Harassment

inkman

What part of beholden to the lady (in these instances) don't you understand?

751905[/snapback]

Beholden? Why? If she was a 'nice old lady' instead of a nuisance and an irritant, maybe. What part of "stupid, senile old B word" don't you understand?

Seems every action was first started by the family.

751905[/snapback]

I thought you just said the cat started it. The real truth is that neither of us knows what started this whole mess, but I would still place my money on the crabby old lady next door.

The kid is retarded for re-opening the can of worms and should be kicked...

751905[/snapback]

If the kid is retarded, why would you kick him? Wouldn't you want to get him some help? See - that's why he needs a 'champion'.

They placate the lady, then he does this?

751905[/snapback]

Why the f_ck should they even have to "placate" the old coot in the first place???!!! :P:D

I'm not buyin' into this whole 'deference to age' crap. There's no reason why anyone should have to tolerate a neighbor's neuroses just because of their age.

Clearly, you and I perceive the whole situation quite differently.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beholden? Why?  If she was a 'nice old lady' instead of a nuisance and an irritant, maybe.  What part of "stupid, senile old B word" don't you understand? 

I thought you just said the cat started it.  The real truth is that neither of us knows what started this whole mess, but I would still place my money on the crabby old lady next door.

If the kid is retarded, why would you kick him?  Wouldn't you want to get him some help?  See - that's why he needs a 'champion'.

Why the f_ck should they even have to "placate" the old coot in the first place???!!! :P  :D

I'm not buyin' into this whole 'deference to age' crap.  There's no reason why anyone should have to tolerate a neighbor's neuroses just because of their age.

Clearly, you and I perceive the whole situation quite differently.

751950[/snapback]

It really isn't about the age. IMO, the family in these cases seem to be interfering and causing a wrong to the lady... First, their cat detsroys the lady's flowers... Next, the family says "sorry" by removing the cat to a family member (will that family member be foisting their problem into another neighborhood... probably so... But that is another story... Does the cat remain indoors where it should be?) Now, at this point, it seems that the situation has been corrected. Family cat causes woman's property harm, cat is removed. Why does the kid need to provide gratuitous remarks and try to gain the "upper hand" in the feud? Then the ball goes into the woman's court... She feels she is being mocked and harrassed, she presses charges.

What is wrong with that?... Every "wrong" and intervention into the woman's life is met with an opposite reaction... Shouldn't the family lose? I have seen no evidence that the woman instigated anything, quite the opposite.

Now, IMO the judge is doing the right thing... Examining the situation for 90 days... The burden is on the family... Maybe the lady snaps during this period and vindicates the family?... It behooves BOTH parties to cool down.

Not calling the boy a liar... Who to say he is telling the truth?... He is 14 and has less credibility than the lady (from what I read). Somebody has to be more credible? It will show during the 90 days.

I am up to $.16 now... I am fast approaching my $.20 limit... :w00t:

Oh... I am a cat owner.

Personally, I think this is hilarious. I'd meow at the old lady too!

Weren't any of you ever 14? Ever play hooky? Drink booze? Smoke? Stay out past curfew? Mess around with the neighbor girl? Blow up a mailbox? Shoplift? Beat someone up? Swear? Think impure thoughts?

Just about every well-adjusted 14 year old should be a mild pain in the butt at the very least. I'd consider his harmless juvenile joke to be pretty normal.

When you are 14, you test limits and get a great deal of satisfaction out of bucking the system in whatever little way you can. You can't drive, you can't work, you're in the middle of some crazy hormonal stuff---what else is there to do?

MEOW!

Personally, I think this is hilarious.  I'd meow at the old lady too!

Weren't any of you ever 14?  Ever play hooky?  Drink booze?  Smoke?  Stay out past curfew?  Mess around with the neighbor girl? Blow up a mailbox?  Shoplift?  Beat someone up?  Swear?  Think impure thoughts? 

Just about every well-adjusted 14 year old should be a mild pain in the butt at the very least.  I'd consider his harmless juvenile joke to be pretty normal.

When you are 14, you test limits and get a great deal of satisfaction out of bucking the system in whatever little way you can.  You can't drive, you can't work, you're in the middle of some crazy hormonal stuff---what else is there to do?

MEOW!

751963[/snapback]

These are some serious issues dude. Not your run of the mill "pain in the butt" issues... Messing around with the neighbor girl, maybe... "Hit the target", and you are in for a world of hurt... :P

I think somebody posted the quote and it rings true for everyone...

"When you find yourself in a hole, PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!"

