The verdict is in early

LevysEraII

Well, it looks like the verdict is in. It didn't take long. It didn't take long for what, you ask? Not too long ago, I posted a thread about "Whom will be this season's scapegoat/punching bag". I caught some heat for that thread but like I said, the verdict is already in.

Drumroll please.

And this season's punching bags are......

WR Peerless Price

RG Chris Villariall

and

QB Kelly Holcomb

Is there another section of the board I'm missing? I haven't heard that much complaining about Price or Villarial. I've heard that Price looks good in camp but hasn't had a catch in the (deep breath) preseason. A bunch of people jumped to conclusions because he missed one practice but I haven't seen any evidence of an attitude problem that some want him to have.

Holcomb has been a punching bag since he got the nod as a starter, and it will be hard to scapegoat him when he's holding a clip board.

Well, it looks like the verdict is in. It didn't take long. It didn't take long for what, you ask? Not too long ago, I posted a thread about "Whom will be this season's scapegoat/punching bag". I caught some heat for that thread but like I said, the verdict is already in.

Drumroll please.

WR Peerless Price

RG Chris Villariall

and

QB Kelly Holcomb

748449[/snapback]

Josh Reed is taking his fair share, as well.

OH...and Cablebabe is getting s#it for keeping Peerless out of practice.

I'd like to write in a candidate.....Fairchild.

By calling the run on 4th down at the 3 yd line, he is showing himself to come from the Mularkified School of Contrarian Playcalling.

If we poop the bed early, he will jump to the scapegoat lead.

748524[/snapback]

You got that in reverse. In MularkeyGreggoVille, you call a pass every time on 3rd or 4th and 2 or less. :flirt:

Drumroll please.

WR Peerless Price

RG Chris Villariall

and

QB Kelly Holcomb

748449[/snapback]

Well, CV and KH are last year's bags... :flirt:

PP is a high-priced aquisition, so we will see.

Drumroll please.

WR Peerless Price

RG Chris Villariall

and

QB Kelly Holcomb

748449[/snapback]

I disagree. If any of these 3 perform poorly, do you expect any real surprise? Why would there be? 1 is a reject. 2 are old with a history of horrible injuries.

JP and Whitner are 1st round draft picks. Whitner was a #8, and JP also cost us a 2nd and a 5th. Bills fans have a reasonable right to expect production from these guys.

Stick around. If these guys falter, their biggest supporters on this board will be hurling daggers at them. :flirt:

I'd like to write in a candidate.....Fairchild.

By calling the run on 4th down at the 3 yd line, he is showing himself to come from the Mularkified School of Contrarian Playcalling.

If we poop the bed early, he will jump to the scapegoat lead.

748524[/snapback]

Are you picking your plays from the Mularkey or Madden play book? There's nothing wrong with a run on 4th and 3. In fact in the preseason, I think its a good call because it tells your o-line that you've got confidence in them and if they fail, no biggie, its the preseason.

Now we need a survivor of the scapegoats  :flirt:

Maybe a cameo from Big Bennie, speaking of which if you look at the Miami game guess who the first two penalties of the game are on?  :P  I'll give you a hint, it's not Mike Murlakey.

748522[/snapback]

Are you serious? That turd is still getting penalized all the time?

What a turd.