Jets trade for Kevin Barlow

Kevin Barlow is a good stop gap guy, good when hes sharing carries with someone but hes not a good starting rb. When hes been the main guy he's been fairly pedestrian, when he shares carries he can be effective. Considering the other option for the jets of trading for TJ Duckett, Barlow was by far a better move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2555699

Whatever.  He is not impressive (although Frank Gore is).  Man the Jets are gonna suck.

747885[/snapback]

Barlow is going from one crap team to another...he could be the next Walter Payton, but nobody will ever know...

I like Gore a lot...I think he is one of those guys, barring more injuries, can transcend a bad offensive line...he is my early round fanatasy sleeper...I drafted him last season...he came on pretty strong toward the end of the season...he is a bull.

Kevin Barlow is a good stop gap guy, good when hes sharing carries with someone but hes not a good starting rb. When hes been the main guy he's been fairly pedestrian, when he shares carries he can be effective.  Considering the other option for the jets of trading for TJ Duckett, Barlow was by far a better move.

747893[/snapback]

I know the Steelers were trying to get Duckett too, as a replacement the Bus, I wonder if they're still interested.

Barlow is going from one crap team to another...he could be the next Walter Payton, but nobody will ever know...

I like Gore a lot...I think he is one of those guys, barring more injuries, can transcend a bad offensive line...he is my early round fanatasy sleeper...I drafted him last season...he came on pretty strong toward the end of the season...he is a bull.

747896[/snapback]

Beat me to it - Gore fantasy owners everywhere rejoice.

Have followed the 49ers relatively closely over the past 4 years. The guy was great sharing the ball with Hearst. He has great power and speed. Early on he was known as a major fumbler, but sort of shook that reputation with the success he shared with Hearst. Got the job full time and became pedestrian. Seemed to run slower and with less power. Of course this may have been that the 49ers turned to crap those years and several of there old o-line stalwarts left to free agency - Stone and Gragg. They've had major O-line problems the past 3 years.

He could have a big year with a change of scenery and better blocking.

Kevin Barlow is a good stop gap guy

747893[/snapback]

He could also be a good stop at the 'GAP' guy when the pimple-faced Mangini needs some new threads.

NFL Radio on Sirius is like a local NYC channel.... Jets 24x7! :blush:

747974[/snapback]

Not entirely true...they also give ample air time to NJ's other team due to douchebag Giants shill Adam Schein.

The UCLA Hicks?  He's still in the league?

748003[/snapback]

Not sure who you are refering to, but im talking about Maurice Hicks. Gore hasnt proved he can stay healthy, and Hicks has shown flashes of brilliance in the past. Its clearly Gores job right now, but if he goes down, the potential exists for hicks to take the job and make it his own.