:D:w00t:

These are some serious issues dude.  Not your run of the mill "pain in the butt" issues... Messing around with the neighbor girl, maybe... "Hit the target", and you are in for a world of hurt... :P

I think somebody posted the quote and it rings true for everyone...

"When you find yourself in a hole, PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!"

:D  :w00t:

751973[/snapback]

Really? At 14, I was guilty of 7 of 10 of those things myself and my circle of friends had the rest covered hands down. Guess what? We all turned out alright. Kids test limits and that includes some minor lawbreaking. Yeah, if I could take my 36 year old self back in time, I'd give my 14 year old self a swift kick in the ass every now and then, but that's life.

You can be the best parent of the best kid in the world, but if you think your 14 year old Johnny or Susie is a complete innocent then you are incredibly naive.

Weren't any of you ever 14?  Ever play hooky?  Drink booze?  Smoke?  Stay out past curfew?  Mess around with the neighbor girl? Blow up a mailbox?  Shoplift?  Beat someone up?  Swear?  Think impure thoughts? 

Just about every well-adjusted 14 year old should be a mild pain in the butt at the very least.  I'd consider his harmless juvenile joke to be pretty normal.

When you are 14, you test limits and get a great deal of satisfaction out of bucking the system in whatever little way you can.  You can't drive, you can't work, you're in the middle of some crazy hormonal stuff---what else is there to do?

MEOW!

751963[/snapback]

No, never blew up a mailbox - sounds like fun, though. Damn!

(Got most of that other stuff outa my system by 10 or 12, I think, but certainly remained a pain in the butt well into my teens. :P )

MEOW!

751963[/snapback]

I did all those by 14.

Bought a car for $50 and drove it around a scrap metal yard and did demolition derby with a few other junkers that my friends had bought.

Broke into the school at night and toilet papered classrooms and wrote sh-- on the chalkboard, man this is bringing back memories :D

At a campground spent all day catching frogs and all kinds of bugs and filling up a grocery bags and dumping the contents in the tent next to our site, this person yelled at my dad and uncles for partying around the fire at 8:30 at night and was rude to me and my cousins and nieces.. When we dumped the bag of bugs and frogs in her tent it looked like an amphimbian and entomology wildlife exhibit :P

The old man was cool with that, no boot that time ;)

I could go on, but you get the jist, I was a ;) young kid :D:w00t:;) punk.

Stuck a ten pound carp I caught in someones mailbox during the summertime, I can't remember why but I did that and I'm from mass ..Man those were the days!

I want to play rightnow :D

No, never blew up a mailbox - sounds like fun, though.  Damn!

(Got most of that other stuff outa my system by 10 or 12, I think, but certainly remained a pain in the butt well into my teens. :P )

751991[/snapback]

The secret formula is an M-80 and a slice of cheese pizza. Destructive, loud, AND messy!

The secret formula is an M-80 and a slice of cheese pizza.  Destructive, loud, AND messy!

752001[/snapback]

Reminds me when I was a kid and one of the other kids parents were upset because the storm drain along the street was clogged full of leaves and their driveway was flooding. Well us kids decided to be helpful and clean out the leaves by burning them. So we waited until everything had dried out, poured some gasoline in the drain, lit a match, and....

well, figure it out :P:D

The secret formula is an M-80 and a slice of cheese pizza.  Destructive, loud, AND messy!

752001[/snapback]

I know... For me 14 would have been young... Maybe by sixteen.

It is amazing what a "wrist racket" and a burnishing bead (ball bearing) can do to a window.

But if you get caught you deserve to be sent away... We were just lucky not to.

:P

I know... For me 14 would have been young... Maybe by sixteen.

It is amazing what a "wrist racket" and a burnishing bead (ball bearing) can do to a window.

But if you get caught you deserve to be sent away...  We were just lucky not to.

:P

752015[/snapback]

That was then this is now, so what kinda pranks due you pull on your co-workers or the boaters being wiseazzes while their waiting to go through the locks?

One of my pranks as a carpet installer: was we had a new helper that we would pickup and drive to towards the job starting at 6am....This helper would fall asleep on the rolls of pad and carpet in the van and sometimes his rearend was between the front seats....He would snore and occassionaly fart, we got tired of that quick and tryed to get the kid to help read a map or organize the tool shelves to keep him awake....He lay back down on the pad and start snoring or fart again( You remember those plugin the cigg lighter ice scraper with the s shaped heat element to help clear the ice off the windshield....We slid that scraper in his back pocket with the element facing his azz, plugged it in and in 30 minutes he woke up screaming and moving all over the back of the van ...We branded him with the element melting a s shape in his azz :D He quit 2 weeks later and a new lumper guinea pig took his place, he got his share of abuse too but turned into a good installer with a chip on his shoulder :w00t: Hey it's part of the job :D

That was then this is now, so what kinda pranks due you pull on your co-workers or the boaters being wiseazzes while their waiting to go through the locks?

