How soon after Losman returns

KRT88

Let's say he's back Nov. 1.

Bills may be 1-6, 2-5.

Exactly how long after he's back would you wait to start him?

He has got to get his feet wet sooner or later and we can all see that Bledsoe doesn't need to be here after this year.

Bills may be 1-6, 2-5.

He has got to get his feet wet sooner or later and we can all see that Bledsoe doesn't need to be here after this year.

54676[/snapback]

Simple. You don't. If the Bills are that far out of it by that point in the season, JP doesn't step onto the field. You don't risk the health of your future starting QB on a wasted season. If he hadn't broken his leg, it would be a different story. But he did. Which basically rules him out for this entire season.

He won't step on the field this year.

Bills may be 1-6, 2-5.

54676[/snapback]

Oct 31st against the cards.

He needs to play. Every QB goes through growing pains. Just because he was hurt once doesn't mean you treat him with kid gloves. If he's ready to play...play him.

Someone on this team needs to get some balls!

The minute his leg is determined to be as strong as it was before it was broken, you start him......assuming our record is still as embarrassing as it is now.

Bills may be 1-6, 2-5.

54676[/snapback]

I don't think I would risk it. Loseman played with a small-time school in a small-time conference, where he could and did free-wheel. If he has promise, I'd tend to do what Tenn. did with McNair when he came out of Alcorn State.

You don't. It's a catch-22. If we're still "in it" enough to care about the season, DB is doing a decent job. If we're so far out of it that MM has lost confidence in DB, it's not worth risking the injury.

I'd say let him take a few meaningless 4th quarters during the last 4 games of the season if it gets that bad.

if we're 1-6 OR 2-5, immediately. get him ready for next year, when we'll have better safeties and better Oline depth and hopefully ONE DE who can rush the passer.

i'm sick of brady's clean jerseys and lack of concussions.

If JP is healthy, has a couple of weeks of practice, and the Bills are out of it, he starts.

Put him on Jacksonville's 'Leftwich' plan from last year for the rest of the season.

If, by some miracle, the Bills decrease their idiotic mistakes and manage to win more than they lose before Losman comes back, keep Bledsoe in there and fight for a playoff spot.

Unfortunately for Drew, with 3 loses on the board, the time to cut bait is getting sooner and sooner.

Simple. You don't. If the Bills are that far out of it by that point in the season, JP doesn't step onto the field. You don't risk the health of your future starting QB on a wasted season. If he hadn't broken his leg, it would be a different story. But he did. Which basically rules him out for this entire season.

He won't step on the field this year.

54912[/snapback]

Come on Dude...This is NFL Football not pattycake-pattycake...If he's cleared to play, and he has a good enough grasp of the Offense, he should play...period...

Every Player risks injury the minute he walks on to an NFL Field. Potential injury is NEVER an excuse for a player to sit out unless it's Pre Season or a blow out...

I would love to hear what a guy like Bret Favre would say to the "hold him out so he don't get a boo-boo" theory...

No offense meant here cause you're not the only one with this opinion, and I understand your concern....But that's girly talk...And I guarantee you NFL Coaches and GM's do not think that way...The only reason JP gets held out is if they don't feel he has a good enough command of the Offense. Which is still a possibility I guess...

The last five games are against Miami, Cleveland, Bengals, San francisco and Pittsburgh, start working him in during Miami , Cleveland , and Bengal games and perhaps starts for the two last games. If they could get him in as a change of pace where mobility could be used work him in some earlier.

Actually its a blessing in disguies for JP to be out & not rushed in to the offense. Even though he's not playing now. He's on the sidelines learning the offense & the NFL game without the thought of maybe going in.

When he comes back, which will be alot sooner than everyone first estimated. He will get plenty of playing time. He will make some great plays this year, as well as, some unforced mental errors. Either way it will be a step in the right direction as soon as he steps on the field.

ASAP Let Losman get familiar with the offense and get a feel for his wide receivers. The kid wants to learn- teach him all you can this year. He will make his share of mistakes but those will make him better. Next year he will have that experience and he will inherit a team capable of the playoffs. Three TDs in 3 games-JP cannot do any worse. Get well JP- we need you!

