MCGAHEE

RJOSEPH

:D Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

745634[/snapback]

Also, what do you mean by "break out"? McGahee is not ever going to score TD's like Shaun Alexander behind the line we got, but I'll put money on him getting 1,300 yards and atleast 12 TD's this year if he stays healthy. Will it get him to the Pro Bowl? I don't know. But he will score more TD's this year than last year. He's trying to get a big money contract too, remember that. It's his onfield performance that has to earn the paycheck. That's probably why he really lost about 20 lbs.

Also, what do you mean by "break out"? McGahee is not ever going to score TD's like Shaun Alexander behind the line we got, but I'll put money on him getting 1,300 yards and atleast 12 TD's this year if he stays healthy. Will it get him to the Pro Bowl? I don't know. But he will score more TD's this year than last year. He's trying to get a big money contract too, remember that. It's his onfield performance that has to earn the paycheck. That's probably why he really lost about 20 lbs.

745703[/snapback]

Add to this the fact that he's clearly getting more passes out of the backfield, and it's not likely you'll see this coaching staff exclusively keep him on the bench in third down situations. You can't predict last year's results when a new offensive scheme is being introduced this year.

That's not to say this scheme won't suck, but you can't predict what will happen based on the past.

:D Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :)

745634[/snapback]

Remember this- we did upgrade- but even upgrading disrupts continuity. Give them time. Fowler and Reyes were very solid pickups for us, and Peters is still very raw.

We will be dangerous late in the season- even if we're out of the playoff hunt....that is a season away

Cincy still has a paper thin defense. Yeah I know they can run up the scoreboard, but they remind me of the chiefs the last few years.  Great offense, but their defense just isn't good enough to play up to snuff. Their dline is questionable,  bryan robinson, sam adams, thornton, justin smith. We all know Sam Adams penchant for looking like an allstar when he wants to, or being completly irrelevant.  Their lbs are plagued by character issues of odell thurman, ahmad brooks and aj nicholson and the current starting unit just doesnt seem like much of anything with pollack/simmons/landon johnson.  Their corners while ball hawks are not good cover corners. Madieu Williams is a young improving safety while ss dexter jackson is on the downside of his carrer.  I just cant see this unit improving enough to compete for a superbowl.

Yes Chris Henry is a tremendous talent, and probably could be a great wr, but I doubt he ever lives up to his potential. He'll probably foul up on his way out the league.  Chris Perry is a good receiving back out of the backfield and makes up for the lack of hands that rudi johnson has. Speaking of Rudi Im not really a big fan of his.  He just lacks certain elements I look for in great runningbacks. Great pouding it up the gut, but he lacks receiving ability, breakaway speed, and the ability to bounce runs outside.  I think hes a lot like jamal lewis, while a good back just lacks that ething that makes you think he's great.  Still very good though. Theres no denying the offensive talent the bengals have.  Enough to make it to the playoffs. I just find it difficult to concede that a team with as many character issues as the bengals a so so head coach, and a  thin defense can make a push for the superbowl.

745693[/snapback]

Well, I've led the parade for some time regarding the B'gals p-poor interior DL. And I've certainly voiced some criticism of HC Lewis, cheifly because of his love of LB's and not defensive interior players.

But believe me, the LB's on that squad - starters and reserves - are one talented bunch.

Teams would be well-served to pay strong attention to

their cut-downs as the regular season approaches - LB's, DB's, OL's WR's...

Willis is a stud and will have a huge year. Our O-Line is not great, but it is better. Blocking tight ends are better. Our passing game will definitely be better. Our D is better and will keep us in more running situations. Play calling and coaching relationship/motiviation will be much better. Willis is in better shape, focused, and ready to roll.

745634[/snapback]

I think Willis likes to look at his 6-pack abs in the mirror.

:w00t: Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? :devil:

745634[/snapback]

Isnt school back in yet? <_<

:devil: Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? <_<

745634[/snapback]

How dare you! Willis will be just fine. This should be the very LEAST of our problems.

:devil: Do any of you guys think that willis waisted his time losing almost 20lbs and getting his burst back because i am not so sure that even walter payton himself could gain more than 1200 yards behind a o-line like this one!!!  is this guy finally going to break out or will his promise be hindered behind these trash bags? <_<

745634[/snapback]

I think we're wasting out time developing a RB in a season where we are rebuilding and with a RB that's going to want to leave as soon as possible.