One of my pranks as a carpet installer: was we had a new helper that we would pickup and drive to towards the job starting at 6am....This helper would fall asleep on the rolls of pad and carpet in the van and sometimes his rearend was between the front seats....He would snore and occassionaly fart, we got tired of that quick and tryed to get the kid to help read a map or organize the tool shelves to keep him awake....He lay back down on the pad and start snoring or fart again( You remember those plugin the cigg lighter ice scraper with the s shaped heat element to help clear the ice off the windshield....We slid that scraper in his back pocket with the element facing his azz, plugged it in and in 30 minutes he woke up screaming and moving all over the back of the van ...We branded him with the element melting a s shape in his azz :w00t:  He quit 2 weeks later and a new lumper guinea pig took his place, he got his share of abuse too  but turned into a good installer with a chip on his shoulder :D  Hey it's part of the job ;)

752028[/snapback]

;)

Of course we are the utmost professionals here... ;) Besides that, just simple one's like parking the electric golf carts in reverse.

Now boaters you can't really do much... And it is no fun picking on the drunk and stupid one's (could get them killed) after the first couple of times... ;)

There was the one time when a lockage was going downbound... The only way to empty the pit/chamber is to crack the lower gates (we use a sector gate system since the head (or difference in water elevation) may reverse out back to the lake at times)... While the chamber was lowering (about 2-5 feet) the water is rushing out (about 1-3 million gallons diverted down)... There was this banging against the gates where they were cracked open... A boater was going up against the dropping head trying to get in... Of course the only thing to do was to yell some encouragement and say "come on... keep trying... how do you think these people made it in!"... :P

Then on a serious note... I had stalled vessel on the lower guide wall with a 700' tow (6 barges) bearing down about 300' away... Of course I was a screaming wreck, to clear out of the way... :D I get there and the first thing the boater replies to me was: "what do you want me to do" indignantly... The first thing out of my mouth was: "put down the effing beer"... Another boater came and hauled him off.

It is amazing what people will do and the risk they will take... By just buying a boat, jumping in it and going... Kinda like heading to Oregon with no roadmap... ;)

I guess it is the last free "open highway"... And pack the booze too.

Knock on wood... Nobody has died within the lock chamber... In the approaches yes... But, what can I do about that.

13 million ton of cargo, 5k empty barges a year just doesn't mix with 25-30k "happy cruisers."

Just this past weekend a cig boat headered a tow down river at Marseilles lock (Ottawa, IL)... All were killed. :(

One of my pranks as a carpet installer: was we had a new helper that we would pickup and drive to towards the job starting at 6am....This helper would fall asleep on the rolls of pad and carpet in the van and sometimes his rearend was between the front seats....He would snore and occassionaly fart, we got tired of that quick and tryed to get the kid to help read a map or organize the tool shelves to keep him awake....He lay back down on the pad and start snoring or fart again( You remember those plugin the cigg lighter ice scraper with the s shaped heat element to help clear the ice off the windshield....We slid that scraper in his back pocket with the element facing his azz, plugged it in and in 30 minutes he woke up screaming and moving all over the back of the van ...We branded him with the element melting a s shape in his azz ;)  He quit 2 weeks later and a new lumper guinea pig took his place, he got his share of abuse too  but turned into a good installer with a chip on his shoulder ;)  Hey it's part of the job :P

752028[/snapback]

go to sleep, youtube boy.............. :w00t:

So we're not talking about a vicious, recidivist, habitual criminal offender here, but a fairly typical teenager - who is not beyond help, if only he had...

Matt Foley : Motivational Speaker...

Come to think of it, the 'meowing' thing is kinda lame - instead, the kid shoulda 'egged' her house - or used the ol' 'flaming bag of poop' trick...

Matt Foley : Motivational Speaker...

;)

Of course we are the utmost professionals here... :D  Besides that, just simple one's like parking the electric golf carts in reverse.

Now boaters you can't really do much... And it is no fun picking on the drunk and stupid one's (could get them killed) after the first couple of times... ;)

There was the one time when a lockage was going downbound... The only way to empty the pit/chamber is to crack the lower gates (we use a sector gate system since the head (or difference in water elevation) may reverse out back to the lake at times)... While the chamber was lowering (about 2-5 feet) the water is rushing out (about 1-3 million gallons diverted down)... There was this banging against the gates where they were cracked open... A boater was going up against the dropping head trying to get in...  Of course the only thing to do was to yell some encouragement and say "come on... keep trying... how do you think these people made it in!"... ;) 

Then on a serious note... I had stalled vessel on the lower guide wall with a 700' tow (6 barges) bearing down about 300' away... Of course I was a screaming wreck, to clear out of the way... :P  I get there and the first thing the boater replies to me was: "what do you want me to do" indignantly... The first thing out of my mouth was: "put down the effing beer"...  Another boater came and hauled him off.

It is amazing what people will do and the risk they will take... By just buying a boat, jumping in it and going... Kinda like heading to Oregon with no roadmap... :w00t:

I guess it is the last free "open highway"... And pack the booze too.

Knock on wood... Nobody has died within the lock chamber... In the approaches yes... But, what can I do about that.

13 million ton of cargo, 5k empty barges a year just doesn't mix with 25-30k "happy cruisers."

Just this past weekend a cig boat headered a tow down river at Marseilles lock (Ottawa, IL)... All were killed. ;)

752064[/snapback]

I could just imagine the boats and hammerheads waiting for the lockgates to open and the sh1t they do when they are impatient ;) and the ''possible'' words you direct at those individuals :D

I use to boat in the gulf of mexico and the atlantic in new england.

In the gulf in south florida is the 10,000 mangrove islands it's like the maze in the shining on water...You really need know how to read the sun and stars at night along with other visible visual indicators, or nowadays a gps.....In the newpapers like the naples daily you read stories of people getting lost out there and running out of gas, and ''seatow'' can cost up to a $1000 depending on distance..

That area is where the cubans come in sometimes, and the cocaine smugglers use that route to transport the coke into so fla...Google Everglades city, in the 80's this fishing town located in S.W.fla on the gulf and in the 10,000 island region was a cocaine mecca for smugglers, the town hall and city cops were all involved in that trade!!!

I could just imagine the boats and hammerheads waiting for the lockgates to open and the sh1t they do when they are impatient :lol:  and the ''possible'' words you direct at those individuals ;)

I use to boat in the gulf of mexico and the atlantic in new england.

In the gulf in south florida is the 10,000 mangrove islands it's like the maze in the shining on water...You really need know how to read the sun and stars at night along with other visible visual indicators, or nowadays a gps.....In the newpapers like the naples daily you read stories of people getting lost out there and running out of gas, and ''seatow'' can cost up to a $1000 depending on distance..

That area is where the cubans come in sometimes, and the cocaine smugglers use that route to transport the coke into so fla...Google Everglades city, in the 80's this fishing town located in S.W.fla on the gulf and in the 10,000 island region was a cocaine mecca for smugglers, the town hall and city cops were all involved in that trade!!!

752270[/snapback]

Heck... On some parts of this canal (the SAG)... You can hear boats calling the CG that they are out of gas... One such case was when the snapperheads were sitting under Cicero Ave... Heck... They could have hiked up over the embankment and got gas at Citgo, BP, take your pick! I try not to make wise arse comments on the VHF... :P:lol:

Then there are the boats that go out to Lake Michigan... You get the 100-500k ones (in this sh*t ditch?)... A lot of packages can be floating out there... Hmmmmm... You should see them scurry to get their act together when the Coasties come through... Gotta admit, they look tough now with the SAW's mounted fore and aft!

:devil:;)

Oh... People look in amazement when you float them the 1/3 rule:

1/3 out

1/3 in

and 1/3 in reserve... One guy told me that his fuel gauge was broken... :devil: That is when I suggest he look in his tank with a lit match... ;):lol:

I always get them the "I am sinking, need to get through fast" routine... I tell them: "take it to shore and sink in 2 feet of water... Can't come through taking on water"... Worst possible excuse is to use the "I am sinking line."

;)

Oh... People look in amazement when you float them the 1/3 rule:

1/3 out

1/3 in

and 1/3 in reserve... One guy told me that his fuel gauge was broken... :devil:  That is when I suggest he look in his tank with a lit match... :lol:  :lol:

I always get them the "I am sinking, need to get through fast" routine... I tell them: "take it to shore and sink in 2 feet of water... Can't come through taking on water"... Worst possible excuse is to use the "I am sinking line."

;)

753647[/snapback]

I love those type of set ups, you must love your job for that reason alone ;)

America is great for all these decadent opprutunities and the comedy that comes with it, everybody is in a hollywood movie, they just can't remember the script, and thats the beauty of american life when the dream pops and the laughter erupts. :lol: Keep locking and rocking EII :P