I think he develops better as a contributor to the Bills over his career and as an nfl qb if he is simply our disaster qb and never plays at all this year

If he somehow shows in practice with MM and the Bills braintrust that even as a rookie he is the greatest rookie QB since Marino you obvously play him but given the shortcomings already seen in the game of someonw with Tulane level experience i think the following experience is our guide

A Clearly you learn stuff playing against pro players you do not learn in the classroom but JP seems like he has the most to learn from the classroom and pressbox side than on the field side of the ball I think he learns more and better being next to wyche in the pressbox than learning the scout team as a back_up He needs to worry more about the Xs and Os than worrying about inspiring Travis Henry rught now

B The Vick Pennington model seems to offer him more than starting his first year

C As Boller said during the draft his injury after starting last year demonstrated to him that there are simply tjomgs a player learns sitting and studying that he cannot learn on the field

jp starting will do a lot for us fans who think Bledsoe cannot do it but I think it will likely be less helpful for development of JP who needs to learn to anticipate NFL play and improve his own mechanics rather than how to be a leader or how to play at NFL speeds

I think he develops better as a contributor to the Bills over his career and as an nfl qb if he is simply our disaster qb and never plays at all this year

If he somehow shows in practice with MM and the Bills braintrust that even as a rookie he is the greatest rookie QB since Marino you obvously play him but given the shortcomings already seen in the game of someonw with Tulane level experience i think the following experience is our guide

A  Clearly you learn stuff playing against pro players you do not learn in the classroom but JP  seems like he has the most to learn from the classroom and pressbox side than on the field side of the ball  I think he learns more and better being next to wyche in the pressbox than learning the scout team as a back_up  He needs to worry more about the Xs and Os.

B The Vick Pennington model seems to offer him more than starting his first year

C As Boller said during the draft his injury after starting last year demonstrated to him that there are simply tjomgs a player learns sitting and studying that he cannot learn on the field

jp starting will do a lot for us fans who think Bledsoe cannot do it but I think it will likely be less helpful for development of JP who needs to learn to anticipate NFL play and improve his own mechanics rather than how to be a leader or how to play at NFL speeds

55147[/snapback]

You think because he's injured he's not already at Wyche's hip taking everything in he can right now?

I'll be honest, I am really torn on how I feel between letting him sit all season or letting him get some action late in the season to see what he has to offer. As a cop out I say give JP time in last 5 games on the schedule to develop/play if our record going into that game in Miami if our record isn't above .500. Though I would start him off slowly maybe the parts of and eventually the whole 4th quarter in the first few games. I could see starting him in the finale against Pittsburgh, as it could also be a good comparison vs Roethesburger, who will likely be starting the rest of the season for the Steelers.

Stay with Bledsoe but for God's sake line him up in the shotgun especially on obvious passing downs. Also roll Bledsoe out one or two times a game just to keep the defenses honest. If Bledsoe is to be replaced put Mathews in his place. I can't see an inexperienced QB doing better than Bledsoe or Mathews especially after coming off a very serious leg injury. Losman is the future. The Bills shouldn't be so desperate to salvage this season if it means potentially ruining Losman's health.

The final score of the Pats game doesn't reveal how close the game was. Too many little things added up to a loss. Poor play calling, penalties and a running back who falls over his own feet. Where was Willis?

Other than the touchdown in which he was slightly picked, Terrance McGee played solid again.

Someone said something about the leftwhich plan. If He's phsyically able I agree. Let him take his bumps now instead of going into next season and wasting next year as well. Let him have game time experience against actual nfl defenses. We're not doing anything this season anyway, so we really got nothing to lose. This isn't a day care center.We're not here to baby people. We spent a fortune on this kid, best bet is to let him go as soon as he's phsically ready. However in the highly unlikely scenario we are fighting for a playoff spot. Keep Bledsoe in, otherwise go for it and lets get a glimpse of the future.