Bills will beat NE in week 1

If message boards were around during the Jim Kelly years there's no doubt somewhere some Jet, Pat or Dolphin fan would have been telling their fellow fan brethren just how and why their team would beat the Bills on the road.

Sorry, but this is what this post most reminded me of.

Could it happen? Sure. But the unbridled optimism seems very silly to me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's what being a fan is all about... to hope for wins when rational thought dictates a loss.

Do I expect us to beat NE? no. Do I hope we'll kick their butt ?! Absolutely.

And why will I watch the game.... to see if what I hope so much for, could somehow come true.

I think that's what being a fan is all about... to hope for wins when rational thought dictates a loss.

Do I expect us to beat NE?  no.  Do I hope we'll kick their butt ?! Absolutely. 

And why will I watch the game.... to see if what I hope so much for, could somehow come true.

753337[/snapback]

Amen, brother!

The pats have the best QB in the league and the best coach. I'd wait a little before saying they will lose to a pretty bad Bills team. But here's hoping.

753080[/snapback]

I disagree with that. I think Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Daunte Culpepper (BEFORE injury), are all ahead of Brady. Tom won when he had the tools to win. His QB rating is consistently 92 or less (for an average of 88). Deion Branch (the reciever that received about 1/4th of Brady's completions and yards last year) will no longer be with the team. Now dont get me wrong. He is a good QB - he has won multiple SB's. I just believe if you put any of the above 3 QB's on those same teams, they would have won it also.

Now. Belichick. No doubt one of the top 4 best coaches in the game today. I would say #3 ... with the loss of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss he and his new staff certainly did struggle at times last year, did they not? With their last year struggles and Notre Dames out of the blue greatness, It makes you wonder really how important Charlie Weiss was to that team.

That being said I disagree with the original poster that this will be an easy game to win. I dont know who will win.

NE has all the tools to win the Superbowl again this year. I also watched them beat the Redskins last night and Arizona last week. The thing about them is it's all about Brady. He makes them so much better than they should be on offense. He's so accurate and hits everyone in stride and doesn't make dumb mistakes. From what I've seen of the Bills we have to hope NE overlooks Buffalo in week #1. Otherwise I see NE winning 38 - 13.

I disagree with that. I think Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Daunte Culpepper (BEFORE injury), are all ahead of Brady. Tom won when he had the tools to win. His QB rating is consistently 92 or less (for an average of 88). Deion Branch (the reciever that received about 1/4th of Brady's completions and yards last year) will no longer be with the team. Now dont get me wrong. He is a good QB - he has won multiple SB's. I just believe if you put any of the above 3 QB's on those same teams, they would have won it also.

Now. Belichick. No doubt one of the top 4 best coaches in the game today. I would say #3 ... with the loss of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss he and his new staff certainly did struggle at times last year, did they not? With their last year struggles and Notre Dames out of the blue greatness, It makes you wonder really how important Charlie Weiss was to that team.

That being said I disagree with the original poster that this will be an easy game to win. I dont know who will win.

753400[/snapback]

It's about the rings and clutch oportunies. What do all of them not have?

See the score last night junior?

753234[/snapback]

Not wanting to pick a fight here...& I'm not backing the other fellas argument.....just curious.....

How does a 28 year old get into the habbit of calling people junior? :devil:

NE has all the tools to win the Superbowl again this year.  I also watched them beat the Redskins last night and Arizona last week.  The thing about them is it's all about Brady.  He makes them so much better than they should be on offense.  He's so accurate and hits everyone in stride and doesn't make dumb mistakes.  From what I've seen of the Bills we have to hope NE overlooks Buffalo in week #1.  Otherwise I see NE winning 38 - 13.

753465[/snapback]

After reading probably over 500 of your posts, I am still left wondering. Are you a Bills fan or what?

I disagree with that.....

753400[/snapback]

I disagree with your disagreeance.

It's terrible to see(because Brady is a Pat) but he really is great. He is the sort of QB that elevates his team & simply put.....wins games....all of them.....the big ones especially.

AAARRRGGGHHH it gives the shiits but he really is that good. :devil:

I disagree with your disagreeance.

It's terrible to see(because Brady is a Pat) but he really is great.  He is the sort of QB that elevates his team & simply put.....wins games....all of them.....the big ones especially.

AAARRRGGGHHH it gives the shiits but he really is that good. :devil:

753645[/snapback]

Thats alright. We dont have to agree.

Haha sorry. Let me explain. I made that statement referring to pure talent. Its just my opinion but I think if you put Peyton Manning on those SB teams, that the Patriots still win the SB and it doesnt come down to 1 field goal. Just my opinion though.

753640[/snapback]

Other way around. If Brady was on the colts team instead of Manning.....with Harrison, the Edge, that OL.....it's the Colts that win the SB.

What more could Manning have done for the Pats(esp. that 1st SB) that Brady didn't? Manning is my favourite currant non-Bill player(see other thread for proof) but until he steps up & wins big games......well he is still my favourite non-Bill player :devil: