a little quicker, he still can't break the long runs. As Lori said in the parking lot today, you either have the quick twitch muscles or you don't, and he doesn't. What Travis HAD was supreme balance and an ability to slide off of DL and LB's and grind out tough yards. McGahee is not what he used to be and may never be, but he is a far, far better option in short yardage because he has about 40 pounds on Travis and has a knack for working thru the trash.

Travis needs to put a few pounds back on.  Quite a few.  The guy has gone from 220 to about 185 soaking wet and he no longer packs any punch at the line.  He did this in response to those who say he can't break the long runs, but despite being a little quicker, he still can't break the long runs.  As Lori said in the parking lot today, you either have the quick twitch muscles or you don't, and he doesn't.  What Travis HAD was supreme balance and an ability to slide off of DL and LB's and grind out tough yards.  McGahee is not what he used to be and may never be, but he is a far, far better option in short yardage because he has about 40 pounds on Travis and has a knack for working thru the trash.

54877[/snapback]

You know the other thing about McGahee in Short Yardage is the fact that most any NFL Defense will think he's getting the Ball EVERY time...I was thinking before the 4th and Goal at Oakland, if they put McGahee in at HB they could even naked Bootleg Bledsoe because that entire Raiders Defense would have been gunning for Willis. Play Action and dump it to the TE for an easy 6...whatever... Teams watch Film, they know Willis was very effective in Short yardage and Goal Line situations during the Pre Season. You have to be able to properly assume what your opponents will do...

Ah Fug it... :)

Travis needs to put a few pounds back on.  Quite a few.  The guy has gone from 220 to about 185 soaking wet and he no longer packs any punch at the line.  He did this in response to those who say he can't break the long runs, but despite being a little quicker, he still can't break the long runs.  As Lori said in the parking lot today, you either have the quick twitch muscles or you don't, and he doesn't.  What Travis HAD was supreme balance and an ability to slide off of DL and LB's and grind out tough yards.  McGahee is not what he used to be and may never be, but he is a far, far better option in short yardage because he has about 40 pounds on Travis and has a knack for working thru the trash.

54877[/snapback]

Good point.

Travis has heard he lacked explosiveness and that his career was going to be cut short because his body wouldn't be able to hold up against all the punishment he takes with his style of running. The Bills take another RB and Travis changes his body makeup and, to some extent, his running style. Now he's not as tough of a grinder as he used to be, and while he's faster, he still doesn't have the big-time speed.

And apparently Willis isn't ready. Surely he would see more playing time if he was truly ready. Right? I watch the Colts a lot and the difference between Edgerrin this year and Edgerrin last year is enormous. Maybe this is an injury that really takes two years to recover from. We'll see what Willis has next year, and while I expect his role to expand this year, I don't think (barring injury) Mularkey has big plans for Willis in 2004.

TH still weighs about 205- 210. His mental deficiencies should the cause of your frustration regarding his play this season. Going the wrong way on 2 important plays today was inexcuseable. Slipping on the turf on 3rd and 2 was likely also a mental error as he couldn't contain himself seeing that huge hole infront of him between RG and RT.

I'm sick of this bum. He never makes any big plays and now he is costing us big time by falling down twice in big situations the last two games and then he doesn't even know the play and goes the wrong way on 4th & 3. Can he be that dumb? He is a big part of the offense's problem. I say trade him right now and just give Willis the ball.